Editing Posts

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Ok what a HEADACHE you people are trying to cause here.

Let me give you a little insight to what i believe is acceptable behavior by a moderator and what isn't.

I have had a few people tell me that they believe that moderators shouldn't be able to edit posts; well here is what my moderators have been told.

1. DO NOT under any circumstances CHANGE the wording of a post AT ALL.
2. If they feel that profanities or foul language has been used in a post then REMOVE THEM. (The foul language only)
3. If the WHOLE post has had nothing to do with the topic at all then REMOVE it completely.
4. If slanderous comments have been used to insult people in any way shape or form then REMOVE IT.
5. If it's just one paragraph/line in a post that is against any of these rules then, REMOVE THAT LINE or PARAGRAPH and leave the rest of the post alone so long as its about the topic.

Now i am not sure what drugs some of you people are on of late but let me tell you, that not all moderators, nor myself for that matter run this site or are at your bec and call FULL time. We believe that you as normal human beings and adults should be able to leave the school kid attitudes and antics for the school yard. We as moderators don’t have the time to read every post, and not all of us live for the need to either.

If people have a problem with this it’s usually the ones who want to stir it up and cause trouble. It's funny how many times i here that the site is a little QUIET of late something needs to stir it up. It's amazing when there is conflict on this site how the numbers get boosted. What is it about bowlers that they enjoy reading about conflict so much?

Hope this all helps a little.

Tonx’s language was unacceptable and yes has been spoken to regarding it. Tonx understands the postion he holds and has realised he breached his rights he holds.

I provide this site FREE for all to use and I think its about time we all try and use the site for what it was originally designed for. If there are people out there who want to keep the tough guy attitudes through a computer screen then hire a RING and sort it out in that. If people keep following people around this site and continuously cause trouble than you will be BANNED and yes FOR GOOD.

Oh by the way, these are the same rules that have always been in place it just seems of late that you guys want to try and push it a little further. Don't make me make major changes to the site to overcome this.

Well, the problem that you have as I see it Jase is that, as far as I know, this is the only medium in Australia where bowlers from all around Australia can discuss or argue anything to do with bowling. Of course things are going to get heated sometimes, tenpin has always been a fickle industry with some egos the size Mt. Everest passing through over the years. Personally there is nothing that particularly offends me in any of the recent posts but I guess some of the language used or personal attacks could do so, especially if you are on the receiving end. As long as no-one disparages anyone else on the site, or swear like a trooper it should be ok.

Discussions will ALWAYS turn to arguments here when so many people of diverse opinions are posting, I dont think it can be stopped, as long as no-one insults another. People are passionate about their beliefs and opinions, especially in this industry and some are more outspoken than others. But i dont think its "call the nuns in" time yet.

What's wrong with friendy **** stiring as long as you don't cross the line:confused:

Gary......................................................:cool:

Jase
I ve had this converstaion with graham and i spose its time to have it with you. The reason you have problems on an open forum is because people are able to post with a deal of anninimaty. (did i spell the right). Nobody slagging people off will sign there name to it. Solution. Make everybody accountable for what they write. If they dont sign there name to a post delete it "no exceptions". Im sure you will solve the problem immediatly. Problem is there is nobody would post.

"Just my 2 bobs worth"
Philby
aka Phillip Allen

This problem would be reduced if it were compulsory for people to have their real name included as part of their profile.
A lot of people have already done this but making it compulsory would elimate all of the keyboard heroes who currently stir things up safe in the knowledge that most people will have no idea who they are.
If people have the nerve to attack and criticise other users of this site then they should be made accountable for their comments.
Jase and the moderators do a fantastic job of keeping this site free of offensive posts but every now and then things are bound to slip through the cracks.
This will always be a problem but eliminating the annonimity (and yes thats the correct spelling :) ) would in my opinion largely eliminate the problem.

Another two cents for this topic.
Brendan Hanton

If only Jase could devise a system for catching all of these two cent coins that are falling all over the place. He'd be a very rich man very quickly. :lol:

Or Maybe its not the right spelling.

So much for the spell checker in Microsoft Word. :lol:
Brendan

The thing to remember about all compliments and critizim ...................unless their coming from someone you respect, they mean absolutely nothing at all!!

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968 )

Back
Top Bottom