• Guys- Yes

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Everyone- Yes

Votes: 47 52.2%
  • Not at all

Votes: 24 26.7%

• Total voters

*'TOPHER*

Hey just wanted people views on this, been having a big debate with my mates about it lately.

Any comments from those with them would be good as well.
Cheers

Hmm on edit i shouldnt really call them "RINGS"

I told you once and I will tell you again, I think they are great. Not just coz I have one or anything but I just think they are. I dont care what anyone says about it either.
If you want it done, get it...nobody even has to know its there especially after the 2 week period you need for the swelling to go down because you can get a shorter bar which is less visible, so stress less about ur mates giving you a hard time about it.

I heard Girl's like them so keep it they will love you for it........................;)

Gary...................................................:cool:

It comes down to personal choice, as Jen said if you want it get it. If you decide you don't like it get rid of it!!!

I was in this situation b4 me getting mine ... & I haven't regreted it one bit! Personally, I think it's hot on guys ... looks - wise & 4 other reasons ... ;) As 4 girls ... if u have a one with a tacky ball on top .. then it looks tacky ... it would b 4 anything else ... the way u wear it can determine whether it looks good or not ...
Trust me, u won't regret getting one ... but just beware with the post - swelling ... I couldn't eat 4 a week ... it was soup galore ..! & ... try not 2 eat steak after u get it done ... bad career move on my behalf! :( G'Luck ... :cool:

i always wanted a tongue stud.. so i finally decided to get one, i love it
im always playing with it, people crack it at me.
i like it for me and i like it on others, no idea why.
none of that bright pink with green and yellow studs on top though
plain and boring silver is fine with me, thats all i have, i flirted with the coloured and the wonderfull, but good ole plain comes back everytime!

Mine is pierced and mine was a christmas present from my two sisters lissy and kelz and although i probably wouldnt get it done again if i had to (i dont handle pain too well), im quite proud of mine and before ya know it ya forget about it and dont realise its there...til ya bite it that is :rolleyes:

I had one, liked it while I had, but took it out. Have been flirting with the idea of getting it done again. It's a personal choice - like tattoos and should be your own decision.
But playing with them is a very bad look!

I think your biggest issue is which head you're going to stick it in..... Silly little Tasmanian :D

If you want to, do it. If you don't, don't!

Good Luck!

It is certainly your personal choice but be advised to please have DENTAL checkups. It can cause some havoc with the enamel on your teeth.
Don't believe me.... Check with your dentist.

boring. of course it causes problems with your teeth, its metal!!
there is always some sort of "beware" with any piercings...
your face will droop if they hit a nerve
you will lose all sense of taste if you damage the tongue

blah blah... if they're professional, they'll do it right

FoXy_RoXy said:
I was in this situation b4 me getting mine ... & I haven't regreted it one bit! Personally, I think it's hot on guys ... looks - wise & 4 other reasons ... ;) As 4 girls ... if u have a one with a tacky ball on top .. then it looks tacky ... it would b 4 anything else ... the way u wear it can determine whether it looks good or not ...
Trust me, u won't regret getting one ... but just beware with the post - swelling ... I couldn't eat 4 a week ... it was soup galore ..! & ... try not 2 eat steak after u get it done ... bad career move on my behalf! :( G'Luck ... :cool:

well i have mine done its been 7wks and its awsome...
love it.. watching the needle come over my nose was the best part i saw the tip and next thing i knew it was done :D getting a vibrating ring imported from us :d should be good
but as evey 1 has said it comes down to personal choice..
its the only 1 i can have with my job so i love it all the more...
the swelling on mine was gone with in 3days.. was eating normally after that and i have to agree you forget its there until u bite it..

I don't like em, then again I can't see the sense in sticking any piece of steel thru any part of the body...............

Using the power to weight ratio, the tongue is the most powerfull or strongest muscle in the entire body!

From a dental point of view, tongue rings are one of the WORST things you can do! The jaw muscles can generate hude amounts of biting pressure so you can imagine the outcome when a tongue ring gets in the way. I've seen all kinds of cracked/split teeth...not a pretty sight.

If you must wear one, choose a plastic ring......it will do less damage.

Dinesh

Dishman,
Thank you for confirming my reply...

I've seen it all over the years as well...We may be professional but still things can go wrong...

Please think twice before getting a Tongue Ring..

I think it is a personal choice and I personally wouldn't get one.

The only thing I can't stand is when people play with them and poke them out of their mouths etc. It looks disgusting......

Jane.

Back
Top Bottom