Association Challenge 2003

J

JWIFFEN

Well we hope everyone enjoyed a great tournament again this year. Sadly, due to the controversy surrounding the event, I decided to steer clear.

What amazes me is that 2 people who were the constant victims of criticism actually did ALL of the work leading up to the event. I think a big vote of thanks needs to be expressed not to the T&DDTBA, but to Scott Lutvey and Barry Fagg. Barry's wife Kerree also played a big role in getting the event together.

I have spoken to Barry and he appears somewhat disillussioned. It would appear that apart from the odd 1 or 2 no one has thanked them for all their work. Not even the host centre, who stood to benefit financially.

I believe Barry and Scott were incorrectly labelled as stirrers. I also believe that the protagonists got their way.

It is a sad day when any sport loses participants who were not only very involved with the game, but very good administrators as well. Barry has been instrumental within our association in gaining government funding etc and furthering our sport.

Who do you hold responsible for this? It does not really matter because I believe it takes more than 1 to create a controversy, and there was more than several involved in the crap that preluded the Association Challenge.

As for myself, fishing and golf are far better options for the future.

Bowling has lost the plot!!!

YES JOHN IT WAS AN ENJOYABLE AND SUCCESSFULL TOURNEMENT .TDDTBA DID THERE PART IN ORGANISING AWARDS AND THE DINNER DANCE {THERE CHOICE}.THE TOURNEMENT DIRECTORS JOHN GRIFFEN ERROL & DONNA PHIEFER DID THIER ROLE WHICH I THINK WAS MADE ALOT EASY FOR THEM THANKS TO THE GREAT NEW AUTOMATIC SCORING SYSTEM WE HAVE IN PLACE .AS FOR EVERYTHING ELSE IT WENT WELL DUE TO OUR WONDERFUL STAFF. ZANE DID A REALLY GREAT JOB ON CONTROL MAKING SURE EVERYTHING RAN SMOOTHY WITH LANE CHANGES AND CONDITIONS. ALSO OUR GREAT MECHANICS WITH BOB QUINN AT THE HELM DID A WONDERFUL JOB KEEPING THE MACHINES GOING AROUND THE CLOCK WITH HARDLY ANY HICCUPS AND A WELL BALANCED OILING CONDITION THAT WAS FAIR TO ALL BOWLERS. THERE WAS 238 , 200+ GAMES BOWLED GREAT TO SEE. THEN THERE WAS OUR WONDERFUL BISTRO STAFF WHO WORKED NON STOP TO MAKE SURE EVERYBODY WAS WELL FED WITHOUT TO LONG A WAIT. I WOULD ESPECIALY LIKE TO THANK SIMONE AND ROSIE FOR GREAT JOB WELL DONE. YES JOHN WE DID BENEFIT FINANCIALLY BUT IT WAS DUE TO OUR WONDERFUL NEW LOOKING CENTRE AND GREAT DEDICATED STAFF. NEXT YEAR ITS ROCKY,S TURN AND YES TOOWOOMBA WILL BE THERE WITH A TEAM OF BOWLERS MADE UP OF BOWLERS FROM GARDEN CITY AND SUNSET BOWLERS CAN"T WAIT THANKS EVERY ONE CINDY AND DARRYL DONNELLY PS JOHN I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR GOLF AND FISHING.

Ooops!! Never meant to hit a nerve. But Hayles, or is it Cindy?

I never complained about the centre, nor the staff, so why the lash out at me?

By the way, from all accounts the centre looks great, I wish it well.

As for the go at me.................I only want to see the people that spent months (not days) being remembered for what they did despite all the bullshit that occurred prior to the event.

It was interesting that all the attacks and crap ceased just after a settlement that eveyone had accepted was reached.

As for fishing and golf, you bet I will enjoy it. Thanks for your good wishes.

I believe that the same people who organised the event over the past few months worked long into the night on results ans such.

For all those wanting results, be a little patient. It is not in the rules that the results be posted within 24hours here, in fact they are supposed to be posted out. You could always phone the centre
they may be able to help if you are desperate. I know that some of you have a genuine interest, I am sure they will be posted.

NO JOHN YOU NEVER HIT A NERVE .

AND NO JOHN I NEVER SAID YOU SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE CENTRE.

AND NO JOHN I DIDNT HAVE A GO AT YOU.

I WAS COMMENTING ON HOW WELL A JOB EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTED PERFORMED.

AND YES JOHN THIS IS CINDY.

After a few short months of preparation for the Association Challenge we have seen it conducted and finished. I for one am glad see to it finally over after all the crap that has come with it.

As usual the there has been the normal problems that accompany the running of a tournament. Of those the complete and utter contempt of management towards the host association’s members is top of the list. It was wonderful for bowlers of the team – of which all but three bowl in league at Garden City Lanes- to be told that lanes would not be put on practice and that bowlers would have to pay to practice including an excessive price if you did not bowl there. So much for willing to work with the other centre I say.

Then again with the condition put out for the tournament all the practice in the world would have been irrelevant. A change to learning how to crank the ball severely would probably be the only way to have a great shot. It was a definite disappointment considering the condition put down for the New Years Open was suited to all types of bowlers not just the crankers.

That Barry or I was not allowed in the centre for even this is typical. Even up until the Friday before the tournament, Barry was still not going to be allowed into the centre for the tournament, even though it was a condition of the tournament that this be so. I on the other hand was greeted with complete ignorance and a look of utter hatred when dropping off tournament posters into the centre to be used for the tournament.

During the tournament, a lane that I was bowling on had a problem that took quite a while to fix. After waiting around for some ten minutes and nothing happening even though the bell had been rung a few times, I asked another bowler to ask whoever was on control how long it was going to take. What do I get in reply but a blasting from the centre owner. Talk about good public relations. I just feel sorry for the poor bowler who asked the question for me, as he didn’t deserve that sort of thing to happen. I on the other hand am used to that sort of treatment by them.

Of course the delegates meeting on Monday comes close to the biggest joke I’ve even seen in my life. Talk about one mouthpiece guiding the rest to a decision. First off the fact that T&DDTBA is the association that fields the team from Toowoomba and intends to field a team next year is irrelevant. Then the fact that if we are removed, Gympie is the next association in line to take our spot is ignored. We don’t want two associations organising a team from Toowoomba was stated but then they later decide that hey we will have three associations organising the team. That about sums up why bowling is the sport it is. Absolute genious decisions.

The biggest insult of the tournament was the lack of thanks given to the various association members who helped organise the tournament. Given that we weren’t welcome in the centre and were forced against our wishes to conduct and organise the event I feel that this could have been done better. Personally I would like to thank Barry and Kerry for all the hard work they did. Considering they weren’t even bowling and have copped untold and unwarranted abuse from various people, I feel it is indeed a great effort.

Furthermore I would like to thank Errol and Donna for their efforts in helping in the lead up to the tournament and throughout the tournament. Without the sort of effort put in over the years by people such as these it is hard to imagine the tournament being as popular and successful as it has been.

Scott

I can not believe that people of your ages are acting like this. I feel that you should all step back and have a good look at yourselves. I mean seriously, the amount of crap that I have heard is quite pathetic. Anyone in there right minds would think that you guys are fighting about presidentual rights for a country. How 'bout reflecting on the good things. Good on you Brisbane girls and Sunshine boys for winning. But hey, who could forget Gold Coast's efforts too.
PS Gismo, don't know you, but I don't think you know your lane conditions. The whole thing about needing to crank the ball,umm NO. All I can really suggest is try adjusting and don't forget your 3,6,9 rule that we all learnt back when we were 9 years old. :wink:

What I still don't understand is how come the bar ran out of grog 20 minutes after we got there?
I thought that sort of thing only happened in Adelaide.

Legs: If you ever bothered to learn how to read you would of noticed I said "A change to learning how to crank the ball severely would probably be the only way to have a great shot. It was a definite disappointment considering the condition put down for the New Years Open was suited to all types of bowlers not just the crankers."

I believe that is obviously saying that the conditions put down suited the crankers whereas the condition laid down at the New Year Open held at the same centre was fair to all types of bowlers.

I hope you can understand that.

Andrew:: As for the bar, well all I can say is that we were not happy at all with what happened at the dinner dance. I'm quite certain that we would not recommend anyone using them.

Scott

Gismo. I think you need to settle down a bit. Lets look at this situation properly.This tournament I feel was run quite well. I personally don't need you insulting my intellegence. I think for one you need practise on all conditions. Centers are bound to change conditions otherwise you will get the same Tom, Dick And Gismo going to the same center all the time. To me it shows that you aren't really someonewho has tried to put himself out there, you know like representing your state, where you do hit hard conditions and you do have to adapt. That's bowling for ya>

Well Leg if you have represented the state then we would never know. How about putting your name to your comments.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom