The Wrestling Thread

Wrestleview.com said:
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE Hall of famer, Sherri Russell, known to wrestling fans as "Sensational Sherri", passed away this morning at her home. She was 49 years of age.

Police is said to be at her home with her husband. There are no details on the cause of death.

From all of us here at WrestleView.com we would like to send our prayers and condolences to Sherri's family and friends.

Thats such a shame. Sherri was one of the best managers amd female wrestler in the history of all wrestling!!

Bloody hell!!! I'm talking to people on the phone(i wont say who of course!!) who are convinced Vince is dead!!

Yeah man i saw that too.
I dont no do you believe it or is this just a stunt.
I must say this is very sad for the wwe if it is true.
Even though i didn`t really care to much for the guy it is a sad loss for wrestling its self.

Its a stunt. It was filmed a few days before Raw aired - and the explosion footage was spliced into the live stuff once on the air.
Its just a way to kill off the CHARACTER of Mr McMahon temporarily or permanently.
On a side note it pretty pathetic that someone like Sherri's death is only given a little spot on the bottom of wwe.com (maybe WWE is PO'ed she got involved with the "Robert Roode interviewing managers" storyline in TNA last year)
Now, as part of the story that is Vince's death. who do you think they'll have as the person that blew up the limo?
My pick is Hector Guerrero. Why you may ask? Two words: GOBBLEDY GOOKER!! Yes that legend in wrestlecrap history from Survivor Series 1990 (and the gimmick battle royal from WM17). Hector was the unfortunate person inside that outfit. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

2007 Supplemental Draft results
By Louie Dee
Written: June 17, 2007Six days after careers were shaken up on Raw, the 2007 Supplemental WWE Draft took place right here on WWE.com. Fifteen more Superstars and Divas found themselves with new homes following the Supplemental Draft, including the former WWE Tag Team Champions with the very first pick.

Here's how the winds of change blew during the Supplemental Draft:

Pick No. 1: Raw selects Paul London & Brian Kendrick

The first selection of the Supplemental Draft answered one of our fans’ (and Superstars’) biggest questions right off the bat. What if tag teams get separated? Luckily for London & Kendrick, they won’t have to worry about that.

Headed from SmackDown to Raw, London & Kendrick will bring their high-flying, risk-taking style to Monday nights. While they leave behind their quest for revenge on Deuce & Domino, the longest-reigning WWE Tag Team Champions in history will instantly become top contenders to the World Tag Team Championship held by Cade & Murdoch. With a slew of new challenges ahead in Raw’s tag team division (including The World’s Greatest Tag Team and The Highlanders and potentially The Hardys among others), London & Kendrick will need to be full speed ahead.

Pick No. 2: SmackDown selects Kenny Dykstra

As quickly as Raw gains an exciting tag team from SmackDown, Theodore Long’s brand strikes back by selecting one of Raw’s brightest young stars.

At only 21 years of age, Dykstra is already a former World Tag Team Champion, and has been quite impressive since branching out on his own months ago. While he has been teaming with Johnny Nitro in recent weeks, Dykstra heads to SmackDown solo, where he will look to make his mark just as quickly as he did on Raw.

Dykstra also becomes the fifth Superstar to switch from Monday to Friday nights, following the selections of The Great Khali, Chris Masters, Torrie Wilson and former rival Ric Flair.

Pick No. 3: ECW selects Viscera

The World’s Largest Love Machine is about to become the World’s Most Extreme Love Machine.

With its first pick in the Supplemental Draft, ECW picked up one of WWE’s biggest behemoths from the Raw brand in Viscera, who joins Chris Benoit and Boogeyman as the newest members of the ECW roster.

As Big Vis enters the Land of the Extreme, one has to wonder just who his first target will be. From ECW Originals like Tommy Dreamer to the New Breed and CM Punk to newly-drafted Chris Benoit and Boogeyman, there’s a lot waiting for Big Vis…but if past history is any indication, Extreme Expose might be the first ones in for a visit from the Love Machine. Perhaps a reunion with Kevin Thorn (who teamed with Big Vis at Saturday Night’s Main Event) might be in the works as well.

Pick No. 4: Raw selects Sandman

Exit Love Machine…enter Sandman.

Just minutes after ECW plucked Big Vis from Raw, ECW lost an Original to the flagship, as the Sandman has been selected by Raw.

The cane-swinging crowd favorite will now bring a touch of hardcore to the flagship, as he leaves behind fellow Original Tommy Dreamer for his first full-time trip outside the Land of the Extreme.

Will Sandman thrive in an environment outside of his comfortable extreme habitat? Will he perhaps share some Steve-weisers with Raw’s resident suds-swiller, Stone Cold? The answers will lie ahead as Sandman joins Bobby Lashley and the deranged Snitsky as the third man to move from ECW to Raw.

Pick No. 5: SmackDown selects Hardcore Holly

ECW may be the Land of the Extreme, but SmackDown is now the home of Hardcore.

With its second pick of the Supplemental Draft, SmackDown raids the ECW roster by selecting Hardcore Holly. Holly, who is currently out rehabbing after elbow surgery, will soon be returning to the brand where he made his home for four years prior to his ECW stint.

Upon his return, the tough-as-nails veteran will instantly become a top contender to both the United States and World Heavyweight Championships, and he may still even have a few bones left to pick from his previous time on SmackDown.

Pick No. 6: ECW selects The Miz

Just as quickly as SmackDown plundered an ECW talent, the Land of Extreme strikes back. And ECW is about to get a Reality Check, because The Miz is coming to Tuesday nights.

The third man plucked by ECW from the SmackDown roster, Mike Mizanin will be bringing his reality (and all his Miz-fits) to the Land of the Extreme. With the ECW World Title currently vacant thanks to Bobby Lashley’s departure, the former Real World star would love nothing more than to add a golden accessory to his already well-coordinated outfit. HOO-RAH!

Pick No. 7: Raw selects Daivari

Raw once again raids the SmackDown roster with its third Supplemental selection, taking Daivari.

With the selection, Daivari returns to Raw, where he debuted in 2005. While he leaves behind his quest for Cruiserweight gold, the Detroit native will almost certainly have Santino Marella and John Cena in his sights; Daivari and Cena are no strangers, as many of our fans will remember his rivalry with The Champ late in 2005.

Daivari also joins former SmackDown colleagues King Booker, Queen Sharmell, Mr. Kennedy and London & Kendrick on the Raw roster.

Pick No. 8: SmackDown selects The Major Brothers

Somewhere, Matt Striker is smiling, as with their latest pick in the Supplemental Draft, SmackDown has selected ECW newcomers Brett & Brian Major.

It was the lifelong dream of The Major Brothers to one day compete in ECW; now that they have achieved that dream, their selection in the Supplemental Draft will now give them the chance to test the waters on SmackDown.

The arrival of the WWE newcomers to Friday nights will help fill the void left by the departure of London & Kendrick to Raw earlier in the Supplemental Draft, giving WWE Tag Team Champions Deuce & Domino a new challenge to contend with.

Pick No. 9: Raw selects William Regal

Raw’s Draft started royal, and now it’s even more Regal.

With its fourth pick in the Supplemental Draft, Raw has plundered William Regal from SmackDown, its third choice from SmackDown in four Supplemental Picks.

Regal was traded to SmackDown in a blockbuster 11 person deal after the 2005 Draft Lottery, and now finds himself headed back to the flagship thanks to the Supplemental Draft.

The British Superstar has found success on Raw in the past, winning both the World Tag Team and Intercontinental Championships during his previous stint on the brand. And while he leaves behind fellow Brit and tag team partner Dave Taylor, he does have associates on Raw; it wasn’t long ago that Regal was a member of King Booker’s Court, and with both men now together in a new kingdom, their alliance may be revisited.

Pick No. 10: SmackDown selects Victoria

Victoria still “ain’t the lady to mess with,” and she will soon find out that Friday night is alright for fightin’.

With its fourth choice in the Supplemental Draft, SmackDown immediately struck Raw back by selecting former Women’s Champion Victoria. The veteran Diva’s blend of beauty, brains, toughness and attitude is coming to Friday nights, giving her a whole new crop of Divas to torment.

Pick No. 11: Raw selects Jillian Hall

For Raw, it’s a game of “lose a Diva, gain a Diva.”

With its fifth and final pick in the Supplemental Draft, Raw once again dipped into the SmackDown roster, this time selecting Jillian Hall and her aspiring singing career to come to the flagship.

Raw gains another beautiful Diva, and her addition helps offset the loss of Torrie Wilson on Monday and Victoria just one selection earlier. It also gives Jillian a chance to go after the Women’s Championship more vociferously. However, it also means a whole new selection of our fans will get to “experience” Jillian’s vocal talents for themselves.

Who’s the winner in that deal? Our SmackDown fans surely have an opinion, and our Raw fans soon will too.

Pick No. 12: SmackDown selects Eugene

Selection No. 12 was SmackDown’s final pick in the Supplemental Draft, and they sure made it special, bringing Eugene to Friday nights.

Just three picks after former mentor William Regal was drafted to Raw, Eugene’s chances of reuniting with his World Tag Team Championship partner were cut down thanks to his drafting to SmackDown. Will the former champion find himself a partner and go after Deuce & Domino’s WWE Tag Team Championship? Or will it be MVP and Edge who have to beware of the special Superstar?

Regardless of the answer for that question, our SmackDown fans are in for some entertainment.

Pick No. 13: ECW selects Johnny Nitro

With its final selection in the Supplemental Draft, ECW has truly gone Hollywood, and may need to change the brand’s program name to Tuesday Nitro.

As the final pick in the 2007 WWE Supplemental Draft, Johnny Nitro is headed to the Land of Extreme. The Hollywood A-lister, who is a former WWE Tag Team and Intercontinental Champion, joins reality TV star The Miz and Big Vis as the newest members of the ECW roster. And while recent tag team partner Kenny Dykstra was drafted to SmackDown earlier today, Nitro would love to make his mark in ECW by quickly claiming the vacant ECW World Title.

Nitro was the 26th and final Superstar to find a new home this week as he brought the 2007 WWE Supplemental Draft to a close. How will the Superstars selected today fare in their new environments? Tune into Raw Monday night at 9/8 CT on USA Network as the next phase in their careers begins

Credit: www.wwe.com

Very interesting to say the least :confused:

Oh joy. For the SD/ECW show we get the only person thats 99 cents short of a dollar, EUGENE!!

Victoria and Nitro are good additions. First Ariel is gone, and now Jillian - that blows.

London and Kendrick are a big loss - was so looking forward to seeing them come out.

Some bad calls in my opinion. The end is near for The Sandman and Daivari and possibly William Regal. Raw is the premier brand in wwe and these guys will never make it on Raw. Good move for Johnny Nitro, it's just a matter of time before he will get a shot at the ECW title, maybe a fued with Benoit. I think the wwe has missed a trick though, Undertaker should have been st to return to Raw and Smackdown needs DX (Triple H and HBK)

HHH and HBK have refused many times to go to SD. They both want to stay on Raw. Taker will go where he wants to go.

Regal should succeed on Raw as apparently he and HHH are pretty close and has said he wants another singles run on Raw. Sandman and Daivari are gonna be on Heat for life. Unless they plan on bringing back Mohammed Hussan which would be awesome. He was so entertaining to watch/hate :D

Sandman will be drafted in 6 months back to the indies or unemployment line

HHH will never go SD mainly because he is married to stephaine, so pretty much he has a say in the running of raw

The match of the year will happen this Sunday at Vengance for the ECW title. I, for one, can't wait :D :D :D

Just hope they get the time they deserve on the card but somehow due to having 9 matches in the night, I don't think they will. Hopefully it continues to the Bash!!

i agree luke. finally wwe has mad a bloody good match. punk and benoit coudl be one of the best fueds ever in wwe history in my opinion. benoit is always a favourite of mine because of the lck of crap with him. he just comes out and does his job and is bloody good at it. punk is much the same. like you said, hopefully they get the card time they deserve or continue the fued on for a good while

Couldn't have said it better Jase. And if WWE decide to turn one of these guys heel I really hope its Punk. As much as a heel Benoit would really refresh his character, Punk has the mic skills to make the evil character more believable - even if we only did get to see it for one week earlier this year.

Check out this ROH promo from Punk when he signs his WWE contract on the ROH Championship belt:
Part 1: [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=c0hXUkFA9lo"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
Part 2: [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=UbqIZNradzA"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

He is absolutely brilliant in this.

Benoit/Punk COULD be an awesome match. No matter how much time they get, it'll be a good match but give them 20-30 minutes, it could be great. Has the potential to make a great competetive rivalry.

Give Candice vs Melina 5 minutes or so (The less time the better).
Chavo vs Yang should be a fast paced spotfest that lasts less then 8 minutes.
Give Murdoch/Cade vs Hardys a good 15 minutes.
Duece/Domino against whoever they wrestle around 10 minutes.
Santino vs Umaga won't last too long I imagine.
MVP vs Flair should get around 10-15 minutes.
Punk vs Benoit as I said earlier 20-30 minutes. It is a World Title Match for god sake. They need to treat it so.
Edge vs Batista should go for about 20-30 minutes I'd say. Needs time.
WWE Title 5 -Way needs 30 minutes I think.

This card has so much potential and I really hope it lives up to the hype.

PS. CM Punk needs Miseria Cantare by AFI as his theme. It owned in ROH and would own in WWE. Would give him more of a big time feel.

While we're on the subject of Punk's greatness, here's a couple of my favourite Punk indy heel promos.

Punk vs Raven promo in England
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuP8tqxeslY"]YouTube - FWA: CM Punk vs Raven Promo[/ame]

Punk promo on Germany
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQnsmFLKSP8&mode=related&search="]YouTube - CM Punk promo on Germany[/ame]

Punk and his soldiers :D
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwncvn4bUIs&mode=related&search="]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

That's all I've got at the moment. I've got all his ROH Best of DVDs, a CM Punk/Samoa Joe shoot video and also his last ROH show which is very emotional.

CM Punk > The Rest!!!

The Punk/Foley encounter from Escape From New York in 2005 is one of the best I've seen in any fed. Its got to be seen to be believed. Can't find it on youtube tho :(

Hardys and The Redneck Wrecking Crew will come close to stealing the show like they did at Judgement Day.
Santino/Umaga - Santino to come out on top by some fluke. Appaerently the next feud is going to be him and Snitsky. Oh joy [end sarcasm]
That Fonzy Team has really grown on me. Probably be them vs the Major Brothers (who??). D+D to come out on top.
Batista will lose to Edge, again.
Cena to retain. Secretly hoping Orton comes out on top. He was on fire in every direction on this weeks Raw. The RKO on Lashley was superb.
Benoit to win against Punk - but Punk to take the title later on.
MVP to sneak a win against Flair.
Yang to beat Chavo.
Candice to get on top of Melina - and then later on take the belt from her :D

Am looking forward to the whole event. Can;t wait!

Foley is in there for the whole "Any former World Champion can be in it" thing. I really hope Cena doesn't retain because he needs to lose the belt to freshen up his character IMO. Put the belt of the King!!! But realistically, Orton is the only chance in this one I think.

Also what are everyone's theories on who "killed" Vince McMahon. I hope they go for a shocker like when Rikishi was reavealed as the one who ran down Stone Cold. It'll elevate that person to a top spot.

I'm secretly hoping for Muhammad Hassan. He was the man.

I still stand by Hector Guerrero as being the guy that did it... Being made to dress up as the Gobbledy Gooker is the unforgivable sin!! :D :D :D

Would be funny if it was Paul London, but maybe he was smiling cos he let one rip, or Spanky put his hand somewhere it shouldn't be!!

Hussan was the man. One the most hated heels EVER! And the greatest too!

Maybe it was the new New Hart Foundation soon to appear in the WWE soon - Harry Smith, Teddy Hart and Nattie Neidhart - as revenge for the screwjob 10yrs prior. All to be revealed before Survivor Series this year which is in, funnily enough, Montreal!

Back
Top Bottom