Alcohol at the Jr National Awards Dinner

Sorry Wayne, but I don't see any where in the 70+ posts that you have bought this to the attention of the TBA Board with nil response. Secondly I do not believe that it is the TBA Boards responsabilty to search all bowling web sites on the off chance that there is a topic they may be expected to respond too.
I do understand that it is a concern that alcohol is being served at a "Junior" event. I was at the Nationals in Hobart 1990 and we had alcohol at that presentation and as other people have said this year is no different to previous years.
So if not already, may you should WRITE to the TBA about you concerns and, if and when you do or don't get a response from the TBA then bar them for poor decision that they have made.
Eric R

I have been contacted by the TBA chairman John Coxon, regarding this situation. I won't divulge exactly what he said but let's just say it wasn't very encouraging.

As for your other comment.... IT IS the responsibility of the TBA board to keep their collective finger on the pulse of what's going on with our sport and its participants here in Australia. I know that Totalbowling is read by the chairperson of the TBA. It's just a disappointment that they don't consider us worthy of a printed response.

I might not be the most popular poster on Totalbowling.com and my views are often far from mainstream, but I do care and I will listen to the bowlers before making changes on how our sport is run. So please support me in my campaign for a place on the TBA board.

this isnt about wayne wanting something to do with tba...
its got something to do with us kids that want to remember this nite!

I beg to differ. If the first comment would have been a positive one the comments that followed wouldn't have been so negative. Its a case of wind them up and watch them go. Happens all the time. Its a pattern.
I would have regarded a private call as just that .... private. If it was meant to be public then it would have been made public. Discretion. Nothing to do with being an open book because I'm sure that the State Managers would have asked questions if they had them and had answers given and then advise the teams.
I have in the past attended many of the presentation nights and yes they were fantastic but it wouldn't have mattered where the players and supporters had gathered because they would have still enjoyed each others company and celebrated in a manner.
When the event is all over everyone will look back with fond memories so lets not be so negative and make a promise to bowl well and enjoy themselves.
Some people are all talk and no action so don't become wind up toys.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS!!!!

Doriana

I will listen to the bowlers before making changes on how our sport is run. So please support me in my campaign for a place on the TBA board.

i'm sorry if this sounds mean i don't mean it to, but, that post seems like you are using this issue as a way of getting people to like you (not saying people don't) all i'm trying to say is this isn't really the place to be saying please support me ect... you had a chance to go meet and greet people like someone else has already said you had your chance so don't use this as a way of getting people's attention please.
sorry if it sounded mean...

P.S. Jess:
i think your right we'd proably brake it 30minutes into the night lol...

Back
Top Bottom