Unusual shots

I think this is worthy of a mention. Today at the SQ Youth Team roll offs i had the funniest shot.....i threw a solid pocket shot and completely cleared the deck....the 7 pin hit the back wall, bounced back on the lane....and a couple of pins hit it and stood it back up solid back on the 7 pin spot .

If you ask me that's priceless :lol:

Obviously done by a 6lb ball bowled extremely slow - a very young social bowler last night knocked down the 2 pin and left the rest standing!

I remember reading about Steve Wimbridge sparing a 3-6-10 on one of the WA open TV matches once, the 6 pin bounced back out and stood up on the 5 pin spot, ouch!!

I walked into Moonah Bowl overnight to finish the cleaning up, looked down on Lane 1 and noticed the 1-2-3-7-10 :eek: :eek:

I don't even want to know how that was left :lol:

this doesnt rate that highly but i threw a loose shot that rode the gutter and cut back to take out only the 6 and 9 pins.

this doesnt rate that highly but i threw a loose shot that rode the gutter and cut back to take out only the 6 and 9 pins.

Ive done that coops... Ive also spared the 3-6-10 by chopping the 3 pin, the 3 pin came off the back and just pushed over the 6-10...

Later

A couple of days ago I spared the 2-8-10, by sliding the 2 pin onto the left kickback, back onto the 8 pin, then the 8 pin falling onto the 10 :roll:

Team mate, Wayne "Lefty" Glover on Lanes 1-2 on Thursday night, on a fairly sludgy condition, the lefthander came up high on the headpin for a 2-7-9 :shock: :D

I left a 1-2-4-5-10 in practice the other day, haven't left that since juniors :?

I have a new ultimate unusual unbelievable shot. Last monday i left a shot that not one of the 8 people on the lanes could believe.

I throw a hooking delivery that slides to the dry and then breaks hard for the pocket and i managed to leave the 4,7,3,9.

The thing i cant understand is how my ball which goes across the headpin could hit the 1 and 2, but miss the 4 and 3 pins.

Oh well...wonders will never cease hehehe

Last week in my tuesday league, someone threw a wide shot which took out the 3, 9, and 10 pins, but LEFT THE 6!!! :shock: :shock:

My jaw's still dropped :p

At work the other day i saw a little kid of about 2 roll the ball soooo slowly that when it hit the pins it knocked over only the headpin and then the ball fell away into the gutter! :eek:

After bowling a 242 game last night, i went on and opened the first 3 frames of the next game (it was too hot! the heaters were on...) so i started to muck around with a 6 pound ball

cranked it out deep and watched it run towards a brooklyn... it hit then left the whole back row ... i couldnt believe it
i left the 7-8-9-10

so i picked up my spare ball and threw it down the line... i was about 4 boards away from getting it dead center between the 8-9 to take out the 7-10... alas i put too much speeed on it and only took out the nine pin

i tried for the rest of the night to get a repeat of the back row so i could have another go at it (to my dissapointment it didnt happen)... ended up with the first game of 242 and the following 5 games under 130.. lol

ok ok, get this for amazing. I once saw a guy in my league spare the 1, 2, 10...ok, i know you are thinking yeah so what. I do, i have spared it many times, but this night i saw a guy get it by his ball deflecting from the right side of the one pin into the 10!

lucky it was a light ball me thinks *yoda giggle*

Back
Top Bottom