ATTENTION ALL NORTH QUEENSLAND BOWLERS.....

Steve,

I think it is a brilliant idea, and I have supported it and yourself from the word go. However, I really DO NOT think that this concept will create more tournament bowlers. The same old bowlers that drag themselves all over NQ will be the same guys nominating. The reason: Most people will not travel other than the died in the wool contenders we always see. Therefore not opening the Northern Series up to other states for the winning is a little limiting. Sure, have a division (trophy) for the highest ranked NQ resident, but make sure the "series" can be won by Brando or George or any of the great travelling bowlers. If it is exposure, credibility and participation you are after then dont limit yourself. HAVE A SEPARATE JUNIOR DIVISION ALSO!!!!! It worked very well at the Switch Open this year and saves having to organise separate sponsors, accreditation etc for another tourny.

CONGRATULATIONS TO TUBBY FOR GETTING THIS ROLLING - WELL DONE MATE

EJ,

1. Thanks for your kind words, but a better way of showing your support would be to send me your $30 and your nomination form :D

2. I already have at least 4 people who have paid their nomination fees, who don't usually bowl open tournaments. Sure they may not bowl every tournie, but even 1 person bowling 1 extra tournament is a step in the right direction. Hopefully they will enjoy themselves and work at their game and the following year bowl 2 or more.

3. If we open it up to the likes of George, Brando and the like who are all great bowlers and great ambassadors for our game then the people mentioned in part 2 may not take part which totally defeats the original concept.

4. Like all plans they have to start somewhere, and if I can get enough support from the bowlers and sponsors, and things are successful then in future years I may look at seniors and junior divisions. But for now I will start small and hopefully develop a solid base which will enable successful expansion.

C'mon guys keep those nomination forms coming in, Cairns Open will be on us before you know it!!! And knowing how much work Gavin and his crew put into the Cairns Open lets try and get as many numbers as possible.

Cheers

Steve :D:D

Please dont think I am knocking you mate, you WILL get my $30 DONATION shortly, the cheque is in the mail.

What I am saying is, people that dont bowl tournaments now, probably wont want to shell out approx $3000 to compete in the entire circuit (includes accom and transport and Intercity etc etc) other than the guys that already do it. It all adds up. It is very attractive for the awesome bowlers such as yourself as the risk isnt there. Bowlers such as yourself more often than not come out in front.

I think the idea is brilliant, but not for enticing new tournament bowlers. All this will do is bolster our already fairly strong local support for our tournaments, and perhaps introduce more locals in their home centre tournaments. But it IS what our tournament scene needs!

To quote you Tubby "Sure they may not bowl every tournie, but even 1 person bowling 1 extra tournament is a step in the right direction." THAT IS DEAD RIGHT!!!!

I cant wait to see the outcome, I really hope it does work. My tip for NQ bowler of the year for 2010 is..... you guessed it..... Tubby

My tips are;

2010 Male Bowler of the Year - Angelo Nucifora (Currently ranked #6 in Australia)

2010 Female Bowler of the Year - This will be a really tightly contested division which I think will go right down to the wire, but my tip is Brenda Carr

Hey steve congrats on a great idea and all the best for it.
My tip would also be a Nucifora - But Sam, who assures me he will be getting back into it in a big big way, maybe from Ang and yourself Steve.
All best to everyone involved - Ash

Thanks Ash,

It would be great to see Sam back bowling, as he has too much talent to be playing that other round ball game where the kick the ball :D :D :D

Well done steve along time coming my congrats to you and all that have put there time into it. Would love to come and play this format but forget how to bowl. might end up kicking the ball instead of rolling it. But then whats changed. Hi Ash and Jack love yas

Back
Top Bottom