Unusual shots II

Beanie

Hi All, and thanks for all your responses to my first thread. Some of those stories are really funny.

I had to laugh in particular at the story about the solid pocket hit that left a wobbly 3 pin! Why? I did that myself in practice a few weeks back. Thank god that I did that in practice, if it had been in a tournament then the ball return would not have survived!!!

I also leave solid 8 pins from high pocket hits every once in a blue moon, but instead of kicking the ball return I say to myself "At least it's not a 3 pin."

One question for everyone - has anyone slammed the pocket and left a headpin standing? That would really suck.

Beanie

Hey, I have never slammed the pocket, & left a head pin, but i have left a 4 - 9.

L8ER.
K~E~Z~Z~A.

No but ive seen a head pin come out of the gutter, skip across the lane and park it near the 6 pin spot. It's like it hit a bump in the deck and just stood right up :)

Weirdest leave:

Well i'll have to say I have only seen this left once, and it was unfortunately by me :p

A 2-3-4-6-7-10, yes somehow i managed to fit my ball through the 2-3 and left one of the best splits i've ever seen!

Weirdest pocket leave:

A solid 7-9 off flush pocket doesn't really sound that weird, but when your a right hander you don't expect it that often lol. I guess picking it up was some consolation :D

Peace.

The stangest leave I have seen in a long while occurred just a couple of weeks ago on the first day of Rachuig Trials at Norwood.
A right hander (wont mention his name, dont want to embarrass the guy), fairly big swing shot, ball coming back from out near the 5 board and just makes the pocket.
So picture this, light pocket hit, hard hooking right hander and leave the 6 - 8. Yes thats right the 6-8.
If I hadnt seen it myself, I wouldnt have believed it.
In fact, I saw it with my own 2 eyes and I still dont believe it.

Hey,
Today at NSW State, I was watchin the 9am squad. I left handed C grade bowler left somethin strange. 2-3-7. I was like "Eh?" it was weird as. This chick bowls like crap anyway, but this was something really weird.
And today...I left 6-7-9-10, in the 3pm squad...and spared it. Yeha. Just threw a white dot really hard at the 6 and 10...slid the 6, ball took out the 9-10. Strange... :shock:

Laterz
Jen

During Challenge Shield I left the 3-4-6-7-10 and spared it. But today, I was watching this kid bowl, and he bowled the ball so slowly he left 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10. I am dead serious. I just stared at it. LoL.

Laterz
Jen

Back
Top Bottom