New Forum FAQ or How To Questions? Ask them here ..

Graham

Staff member
If anyone has any problems with the new forum, or you want to know how to do something or if we can change something, please post them in this thread.

I will edit this topic and add new topics as we go and include them. I will eventually edit the FAQ with all these updates.

-----------------------------------------------
How To Do Smilies (Enhanced Posting Options)

In order to see Smilies when posting, you need the enhanced toolbar. All users will have this by default, however if it changes - go into User CP -> Edit Options.
Change the Message Editor Interface in Miscellaneous Options (at the bottom of the page) to Standard Editor.
I have two logins and want to combine them

If you have two logins and wish to combine them, please let me know via email and we can now combine your old login and new logins. Just let me know both usernames, and the one that you wish to continue using and once done your username will be updated with the total number of posts from both accounts. The old username will be deleted using this process.
I can't edit my post anymore - why not ?

The new forum allows us to place time limits on editing posts. You can edit the title of your topic within 5 minutes of first posting. And you may edit your post for up to 30 minutes after you submit it. After that - the post will stay as is, so please be careful about what you say or do.

Hi Graham

I notice that my "winks" ;) "lols" :lol: etc no longer appear as they did in my original posts. Others appear to be having the same problem. Do you have an answer?

Thanks

Reg

Feral said:
Hi Graham

I notice that my "winks" ;) "lols" :lol: etc no longer appear as they did in my original posts. Others appear to be having the same problem. Do you have an answer?

Thanks

Reg

Not sure - have you got an example ?

There is a limit on the number of smilies in posts now (it's set to 4)

One of your old posts here seems to be ok for me - is it showing them for you ? If not i'll look into it.

How about a "view posts since last visit" link? I enjoyed this feature before the change. Made it easier to navigate.

Gazaroticus Thunderstalks said:
How about a "view posts since last visit" link? I enjoyed this feature before the change. Made it easier to navigate.

Underneath the banner, there is a Navigation Bar. Between Calendar and Search is a button called "New Posts"

do you still have the bowling vids to watch on the site.

Dark Assailant said:
do you still have the bowling vids to watch on the site.

The bowling videos will be in the Archive. That part of the site is still being worked on. We will make an announcement when it is done.

any chance of a previous/next thread at the top of the page?
doesn't worry me too much if there ain't.

why do i get too many images message, ie smile's i then have to delete some so my post can go ahead :confused:

Gary................. ( ie my last post... )

Back
Top Bottom