NORTH QUEENSLAND 300 GAMES

Shadows Fall

Prince of Darkness
I am currently trying to compile a history of North Queensland bowling, including a comprehensive list of every 300 game bowled by North Queensland bowlers, both home and abroad.

The list I have compiled dates back to 1964 - yes 1964 the very first 300 game bowled in Queensland was by Wayne Sullivan in Mount Isa, Go Figure!!!!

But the problem is that I know my list is missing a few 300's, so I am hoping you guys can help me out.

If you are a North Queensland resident (or were at the time of your 300) and have bowled a recognised 300 game (i.e. not bowled in practice, an unsanctionel league or tournament or with equipment deemed illegal) can you send me;

* Month and Year it was bowled
* Centre it was bowled in.

Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

PS George your 1st 300 in 1999 at Cairns counts but after that you disowned us so your NQ tally stands at 1, same as your Dad :D:D:D

Due to the outstanding response to this thread, maybe I'll try a different strategy :rolleyes:

Could someone from Cairns, Innisfail, Mount Louisa, Kirwan, Ayr, Mackay and Mount Isa have a look at all of the lane records in your centre, and let me know about the ones that are 300.

All I want to know is bowlers name and date the 300 was bowled.

I really do appreciate any help you can give me, and that all will be revealed shortly.

Cheers

Steve :D

Do you have the book " Australian Tenpin Bowling" published 1988? Apart from the Mt Isa one, there are several listed - Blackwater for instance. It lists every sanctioned 300 to and inc. 1988. If you have'nt got this info, let me know. Where is 'Sunshine Bowl'?
Where north you're starting ?

Hi Mate,

Jessica Starkey bowled the first recognised 300 game in Innisfail in September 2002 during the Girls Open Masters following a 277 in the previous game. I believe this was the first 300 for a junior female in North Queensland. Natasha Walker was the first female bowler to bowl one but I dont know when that was.

Here is our list Jessica Starkey 2002, Amos Togo 2004, Kevin Dowley Nov 2008, Aaron Nowak Feb 2009 (Rachuig Rolloff), Rob Kaluci Feb 2009(Rachuig Rolloff), Shaun Dunn May 2009 (Switch Open), Tony Hamilton bowled 2 300's in the 2009 Switch Open

Unofficial: Luke Turner has bowled 4 x 300 games all of these in prebowls or practice so dont get a mention.

EJ,

Thanks for that, as I didn't have Jess or the 300 Shaun Dunn bowled in the Switch Open (He could have two as well if it wasn't for the stubborn 10 pin on lane 1, I know as I was on lane 2 :D:D)

If anyone reading this knows when Natasha Walker bowled her 300 (month and year) I would be super appreciative. Kate Murry if you are reading this would you be able to ask her.

Thanks Heaps

Tubs :D :D

PS Brenda, Angelo, Frank, Otty, Marisa, Trent, Rob Buckley, Kerri and Gary, all the Mackay crew I keep checking my letter box for the Northern Series of Bowling forms and the $30 - Still Waiting!!!!!

Don't make me chase you or I'll be all over you like...........well me all over a donut :D :D :D :D

Kerri,

Can you see if you or Gary can remember the dates that Gary bowled his first 5 x 300 games.

Cheers

Tubs

Due to the outstanding response to this thread, maybe I'll try a different strategy :rolleyes:

Know what you mean. Seeing I don't know where your North / South line is, I can't check these I have listed. I've got one listed at BLACKWATER??, one at Bundaberg, and 'Sunshine Bowl' - QLD. Dont know where it is.

They're prob all out of your area anyhow.

Thanks Maddy,

I didn't know Warren had thrown a 300, and back in '94 with pre-reactive gear is a great achievement. Any chance you can have a look at all the other lane records that are 300 and let me know who and when they were bowled? I'd owe you big time :D

Jim, Thanks for your help. NQ goes south to Mackay, West to Mount Isa and North to Cairns.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Mate,

Shaun Dunn bowled a 290 and two games later threw 300 in 2000 during the NCZ Junior Open masters in Cairns, don't know if you had that but thought I would throw it in.

Thanks EJ,

That was a preview at a young age of what a super talented bowler Shaun Dunn was to become and I have a feeling we haven't seen the best of him yet.

Also can you organise yours and anyone else from Innisfail that is taking part in the Northern Series of Bowling to either send all of the forms and money to me or if you are coming to the Cairns Open bring them there.

It's just I want to try and get everything squared away befiore the first tournament of the year. I am hoping that you, Jess, Kev Dowley, Allan Sloan Jr, Luke Turner and a few other will be having a go.

Thanks Heaps

Steve

Hey Steve - we are back to bowling this week so I will have a look around and get what I can for the 300's from Cairns

There was a 300 thrown in Atherton many many many years ago by Jon Marriott - I will see if i can get the date etc as well.....

Leanne

300 games bowled in Cairns by Cairns Bowlers (as per lane records)
John Dowling (1993) first one for Cairns, Warren Hill, Brad Carr and Michael Musgrave (1994,) Brad Carr (1995), Craig Hembrow (1996), Brian Roughshed (2008), John Fryer, Nathern Furze and Michael Bennett (2009)
NONE for 2010
300 games bowled by Cairns Bowlers elswere, Larissa Nastasi (2008)
300 games bowled in Cairns by visiting bowlers, Rob Buclkey (2006), John Dunn and Steve Forester (2009)

John and Stormy,

Thanks for the info, but because I am a big pain in the butt :D:D

Can you tell me what month in 2008 Roughy bowled his 300 and what month in 2009 Michael Bennett bowled his?

As for Jon Marriott I can't find anything, so you'll be a legend if you find that Stormy (might have to shout you a cold beer :D:D)

See you in a couple of weeks

Tubs :D

Michael Bennett is easy one - it was last month - I will ask Brian tomorrow night at league -

Will hold you to the beer to :)

straight from the horses mouth - or text message :) Brian Roughsedge 300 bowled on 25-11-08

still getting Jon's - I was bowling in Atherton in those days so it is more than 15 years ago - stretching the memory (I can not remember what I did yesterday but I will find out)

do anything for a beer :)

Stormie

You're a legend Stormy, so why did you dump me again........:D :D :D

Sorry I couldn't resist, but the beer is definately on me

The dumping was by whom!!!!!

The beer will definately be on you......

Jon Marriott 300 April 1994 - and I believe that it is the only one to ever be bowled in Atherton.....

Stormy

Back
Top Bottom