The Wrestling Thread

OMG, this is seriously the biggest shock of a wrestlers death EVER! bigger than owen harts and eddies deaths!
Benoit is a true legend, a true wrestler and a true entertainer! to think the day he was meant to become the new ECW champ, he died!
RIP BENOIT

The scary/ironic part is the when Eddie passed on he was actually meant to have won the WWE Title back at the next Smackdown taping which was the next night then with his passing, the show didint have the title match.
Rumor has it that Benoit was also meant to have claimed the ECW Title at Vengeance and look what has happened.
You'd really hate to be a WWE Superstar and be told that your going to get a run as champion coz you would probably have to hire extra personal security to make sure you made it to the show!

i just found this too on wwe.com
could it really be true, benoit a murderer?

Benoit's death part of a double murder-suicide
Written: June 25, 2007
According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time.

also if u look at wwe.com, go to raw, and look at photos, it has photos of vince talking to an empty stadium and the benoit 'in loving memory' pic on the titantron. so looks like they r gonna drop the dead mcmahon angle!

yeh it now would be a bit stupid to keep playing the dead mcmahon scenario now that benoit truly died. almost fell off the chair backward when i logged onto the wwe site today. very shocking. rip to one of my fav wrestlers of all time

I don't really know what to think about this. Once we get the official police reports and more of an idea of what really happened, then I'll form a full opinion on whether he's going to heaven or hell.

Chris Benoit was one of my favourite wrestlers ever, and everytime I see his WM20 match, I always get goosebumps and a tear in my eye. A great wrestler that will be sorely missed in wrestling.

PS. Don't take my post as being disrespectful. Until we know the real story, if we ever do, I can't form a proper opinion on the subject.

Chris Benoit was one of my favourite wrestlers ever, and everytime I see his WM20 match, I always get goosebumps and a tear in my eye. A great wrestler that will be sorely missed in wrestling.

Yea would have to agree with u on that on his WRESTLEMANIA XX MATCH WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS ONE OF THE BEST WORLD TITLE MATCHES EVER
would have love to see him as the current and new ECW world champion

I still can't believe it. If its true that he murdered his wife and kid before ending his own life, then yes, Chris Benoit the man won't be remembered in a good light - but no matter how this unfortunate ending occured, nothing should be taken away from the career that was Chris Benoit's. Arguably the greatest technician EVER.

All up I think I've listened to his theme song close to 20 times already today. It hasn't sunk in fully.

just to let ppl know on what with the vince dead thing here is a pic to show that he is alive just as MW said was on wwe.com

Attachments

• VinceCBenTribute_83x64.jpg
    VinceCBenTribute_83x64.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 68
RIP Chris Beniot you will truely be missed.

I have a feeling with this happening WWE may just cancel the Tour to Australia, seems he was meant to be on the roster to come over.

They won't cancel, well shouldn't do. The show must go on.

Though having Benoit on the card would have made it so much more memorable

I think people need to separate his character to the man he really was. Whether he did murder his family you can't say he's a murderer and a bad person. Maybe he had major problems with his personal life outside of wrestling which caused him to have insanity problems so maybe he had no control over what he was doing. Who knows. Regardless of what really happened he is and will forever be one of the true legends of wrestling

i reckon maybe his family where held hostage by a psycho fan who cracked it cos he left smackdown and went to ecw. so benoit went home and in the meantime the killer killed woman and daniel, then benoit when he arrived!!
or maybe thats what i hope more than benoit doin it himself.

I think people need to separate his character to the man he really was. Whether he did murder his family you can't say he's a murderer and a bad person. Maybe he had major problems with his personal life outside of wrestling which caused him to have insanity problems so maybe he had no control over what he was doing. Who knows. Regardless of what really happened he is and will forever be one of the true legends of wrestling
Are you serious? If the allegations are true, he's gone from wrestling hero/idol to a disgrace to humanity. No human being should be put on a pedestal this way if this is what he has done. He deserves to rot in hell. A childkiller...no more would need to be said.

I agree great wrestler did wonders for the sport but what a GUTLESS BASTARD i think steroids was involved and he snapped but should've hung himself and left his wife and kid.I'll never see him as a hero on stage now he just ruined any respect he had from anyone i'd say

I think there is more 2 it as he has other kids and they were in canada from reports?

I am actually very confussed by it all, if he did it then something pushed him to it, but i do agree there is no excusss for taking others with you if you want to kill yourself.

its the same as the custody issues, if you can live then kill yourself but leave the kids alone

Are you serious? If the allegations are true, he's gone from wrestling hero/idol to a disgrace to humanity. No human being should be put on a pedestal this way if this is what he has done. He deserves to rot in hell. A childkiller...no more would need to be said.
My point was not to jump to conclusions and if you read the next sentence I was pointing out maybe he lost his mind and had no control over what he was doing. And again While Chris Benoit may be a disgrace to humanity, the Chris Benoit character is legend and can't be denied despite the person behind the character

I agree with the last 2 posts, i have absolutely no respect for child killers, if he was suffering from something, should have taken his own life and not his whole family. He definately should be call a hero.

Back
Top Bottom