TBAL Sanctioning and AMF

alexnjudy

TotalBowler
Hi all,
Just a quick question regarding Amf and TBAL. I put forward this question to our former TBAL CEO, Alex Popov regarding this issue.
Since Amf been paying their lineage and supporting TBAL financially. Does all the leagues that bowls at Amf centres officially been sanctioned with TBAL? Suprisely his answer was... Yes!!
Have any of you bowlers heard of this ruling? If so, why are we (AMF bowlers) paying twice to TBAL when we sanction our league with our local association?
Thanks for the feed back.
Alex

Are you talking about registering individuals or leagues?

You don't pay to sanction a league, so yes.. if your AMF centre have paid thier dues then all leagues can be sanctioned.

This does not mean that the bowlers get a free sanction card. Even with the old sanction model where the centre paid a set fee to issue thier own cards, the bowlers still had to pay the full amount. From this, the centre would keep the TBA portion and forward the remainder to the local association. If leagues paid directly to the local association then the TBA portion would be sent back to the centre.

So either way, you haven't paid twice unless you have handed over your $20 twice.

Agreed with Phluff.

In any case though, just be patient, get through this year. We can see TBA is working to improve this system and it is important for us as a sport that we can have reportable numbers of bowlers. I can only see improvements coming in this department over the next short few years

I can't speak for Alex, but what I think he may have meant is that all centres are charged a lane levy to register their centre- this year it is $21 per lane. This registers the centre which in turn means that any leagues who are bowling in their centre are accreditable.

However, the bowler also needs to be registered with the TBAL for his pesonal score to be recognised.

Therefore, you can have a registered bowler but if he bowls a (eg) 300 but in an unregistered centre it will not be recognised, or a league can be registered but unless the bowler is registered their score may not be recognised.

That's the way I understood it.

Edi

Edi is correct,

The centres pay a fee to give them a "registered accreditation".
This fee has reduced in the last couple of years (previously it was 100's of dollars per lane).

Each bowler still is required to pay an individual sanction fee to a local or state based association. The TBA portion is only required to be paid to one association (who will pass it - or should pass it - on to TBA), and then the balance of your sanction will pay for the association to keep running.
Some associations will provide paperwork, badges/awards, to leagues for free based on the amounts they collect, and quite often some associations will be doing lobbying, etc to TBA.

Cheers,
Vaughnn

Back
Top Bottom