The Wrestling Thread

With Wrestlemania only a week away, which match should get the Main Event. In my opinion Shawn and Taker should go last. Biggest match on the card, so much more than titles on the line and I wouldn't run the risk of putting any match on after it. We don't want the same thing to happen as last year when every match after Shawn/Taker was really flat and a letdown compared to a classic.

In addition to the main spot, what do you think? The Streak or The Career?

I don't think there has been a Wrestlemania where the last match hasn't been a title match... has there??

I have the wm25 dvd set, and after taker/michaels i normally turn it off. But if its not them I think it will be cena/batista.

I don't think there has been a Wrestlemania where the last match hasn't been a title match... has there??

There's only been 2.

Wrestlemania 8 Main Event was Hogan vs Sid and Wrestlemania 11 was Bam Bam vs LT.

Wrestlemania 1 main event wasn't for the title, It was a tag match that included the WWF Champion Hogan.

Updated Wrestlemania 26 Card

WWE Championship
Batista (c) vs John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship
Chris Jericho (c) vs Edge

Streak vs Career
No Disqualifications, No Count Outs
The Undertaker vs Shawn Micheals

No Holds Barred
Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs Vince McMahon

If Rey Mysterio loses, he must join the Straight Edge Society
CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio

Triple H vs Sheamus

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Winner gets a World Title shot anytime in the next year
Christian vs Dolph Ziggler vs Kane vs Shelton Banjamin vs Jack Swagger vs MVP vs Matt Hardy vs Evan Bourne vs Drew McIntyre vs Kofi Kingston

WWE Unified Tag Team Championship
Big Show and The Miz (c) vs R-Truth and John Morrison

Triple Threat Match
Ted DiBiase vs Randy Orton vs Cody Rhodes

You mean they set it up so he won again?

If it was 18-0 where he actually had to win instead of it being given to him it might mean something.

From the reports I read, they both pulled out all the stops (Shawn moonsaulted Taker through the spanish announce table for instance). After the match Taker dropped character and said he respected Micheals. So it must have been one hell of a match.

From the reports I read, they both pulled out all the stops (Shawn moonsaulted Taker through the spanish announce table for instance). After the match Taker dropped character and said he respected Micheals. So it must have been one hell of a match.

Are you stupid enough to think this is not all staged for the audience? It is fake!!

How can they pull out all the stops when they know before the match what they are going to do and who is going to win?

GoTheCell. Your opinion is not needed, nor wanted in this thread. If you don't enjoy wrestling then go post elsewhere. There's no need for you to try and cause trouble. We know wrestling is pre-dertimined. It's entertainment. By pulling out all the stops means they went all out, pulled out some big moves to make sure they put on a good match for the crowd and fans.

Other than that, it I thought it was a good Wrestlemania. Here are the results:

WWE Unified Tag Team Championship
Big Show and The Miz def. R-Truth and John Morrison

Randy Orton def. Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes

Jack Swagger won the Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Triple H def. Sheamus

Rey Mysterio def. CM Punk

Bret "Hitman" Hart def. Vince McMahon

World Heavyweight Championship
Chris Jericho def. Edge

The Heel Divas def. The Babyface Divas (Horrible match)

WWE Championship
John Cena def. Batista

Streak vs Career
The Undertaker def. Shawn Micheals

Very emotional ending with HBK getting the big send off.

GoTheCell you should find something better to do with your time. Wrestling is entertainment, it's all about capturing peoples imagination.... like movies!!

I gotta say, I didn't think Taker v HBK could top last years great match, I don't think they did but they certainly did match it!! I thought it was great they saved this match till last, no other wrestlers in the world could have done what they did.... twice.

Hopefully shaun is back on raw to at least say a last few words. anyone think that he will be inducted into the hall of fame next year?

Here's hoping. But remember he has "quit/been fired/had a career ending injury" before. I don't think this is truely the end of HBK.

I'll take a stafb at The Rock will be Raw GM. He said in a radio interview he has retired from wrestling but he is working on a major project with Vince McMahon which will be beyond a re-occuring guest host role on Raw.

Back
Top Bottom