Thankyou AMF

Tiger Bottomley

"Lord of the jungle"
I know that they get some bad press from time to time and we all know that there is usually a lack of credit go where it is due so I just wanted to say a huge thanks to AMF both for the money they have put into the masters and also for the extras they offered over the course of the week.

While I arrived late I was told they put on an amazing breakfast at a very reasonable price and also offered specials on drinks amongst some other things during the nationals.

The staff and lane runners were plentiful and always available and did a great job ensuring score corrections, respots etc were all handled efficiently and with minimal fuss.

So on this occasion they truely have gone to a lot of effort and in my opinion deserve a pat on the back and sincere thanks.

It was a wonderful experience to bowl in the masters (something I have never done before) and something I will never forget.

To all at AMF, I salute and sincerely and genuinely would like to give my thanks.

Regards
Carl Bottomley

Well said Carl, and I agree 100%. Hopefully AMF will continue their generous support and the tournament will stay at this magnificent complex for a few years. Great job to all involved and thank you for a wonderful week.

I second and third what Carl and Robbie have said, great place to hold the nationals, great centre.

Hopefully Jordan will sign off on another round for more sponsorship and it will be an even bigger success next year.

I got to talk to Jordan for a brief moment on Saturday and I did thank him for the opportunity and sort of hinted on how much bigger it could be next year.

Matthew and his staff, thank you for hosting one of the best events I've seen in this country. I hope it's around next year!

Bowl was amazing, staff were amazing, prize fund was unbelievable.

Thankyou AMF for your contribution to the sport.

I would like to thank and amf for a great event, and a special thanks the bowls manager, sorry i have forgotten your name, but she went out of her way to help me, when i was injured during rachuiq,

and that was just awesome, so i thankyou very very much.

This centre is perfect to hold nationals for couple more years. Thanks AMF and staff for putting on well run tournament. Well said Carl and Robbie

Couldn't agree more with all the comments. A great run tournament. To everyone involved from the tournament committee, to the staff at AMF,the boys down the back. Well done and I hope it continues next year.
Cheers Lovey

Great post Carl .... sounds like it was a great week and good to see AMF getting involved again like they used to.

Cant agree more with all the posts. Was certainly the tournament of the year and the best nationals i have attended. The staff, especially Natalie and Matthew were always there to be seen, talking to the bowlers and making sure things were running smoothly. I for one would like to see some sort of arrangement for the next few years with Jordan Rogers and AMF, along with pushing for sponsorship from the RSL (who would have made plenty of $$$ from the bowlers over the 3 weeks) and try to make the event huge. The bigger the event, the more exposure we get, which can only benefit our sport.

Cheers

Robbie T

Re: Thank you AMF - Thank you TBA!

I agree. I'll get my one grumble out of the way first as I'll finish the post on a high note. If the air-con could be a little lower or we allow men to wear dress shorts, that would have made it perfect. (It was hot on the lanes!)

It's marvelous what happens when you get a centre run by a friendly, downright sunny manager who "gets" bowling. Well done Natalie! The friendly staff had a grasp of what was going on and were eager to help. I also didn't see an extended mechanical failure while I was there, so pats on the back to all the back end crew.

Add to that the whole-hearted support of a Regional Manager who also "gets" bowling and it's great. Thank you Matt!

Add to that some corporate backing and there's a great pot to shoot for and a real event. Thank you Jordan.

But there's the other big cog to the Nationals machine. TBA. Every time I put my ugly head through the tournament room door, there's two John's and an Ian putting in an amazing effort. They have a long list of people who were in there at least half the time, always ready to answer any queries with good cheer. You know who you are and I give my thanks to all of you.

Squads ran mostly to time, which is as good as it gets. Entries were handled very efficiently and prizes were handed out without fuss or delay. I was very impressed with the whole operation. Well done TBA!

Totally agree Jason - well done everyone - it was the first adult Nationals I have attended & it was a great experience - everyone was firendly and things ran very efficiently.

I agree with all posts. Thank you to AMF, Jordan and his team of staff stars. I managed to Thank Jordan Rogers and Matthew Whitten personally and I'm sure it will be bigger and better next year at a venue that holds a true exceptional experience for an Australian National Championships.

AMF Rooty Hill RSL hopefully can be the venue for another few years. Once again I thank you to all involved including the officials of TBA that put together a wonderful Nationals.

I have to echo everyone's comments. A superb effort by everyone involved, from the centre staff, to Matt, to Jordon, and everyone on the TBA tournament team. Long may this event continue to be the pinnacle of bowling in Australasia. We will be back to support it!

Re: Thank you AMF - Thank you TBA!

I agree. I'll get my one grumble out of the way first as I'll finish the post on a high note. If the air-con could be a little lower or we allow men to wear dress shorts, that would have made it perfect. (It was hot on the lanes!)

It's marvelous what happens when you get a centre run by a friendly, downright sunny manager who "gets" bowling. Well done Natalie! The friendly staff had a grasp of what was going on and were eager to help. I also didn't see an extended mechanical failure while I was there, so pats on the back to all the back end crew.

Add to that the whole-hearted support of a Regional Manager who also "gets" bowling and it's great. Thank you Matt!

Add to that some corporate backing and there's a great pot to shoot for and a real event. Thank you Jordan.

But there's the other big cog to the Nationals machine. TBA. Every time I put my ugly head through the tournament room door, there's two John's and an Ian putting in an amazing effort. They have a long list of people who were in there at least half the time, always ready to answer any queries with good cheer. You know who you are and I give my thanks to all of you.

Squads ran mostly to time, which is as good as it gets. Entries were handled very efficiently and prizes were handed out without fuss or delay. I was very impressed with the whole operation. Well done TBA!

And don't forget Denise, all entries were handled by this lady, many over the previous months. And couldn't agree more Jason on the shorts/pants issue.

I agree. I'll get my one grumble out of the way first as I'll finish the post on a high note. If the air-con could be a little lower or we allow men to wear dress shorts, that would have made it perfect. (It was hot on the lanes!)[/B]
I totally agree, It was extramly hot in the bowl and having to wear long pants made it doubbly hot.
The ladies can wear dress shorts, why cant the men.

i would also like to extend a heart felt congratulations and thanks to all the TBA committee on a wonderfully run event as well as the staff at AMF Rooty Hill for doing a fantastic job across the whole three weeks. I also thought it was really nice that a number of members of the staff came up after the last game of the Masters to say how much they enjoyed being there for the final...i thank you very much for doing that.
As Carl and others have said also, thank you very very much to Jordan and AMF for your extremely generous sponsorship for the Masters, it was truly amazing to hear of the prize fund announcement at last years Rachuig and i am not sure there are enough kind words to be able to say thank you for making it possible to play for such an amazing prize fund...and also due to that prize money, being able to see some of the U.S professional women.
Many congrats to AMF.

Cheers
Paul Trotter

Thanks Jason Doust on your platatudes towards all those responsible for such a good Event, only one problem, for me and 99% of all who read these posts don't know who you are talking about so please leave out the informalities and use thier Full Name.

Just a small point, I haven't worked in a Centre or Bowled for 5 years.
Frank Williams

The ladies can wear dress shorts, why cant the men.[/QUOTE]
without being sexist some mens legs not sure are nice to look at:p

Back
Top Bottom