Unusual shots II

Beanie

Hi All, and thanks for all your responses to my first thread. Some of those stories are really funny.

I had to laugh in particular at the story about the solid pocket hit that left a wobbly 3 pin! Why? I did that myself in practice a few weeks back. Thank god that I did that in practice, if it had been in a tournament then the ball return would not have survived!!!

I also leave solid 8 pins from high pocket hits every once in a blue moon, but instead of kicking the ball return I say to myself "At least it's not a 3 pin."

One question for everyone - has anyone slammed the pocket and left a headpin standing? That would really suck.

Beanie

Australian Open 2004

Talk about making it hard for the Lefties.
While bowling during matchplay in the Australian Open, I threw a light splash shot (lane 12, I think) and left a 5-6 split, the 6 pin wobbled a bit, but the machine picked it up O.K.
However, when it set both pins down again, the 6 pin was spotted about 2" right of it's correct position.
I commented to my opponent as to this fact and said the ball would probably fit between them.
Attempting the spare with my plastic "Pin Buster", sure enough, the ball sailed happily through without touching either pin.
Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks to Cara's dominance the previous years, the shot on the Left was extremely tight, and every Lefty I spoke to commented that they thought that the power players on the right would dominate.
I don't mind bowling in tough conditions, as long as they are tough for the right as well as the left.
With the new oil and machines, the so called advantage, that Lefty's had is now no longer an issue.
In fact, the more bowlers who bowl on one particular side, be it left or right, helps with the carry down, to open up the shot.

Comments anyone? :idea:

One more thing, Congrats Brando
Could you contact me with your email address
Thanks Brien

I've seen some of the craziest shots and styles. There is a guy from Campbeltown who, when he bowls, cranks and throws the ball up into the air, and he also jumps across onto the other lane so if someone( left or right handed )was shootin' a 7 pin they would probably get hit. I wasn't there to see it, but there was a tourney down at Shoalhaven Lanes and i heard he jumped into someone. From the way he bowls it looks as if he could throw his back out. Oh, i forgot to mention, he's a lefty! Cya! :p :D

Rowan, it's possible to bowl good as a left, a right, or even 2 handed as we all know.

Sometimes the condition will favour a certain style or handedness but if its possible to get even one strike its possible to bowl well, and its always possible. It may make it alot harder for some if the lanes are FLOODED or bone dry, but theres always a way, just remember that next time your having a bit of trouble.

Giving up is not an option...ever!

micky_macca said:
.......but theres always a way, just remember that next time your having a bit of trouble.

Giving up is not an option...ever!

lol, go hard Macca, you're almost starting to sound like Cow ;) :) j/k.

Back
Top Bottom