The 2007 NRL Telstra Premiership Thread

Thats it. This time last year nobody would have given the Broncos much chance of winning then all the sudden started winning just about every game at the end of the season to win the premiership. I'm thinking the same will happen with the Cowboys. They're going to lose a few more matches over the next few weeks but will make a late charge towards the finals and upset Manly in the preliminary final then upset the Storm in the Grand Final to become the 2007 NRL premiers

yes definetly. NQ Cowboys seem to be building a reputation for doing that over the past few years (since 2004 i think). Its a scary possibility.

Another great weekend of league!! Good to see Manly suffer another loss, losing to the bulldogs 27-8. Only bad thing about that is the dogs won. The storm is surging ahead now after they belted the Dragons 28-6. The Warriors smashed the most inconsistent team in the comp Penrith 54-14. Put your money on Penrith to win next weekend. About time souths won a game beating the Sharks 16-12. GOLD COAST in the top 4 after beating Newcastle. Did anyone see Matt Rogers' try saving tackle to win the game for the Titans!! How good has he been since he's been back in league. Great to see the Cowboys back in winning form after holding out the giant killing Raiders 28-24. Matt Bowen is the by far the 2nd best player in the comp behind Thurston. And finally the Broncos....belted the Tigers tonight 48-18. They would have put on 50 if it wasn't for some woeful goal-kicking. Great to see big Petro get into a biff tonight. That was great. He got 10 in the bin for it too. 2 in a row for the broncs. Are they back in business? Only 2 wins behind 3rd spot. But so are 5 other teams. Only 4 points separate 3rd from 13th. Sets up a great business end of the season. My top 8 prediction for finals in order:
Storm
Cowboys
Sea Eagles
Titans
Eels
Broncos
Raiders
Tigers
Warriors

Another great weekend of league!! Good to see Manly suffer another loss, losing to the bulldogs 27-8. Only bad thing about that is the dogs won. The storm is surging ahead now after they belted the Dragons 28-6. The Warriors smashed the most inconsistent team in the comp Penrith 54-14. Put your money on Penrith to win next weekend. About time souths won a game beating the Sharks 16-12. GOLD COAST in the top 4 after beating Newcastle. Did anyone see Matt Rogers' try saving tackle to win the game for the Titans!! How good has he been since he's been back in league. Great to see the Cowboys back in winning form after holding out the giant killing Raiders 28-24. Matt Bowen is the by far the 2nd best player in the comp behind Thurston. And finally the Broncos....belted the Tigers tonight 48-18. They would have put on 50 if it wasn't for some woeful goal-kicking. Great to see big Petro get into a biff tonight. That was great. He got 10 in the bin for it too. 2 in a row for the broncs. Are they back in business? Only 2 wins behind 3rd spot. But so are 5 other teams. Only 4 points separate 3rd from 13th. Sets up a great business end of the season. My top 8 prediction for finals in order:
Storm
Cowboys
Sea Eagles
Titans
Eels
Broncos
Raiders
Tigers
Warriors
hahah good one adam
are u hammers love child or something
Too much manly hating around these parts ;)
but i guess thats a case of the tall poppy syndrome no one likes u when u are so damn good.
here Fishy fishy

oh i love that prediction Deadman Inc. very nice indeed.
and ninja299: thing is theres not too much manly haters theres nothing to love about manly hahahaha ;)

hahah good one adam
are u hammers love child or something
Too much manly hating around these parts ;)
but i guess thats a case of the tall poppy syndrome no one likes u when u are so damn good.
here Fishy fishy
You're not taking this personally are ya Cam? I've hated Manly since I was a kid, couldn't stand Geoff Toovey and good ol' Hoppa....well I reckon that was Manlys game plan not Hoppa's if you know what i mean. Don't worry mate I still got them in my top 8 and I got them down for a preliminary final.

You're not taking this personally are ya Cam? I've hated Manly since I was a kid, couldn't stand Geoff Toovey and good ol' Hoppa....well I reckon that was Manlys game plan not Hoppa's if you know what i mean. Don't worry mate I still got them in my top 8 and I got them down for a preliminary final.
hahaha

dood have a read of the small white text dood

i was tryin to catch a hammerhead so to speak :D

hahaha
Thats a good one i'll pay that!! I'm a hammerhead no longer. I'm a Cowboys fan who reckons they will jump Manly into 2nd by seasons end

Troubled Gower crosses over

TROUBLED Penrith Panthers halfback Craig Gower has switched codes and joined French rugby union side Bayonne, the Basque team announced today (AEST).

Gower, 29, who made 14 appearances for Australia, and was captain for the 2005 Tri-Nations league Test with France, may ask for a release from the final two years of his NRL contract.

After being set for what appeared a huge future in the game, Gower has been dogged by a string of alcohol-fuelled, off-field incidents.

Controversy ... Gower won't miss the Australian press corps when he moves.
In 1999, he exposed himself to a female tourist in a Sydney bar, blaming his behaviour on alcohol.

In 2005, Gower was sacked as Panthers captain after allegedly groping the teenage daughter of Wayne Pearce and threatening the Balmain league legend's son at a charity golf event in

It was further alleged that Gower had walked around the resort naked and crashed a golf cart.

He allegedly threw a knife at other resort guests before being kicked out of the official function.

Gower was handed a "final warning" by the NRL, copped a $100,000 fine - $70,000 suspended - with the balance to be paid to an NRL program encouraging the responsible use of alcohol by league players.

He was "deeply unhappy" that the Panthers did not defend his reputation, and at one stage threatened to "walk" from the club.

There was another drink-related incident at Sydney's Kings Cross in Februrary, when Gower allegedly tried to kiss one man before biting him on the neck and sparking a brawl.

He is accused of assaulting another man and the police investigation is continuing.

The Panthers controversially reappointed Gower as captain this season, claiming the Kings Cross incident was just a media "beat-up".

Gower captained the Panthers between 2002 and 2005, the highlight of which was the 2003 grand final win over the Sydney Roosters.
He made his Australia debut in 1996 as hooker, but has since moved to halfback, and received the last remaining spot on the New South Wales interchange bench for State of Origin III two years ago.

Gower was named Kangaroos captain for the 2005 Tri-Nations Test with France, becoming the second Panthers player after Brad Fittler in 1995 to achieve the honour.

Dont know whats goin on out there at Penrith...... shame to see Gowie leaving cause he does drive that team. They've lost a lot of player of late and some good players have slipped under the radar. Cant see them travelling to well for the next few years.

Might be time for em to bring back Royce Simmons to coach em again.

hahaha

No need to catch a hammerhead mate, I saw it and it will take more than that buddy.

Mate i guess people just don't like fingers up there ass, and that toovey guy has just wrecked it for us here in Qld, how could you follow a team like that, dirtiest players in rugby league

LMFAO

What a game no doubt petrol seventy cents a litre wants to go out with a bang.Come on you girls give a guy with glasses a chance write in pink or something :D

GO THE WEST TIGERS
Didn't they get flogged by the Broncos??

Too bad about Gower, if he wants to leave the big time and go play in some unheard of minor league then good luck to him. Penrith have now lost both Gower and Wallace

No need to catch a hammerhead mate, I saw it and it will take more than that buddy.
Mate i guess people just don't like fingers up there ass, and that toovey guy has just wrecked it for us here in Qld, how could you follow a team like that, dirtiest players in rugby league

LMFAO
once again hammerhead u show u dont really know what your talking about.

Hoppa was a wests tigers player when he went digital
so wrong wrong wrong again

What about Juliann oneil having a slash under the black jack table, Wendall throwing someone over a car in a car park, Wille Carne making a knob of himself.

Troubled Gower crosses over
TROUBLED Penrith Panthers halfback Craig Gower has switched codes and joined French rugby union side Bayonne, the Basque team announced today (AEST).
Gower, 29, who made 14 appearances for Australia, and was captain for the 2005 Tri-Nations league Test with France, may ask for a release from the final two years of his NRL contract.
After being set for what appeared a huge future in the game, Gower has been dogged by a string of alcohol-fuelled, off-field incidents.
Controversy ... Gower won't miss the Australian press corps when he moves.
In 1999, he exposed himself to a female tourist in a Sydney bar, blaming his behaviour on alcohol.
In 2005, Gower was sacked as Panthers captain after allegedly groping the teenage daughter of Wayne Pearce and threatening the Balmain league legend's son at a charity golf event in
It was further alleged that Gower had walked around the resort naked and crashed a golf cart.
He allegedly threw a knife at other resort guests before being kicked out of the official function.
Gower was handed a "final warning" by the NRL, copped a $100,000 fine - $70,000 suspended - with the balance to be paid to an NRL program encouraging the responsible use of alcohol by league players.
He was "deeply unhappy" that the Panthers did not defend his reputation, and at one stage threatened to "walk" from the club.
There was another drink-related incident at Sydney's Kings Cross in Februrary, when Gower allegedly tried to kiss one man before biting him on the neck and sparking a brawl.
He is accused of assaulting another man and the police investigation is continuing.
The Panthers controversially reappointed Gower as captain this season, claiming the Kings Cross incident was just a media "beat-up".
Gower captained the Panthers between 2002 and 2005, the highlight of which was the 2003 grand final win over the Sydney Roosters.
He made his Australia debut in 1996 as hooker, but has since moved to halfback, and received the last remaining spot on the New South Wales interchange bench for State of Origin III two years ago.
Gower was named Kangaroos captain for the 2005 Tri-Nations Test with France, becoming the second Panthers player after Brad Fittler in 1995 to achieve the honour.
wonder how the frenchies will respond to it when he gets little gowie out, when his on the drink at some french nightclub

What about Juliann oneil having a slash under the black jack table, Wendall throwing someone over a car in a car park, Wille Carne making a knob of himself.

IanRobertsPinkBra-n-Panties.jpg
...enough said!

Or Chris Walker eating some Capsicum Spray ... Or Joe Kilroy (now where did he end up)?

LMFAO
hey smart work Richie Richlands

small white print an awesome way to cover up ure spelling mistakes

u arent that dumb after all ;)

Back
Top Bottom