• Columbia 300

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Hammer

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Other...

Votes: 32 29.9%

• Total voters
Geggy said:
I've just bought a couple of Visionary balls through Max at Bowling Balls Australia, The Frankie May Griffon & Violet Gargoyle.

I'm still coming to grips with the aggressive drive of the "Frankie", need a bit more oil.. (Even sanded to 1200 with a mirror polish), But the "Violet" is a little ripper! A smooth arc to the pocket on the medium - light oil condition & one of the most pin shattering hits that I've seen.

I've had them for only a week but can see some big numbers on the horizon.

Greg Kelly

are they expensive balls?

jase_mate said:
are they expensive balls?

I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the price. The Gargoyle range are Visionary's "Mid Range" balls ie well under $300.00. Give Max a call or send him a PM for accurate pricing. Great value for money !!

GK

Just got a Storm Ragin Banshee, Ive only had it for a about a month and I love it its very controlable, grate back end reaction and hits hard its the best ball Ive ever owned (conciddering my last two balls were the AMF Power Up Impact and Reactor). Ive also got a Hammer Razor Blade on order. So at the moment I would have to say Storm and Hammer

i use ebonite gear, but havent realy used much else so cant realy say what i prefer to use. but ebonite hasent done me wrong yet

Me i prefer Storm all the way they work the best for me and i ont hink i will change really i only got to balls that arent storm and they dont work to well but still use them but storm is sooo much better.

Believe in Storm
:D

I would say Ebonite i like there gear thanks to brando for selling to me thanks and i would say storm and hammer and right there aswell.. so my vote goes to Ebonite.
Chris..

Ebonite Bowl To Win

I would have to say it depends your style and your wallet... I promote Storm and Rotogrip, i believe they are heading in the right direction, but with such a huge range out there these days, any manufacturer will have something in their range to suit your style...

Cheers
Peter Biggs
The 11th Frame

Biggens said:
I would have to say it depends your style and your wallet... I promote Storm and Rotogrip, i believe they are heading in the right direction, but with such a huge range out there these days, any manufacturer will have something in their range to suit your style...
Cheers
Peter Biggs
The 11th Frame

yeh good call ...it does depend on your wallet as well!!! lol

Ok, time to post...
Research and development for Bowling in general: No-one matches Brunswick, its all they are about, their bowling balls are crap, but their machines, lanes, people and staffers are all unmatched. They also have the :cool: COOLEST:cool: piece of equipment around called the THROW-BOT. Awesome machine that can simulate ANY delivery. Great for product testing!!!

Marketting: Storm is unmatched in this department, they release new balls every week (just about) and always thoroughly promote each new ball as the MUST HAVE BALL. Its probably why their bowling balls only last a month each. Known as 'the bowlers company' their balls are fantastic for the first 20 or so games, but after that tend to lose far more of their original reaction than any other company I have ever bowled with!!!

Heavy oil balls: Columbia/Track/AMF300 covers are, and have always been the best on the market. These guys are the only ones that are willing to release truly untested coverstocks, and get slammed when 1 or 2 balls die within the first 3or so months. Maybe they should make for storm, it would be a coverstock improvement for durability. The Epoxy ball IS an extremely exciting release for bowlers world-wide, with a brand new curing process, and revolutionary coverstock material being utilised. Once the kinks are worked out, this coverstock will take over.

Plastic balls: Brunswick has the edge with the VIS-A-Ball range. These balls are a great concept for bowling worldwide, as the novelty is popular with many, however I am personally a great fan of the
EVERCLEAR balls. Lanehawk clear balls take the cake!!! personal favourite being the GAMBLER.

Best complete line up: Without a doubt: Visionary HANDS DOWN.
There is no overlap in any of their line up, they have clear cut types of bowling balls...

Entry level- Gargoyles; the (arguably) best entry level balls on the market. With Durable coverstocks, and 4 options (slate, green, voilet, granite) they have the line up to cover all conditions for every bowler.

Higher performance- Gryphons and Centaurs; these balls are the bees knees when it comes to covering lane conditions with the higher average bowler in mind. Not only is this line up versatile, but the roll and power these balls generate are second to none. The Frankie May and the new AMB Centaur solid use a brand new (and extremely versatile) coverstock known as react-a-tack, which reads lanes in transition like no other. The G3 and the AMB Bronze pearl are the skid snap balls of the line up for the bowlers that like a pincrushing bang on the backend.
The AMB balls also utilises a great idea of an Anti-MassBias property, which allows the reaction of aysymetric balls, with the driller able to make extremely fine tuned reactions without even letting the drill bit hit the core. This allows the ball's core to maintain the original properties that it was designed for.

MY favourite all up: Would have to be Visionary atm. A company that only releases balls when there is improvement to be made, with durable coverstocks and a great price, these balls are very impressive....

THE END....

Mankind_280 said:
The brand that knocks the pins down...... Brunswick!!!
It doesnt matter what brand its all about matching up with the coverstock/drilling to the bowler/condition then its up to you (the bowler) to execute.

brunswick 4 me to

Back
Top Bottom