How to clean bowling shoe soles?

AH1992

...xD...
Hi, i own a set of dexter sst 7 bowling shoes with the little bag of interchangeable soles that come with them when you buy them, but recently i've been noticing that the soles have been getting really really dirty lately and its come to the point where i just can't stand looking at the underside of my left bowling shoe anymore.
I've heard that washing them in warm soapy water cleans them, however it can apparantly wreck the soft velcro on the underside of the sole and i'm really not sure about trying this method of cleaning as i don't want any of my soles completely unuseable.
So i was wondering, does anyone have any ways/methods of cleaning these soles without wrecking them?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. :)

If you wet your shoes at all you will need to smooth the fibres down again to slide before you bowl..........cleaned mine 2 weeks ago with warm soapy sponge and they were fine, but I just slid a little less than usual until I smoothed them down again.

I have the same shoes, I brush the left sole with a wire brush before bowling. The type of brush is the one you would use for suede/buckskin shoes

thanks everyone for all the help, recently i took to the soles with adrians method and it worked great, however it didnt take off the big lumps of whatever it was stuck to the bottom of the soles. So out came the razor blade and that took the whatever it was off. :)

Back
Top Bottom