Alcohol at the Jr National Awards Dinner

They had the shield dinner in my last year of nationals in 1998 at seaworld - we still went in formal dresses nothing was ruined by the rides, it was still as good as any other dinner dance i had been to for shield they still hand music and a make shift dance floor its not like u lost out on anything plus if you got bored of dancing u had the rides to keep you entertained!!!!

and as for the alcohol im pretty sure that it has been available at every single shield dinner for the last 20 years obviously to those over 18, its just like eating dinner at any location what u wont take ur children there because they have alcohol available to drink???

The alcohol issue is separate to the non information re event and expectations. Personally I think it would be a better image for junior sport to have no alcohol served, supporting current thinking regards - youth and binge drinking, drink driving etc.

But that is not what venues, wanting to make $ out of alcohol service, desire. It is something an organisation has to be firm on. And if you can't enjoy yourself without a drink or need to have one, then there are many support groups available to you.

I get very dissappointed when spectators are drinking alcohol while watching the juniors bowl during Nats also. No drugs in sport, no smoking during competition, should be alcohol free zones for junior events as well (take it outside down the road and into the club or pub)

Leanne

Hey Jess..
I will still be wearing heels i can't walk in:p

i shall join you and also attempt to walk in my heels!!!
i vote someone takes a boom box and we dance to that!! the venue isn't gonna change so lets make it the best we can i had my little *****ing as most people have but its not gonna do anything so yeah..boombox people!!! with the nutbush and macarina!!!!!

I would like TBA to personnaly come on here and reply to all these messages and to apologise for stuffing up all the Juniors Dinner/Dance evening that they were looking forward to at the end of the President Shield. Also $50 for this, what a waste of money. TBA certainly know how to stuff up a good event, also is TBA going to give us a refund for the outfits that have already been purchased because of their lack of communications in letting the Teams know earlier where this event would be held. Who knows next year it might be a sausage sizzle outside the bowls the way TBA are trying to run this show.

Ok we have all had our say, now lets see if anyone from TBA is going to respond or are they just going to sweep this under the carpet.
:mad:

If the issue really does concern everyone, why don't the teams organise their own dinner venue, and completely ignore the original location organised by the TBA? Simply refuse the venue and forfeit the original deposit?

Just head down to either Kellie’s or Chowny’s places…I am sure they both could put on a party…;)

For those of you who don’t like travel…Kellie lives just across the road from Dream World…

i dont get what u are all talking about its simple if u wana go-go and if u dont just dont eazy sitting hear typeing about it is gona do nothing.... talk to some one who will do some thing about it me i dont realy cair but just im bored so im typen =p XD

i didnt think it was tba that organises the dinner dance, i thought it was the state of which president shield is being held that organises it???

boom box it is!!

or kellies ;p either way im happy =)

The most amazing and disappointing thing about this situation is that with over 70 replies and close to 4,000 views, there hasn't been one answer on here by anyone from the TBA. Simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

I might not be the most popular poster on Totalbowling.com and my views are often far from mainstream, but I do care and I will listen to the bowlers before making changes on how our sport is run. So please support me in my campaign for a place on the TBA board.

One Day till Nationals, 3 days since the post was started yet still no reply...what are we doing leaving Australia's Bowling community in the hands of TBA for?

Cant we see the bowlers and parents want to have a night to remember and spoil themselves, its also a night to make friendships that last a life time, and TBA are seen to want to take this away from us.

I might not be the most popular poster on Totalbowling.com and my views are often far from mainstream, but I do care and I will listen to the bowlers before making changes on how our sport is run. So please support me in my campaign for a place on the TBA board.

I didn’t see you pop into meet and greet the bowlers, kiss the grandmothers or the new born babies, at either the Vic 150 or the Australian Open…If you are going for a position on the TBA board and want the support of the bowlers, then there is more to it than just posting on this site and others regarding TBA’s mistakes…

You had 4 Days to choose from over Easter, to put your case forward to over 140 tournament bowlers, but you were nowhere to be found… You want changes made, well don’t think by sitting on the Board and posting dribble on here or any other website, makes you better than them…

Wayne Chester
Candidate for TBA Chairperson
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The most amazing and disappointing thing about this situation is that with over 70 replies and close to 4,000 views, there hasn't been one answer on here by anyone from the TBA. Simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Sorry Wayne, but I don't see any where in the 70+ posts that you have bought this to the attention of the TBA Board with nil response. Secondly I do not believe that it is the TBA Boards responsabilty to search all bowling web sites on the off chance that there is a topic they may be expected to respond too.

I do understand that it is a concern that alcohol is being served at a "Junior" event. I was at the Nationals in Hobart 1990 and we had alcohol at that presentation and as other people have said this year is no different to previous years.
So if not already, may you should WRITE to the TBA about you concerns and, if and when you do or don't get a response from the TBA then bar them for poor decision that they have made.
Eric R

wayne, dont just sit back and wait for them to come to you. YOU are the candidate for chairperson, so why dont you do what you are saying you do... represent the bowlers and go to the TBA yourself and tell them what we are all saying and how we feel. theres no use sitting back at our computers posting here saying 'oh why arent the TBA looking here and responding after 3 days' well if you want action dont sit here and wait for them, grab ya arguement and go see em yourself.

The post was about the Junior Presentation Dinner.
The organiser of the event is AMF Mt Gravatt according to the tender process, Dreamworld is part of the Macquarie Group.
The CEO confirms the choice of venue, that would have been Alex Popov.
The Junior Nationals start tomorrow and we all look forward to a great tournament.

The TBA has posted on this site from time to time but should not enter into open discussion with personal opinion, that is for meetings where the whole board can make decisions.

I would like the TBA to post more information on this site, such as the reasons for cancelling the Womens World. When the general bowling population saw the costings and the process the discussion fazed out.

There is not enough information sharing throughout the whole sport.

Leanne.

Most teams get told not to consume any alcohol at the dinner dance otherwise there maybe a consequence to deal i know the Victorian team does, even if your at the age where you can purchase alcohol

Most teams get told not to consume any alcohol at the dinner dance otherwise there maybe a consequence to deal i know the Victorian team does, even if your at the age where you can purchase alcohol

yeah the southern team gets told not to consume any alcohol either no matter what your age.

Back
Top Bottom