The Wrestling Thread

from what i heard from a wrestling site is that he is set to return to summerslam with something big planned the same with triple h but aparently shawn micheals is pretty much due to return but wanted some extra time off

but hopefully a HBK VS TAKER II

What did every think to WWE EXTREME RULES, and i dont want to ruin anything. and im sorry in advance. but triple h returns on raw this week. thats coming straight off wwe.com

.richard

cool triple h to come back hope so and that will be a good fued after wwe extreme rules i will post some results up on here for thos that missed out on it sorry for any inconvience it may cause

here are the results from WWE EXTREME RULES

Jeff Hardy def. Edge; CM Punk cashes in Money in the Bank to become new World Heavyweight Champion
Batista def. Randy Orton in Steel Cage Match (New WWE Champion)
Tommy Dreamer def. Christian & Jack Swagger in Triple Threat Hardcore Rules Match (New ECW Champion)
Chris Jericho def. Rey Mysterio in No Holds Barred Match (New Intercontinental Champion)
John Cena def. Big Show (Submission Match)
CM Punk def. Umaga (Samoan Strap Match)
Santina Marella def. Vickie Guerrero in Hog Pen Match (New Miss WrestleMania)
United States Champion Kofi Kingston wins Fatal Four Way Match

i must admit that the jeff hardy match was awsome and that the way it ended sucked cause he is now a former world heavyweight champion

What did every think to WWE EXTREME RULES, and i dont want to ruin anything. and im sorry in advance. but triple h returns on raw this week. thats coming straight off wwe.com

.richard

just been on wwe.com and looks like triple h will be returning tonight stay tuned and watch raw to see what happens

its a 3 hour raw today, and all championships (wwe, world heavyweight and ecw) will be contested.

edit: not sure if its this week or next week.

also rumor has it batista is out for 4 months.

This completely sucks...One of the best ever wrestling talents that ever lived! Another one taken from us too soon.

BREAKING NEWS: Japanese legend Misawa dead after in-ring accident
Saturday June 13, 2009 BY Phil Lowe
One of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time has died following a tragic in-ring accident during a Pro Wrestling NOAH show in Japan.

Mitsuharu Misawa, the founder of the Japanese promotion, died after an accident that came from a suplex during a show on Saturday.

Misawa was teaming with Go Shiozaki during the Hiroshima show, taking on Bison Smith and Akitoshi Saito for the GHC tag team championship.

According to reports in Japan, Misawa landed hard on his head after a belly-to-back suplex from Saito and lost consciousness.

A crowd of around 2,300 watched on as doctors and officials unsuccessfully attempted to revive him in the ring.

He was taken to a local hospital but never came back round and was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.

Misawa was a national wrestling champion during high school in Japan and enjoyed success in All Japan Pro Wrestling during the 1980s as the second Tiger Mask.

After unmasking, he went on to become the biggest star in Japan during the 1990s.

Following the death of AJPW owner Shohei “Giant” Baba in 1999, Misawa took over as company president but issues and arguments with owner Motoko Baba, the widow of Giant Baba, led to him quitting the company along with the vast majority of the All Japan roster.

Misawa went on to form Pro Wrestling NOAH, with the promotion staging some of the best shows this decade from a wrestling standpoint - not just in Japan but anywhere in the world.

Mitsuharu Misawa was aged 46.

This completely sucks...One of the best ever wrestling talents that ever lived! Another one taken from us too soon.

Yeah this is horrible news. Misawa is definately one of the greatest of all time. He will be truly missed. Awesome wrestler and a wrestler who will have my respect through eternity.

RIP Misawa

my belief is that if your a hardcore fan of wrestling not just wwe but wrestling in general you can't help feeling upset when great talent is no longer around i mean to this day people will always remember such things as this terrible shame

would be similar to how people feel about how OWEN HART'S ACCIDENT

Hart's death was from a safety fault in the harness that he was being lowered down in at Over The Edge 99. The fault should have been seen by the safety techs, in fact he shouldn't have even done the stunt in the first place. Misawa's was from a botched suplex. He and Saito were good friends outside the ring. Can't imagine what he'd be going through right now.

Didn't see much of Misawa's work except for the 2 matches over the ROH Glory By Honor 2007 weekend teaming with KENTA against Morishima and Marafuji, and then the next night with that epic against KENTA. Very sad that he's no longer with us.

Back
Top Bottom