Unusual shots

Beanie

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum, but as some of you will know I have been bowling for some time.

A couple of shots I have seen that I wanted to mention, and ask you all how they rate in your book of shame. They are as follows:

1) Leaving the 5-6, putting the spare shot in-between the pins and missing both pins?

2) Taking out the 7-10 with the 2nd ball of the frame, and still having 8 pins standing after the 2nd shot.

3) Taking out the back row off a full rack, leaving the 1-2-3-4-5-6.

I am not going to name names here, except to say that none of them were me.

One other thing I think deserves a mention is that I remember one time I spared the big 4 - in practice. I was only going for the 10 pin as it was practice. Did I get any luck in the league - no way. That night was not my night.

Beanie.

1) Leaving the 5-6, putting the spare shot in-between the pins and missing both pins?

Sure you weren't bowling in Devonport??? :lol:

Only place I have kept 2 shots on the lane and gone 2-..... took the 6-9 out of the rack, then threw the spare shot through the gap.

Unusual Results from Pocket Ball

Whilst new to the game (7 years) I had an interesting leave putting my Zone LE into the pocket (just a touch light) and leaving the 5-8-9. Certainly a pretty sight, but not a good result :eek:

Unusual Result from Pocket Ball

Further to my post above, that was at Canberra International bowl :?

androooo said:

Sure you weren't bowling in Devonport??? :lol:

Only place I have kept 2 shots on the lane and gone 2-..... took the 6-9 out of the rack, then threw the spare shot through the gap.

Mike Pope going between the 9-10 in Devonport once was a classic.
I left the 2-3-6-10 off a high there in the State Masters one year.
I even put a Magnum 10 between the 3-10 baby split in Shield Roll-offs about 10 years ago, even remember leaving the Greek Church with the 3-pin (Apartment Block) there and taking the 6-9 off the rack in that place :eek:
If a 70's stroker shot like mine can do it anyones can - GO DEVONPORT :x

Saw an unusual rack at Moonah the other night (No jokes about Kace thanks :eek: ) Graham Scobie gets an ELEVEN pin rack on Lane 22 with two 6-pins side by side - Still never struck...LOL

Possibly the most unusual thing i have left was the 4,7,9,6 from a pocket ball which should have been a strike.

Even more amazing, i spared it. I just went for the 4,7, knocked the 4 over which deflected off the 9 and got the 6 :)

However my best spare would have to be the 7,9. I bowled for a 3 pin and was unhappy with how i delivered it, but it managed to just knick the 9 which fell over sideways, one bounce off the deck and hit the 7 which barely fell over. :)

Jayson Griggs bowling on the cornflakes here last night - first ball goes in the moat, spare attempt, the ball takes off at the arrows and takes out the 7-pin which in turn kicks up and knocks the 9-pin forward into 3.
Taking out the 3-7-9 off a full rack For a -3 :shock:

did u mention i was bowling two handed lol with my intensity for fun, damn i am good lol only i could do something as stoopid as that!

Jace, wot are u doin??? Ok the worst i have left is the 1-7-10. Is that called a PYRAMID or something?? And it was with a 6 pound ball!!

HEHEHEHE

Oh and wot about toni woodcock's 4-5-7-10!! cant forget that

HEHEHEHE
Later

ok a good split my team mate left last week was the 2-4-5-10 off a tad light pocket. and a while ago in singles i put my plastic skull ball between the 3-10. i was rather impressed.

Ok i got a good one. Its not really a leave, its more a case of a fluke shot. Last year at Cannington Cup, Michael Cox, who was in the shield team last year, and has since quit bowling, spared a 5 pin... Now here is the case of the fluke, the pin had gone into the pit, and MAGICALLY flipped outta the pit and stood, yes, stood upright back on the deck... that is unbelieveable!!! But we thought it was funny.

oh this cannington cup is a junior teams tourney, not the upcoming singles tourney, hoping to be in the SUPER SIX next year.

last year i left the 2-4-6-7-10 and only took out the 4 pin... just remembered that and thought i'd mention it heheheehe :twisted: :p :twisted:

One of the bowlers in league this week (would you believe I can't even remember if it was Thursday or Friday night) hit outside the pocket and the pins did the old domino effect.. once they had stopped falling all he had left were the 2 and 3 pins.. I have never seen that before!! The five pin wobbled, fell forward between the 2 and 3 and took out the head pin.. too funny...

I once put down a ball that made the 4 pin rotate around and move to the 8 spot and stand!

just wish the machine hadnt picked it up hehehe

i just remembered this... at youth trials on saturday, during practice, at fairlanes, i was aiming for a 7 pin and just clipped the 4 pin at the same time to take out the 4-5-6-7-10 hehehehehe :p

At Junior nationals this year a left hander put in a solid pocket shot the 2 pin bonced up and stood back up in the seven pin postion ... funny as!

Back
Top Bottom