Update to Junior Competitors re Dreamworld Junior National Awards Dinner

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Individual pizzas in ham and pineapple meat lovers and margarita 

10th of April 2008

To: Junior National Presidents Shield Competitors

Re: Junior National Awards Dinner at Dreamworld

Over the last 10 days I have received direct feedback from two (2) families and one (1) junior National competitor querying the choice to hold the Junior National Awards Dinner at Dreamworld. While I have not viewed the Total Bowling correspondence on this issue I am aware that much discussion has taken place with many people expressing their views and questioning the decision to hold the dinner at Dreamworld.

While I question why some of the people who have felt the need to comment have done so, given that they are not involved in either the event or the dinner, I would like to personally thank the three families who took the time to email me with some constructive suggestions for improving the event and ensuring that it will be a night to remember for TBA Junior Bowlers.

In response to your feedback I would like to advise that we have made the following changes to the event:

• Later finishing time: The event will commence at 7pm and finish at 10:30pm, not 9:30 as previously advised.
  • Formal or Casual Wear: Please be advised that all participants can come in their after 5 wear if they choose. We have added an undercover dance area for those less interested in rides and more interested in dancing the night away. We have also selected rides which are both safe and appropriate for Junior competitors dressed in their finery, to enjoy.
  • Formal Goodbye to Competitors competing in their last Junior National Championships. We will be formally acknowledging competitors attending their last Junior Nationals via the traditional process.

I would also like to take this opportunity to clarify the following points

Drinks
With regard to the drinks available on the night, soft drinks and juice have been included in the cost of the ticket price and will be provided by Dreamworld Staff moving through our area, providing the above drinks on trays throughout the evening.

Responsible Serving of Alcohol
With regard to the service of alcohol, this is only available to adults over the age of 18 and is not included in the ticket price. Dreamworld are aware that this is a Junior Awards Dinner and as a major event provider are fully aware of their responsibility to comply with the responsible service of alcohol laws. 18 year old junior competitors wishing to consume alcohol during the evening would be well advised to bring their identification with them, in case there is a need to show proof of age.

Seating
Although parents are encouraged to let their hair down for the evening and enjoy all of the magic of Dreamworld after dark, those wishing to rest and mingle will have undercover seating available all evening within our designated area.

The Food
We have selected the following menu items which will be served from 7:30 to 9:30pm

• Individual pizzas including: Ham and Pineapple, Meat Lovers and Margarita.
  • Chicken satays with rice and fresh herb garnish served in noodle box.
  • Mini beef burgers with tomato pickle and salad served in a crusty roll.
  • Pasta Napoli - Pasta tossed through a tasty tomato and basil sauce.

A big Thank You to Dreamworld
We would like to say a big thank you to Dreamworld for their support of this event. They have significantly cut costs to be able to provide us with what I am sure will be a memorable evening for all those who attend.

One of the initial prompts for looking at alternate venues in and around Brisbane was the fact that we could not source a suitable venue, dinner and music for the ticket price of $50.00. Even with Dreamworld’s generous cost reduction, TBA is still subsidising each ticket to the cost of $8.00. With this in mind next year the price of the Junior National Awards Dinner will rise to $55.00 per ticket.

On behalf of the TBA Board, I would like to officially welcome Presidents Shield Competitors to the event, and wish each of you a very successful competition. We look forward to celebrating our Junior Bowlers achievements at the 2008 Junior National Awards Dinner at Dreamworld.

Sincerely

Gillian Thompson-Rogers
CEO
Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited

I hope the lack of replies here is because most people associated are at nationals.

For the 1000 people who complained in the other forum. Only 3 people cotacted Gillian, and look what happened... Maybe a wake up call there.

Lastly, To Gillain. you may never read this. But you have shown in this simple gesture that your here for us, the bowlers. An excellent move that I hope is remembered and reeated down the track.

Later Da Cowman!

Its good to here that with all the guys and girls ageing out this year, we will still be remembered!!! So lets all dress up and try and go out with a bang!!!

Back
Top Bottom