Questions and answers from the TBAL AGM

Sorry Jase I completely agree hindsights a great thing. I should have qualified my post with alleged misappropriation of finances as no charges or action was ever taken in response to those allegations I believe. Their was a lot of great people who served the ATBC over its life span and my post did unintentionally disparage those people. This was not my intention.

I will undertake a self imposed 1 week ban from posted to all forums in penance.

Terry
I cant see how you can possibly label Deveer as a catagoie for all bowlers. My goodness i bowled it and if it wasnt just an excuse to sadbag then i wasnt there. Yes the TBA may have been a bit harsh in canning Deveer. But to say Deveer was for the bowlers other than the elite is just going a tad to far.
Phil
And please this is not a slang at all of the obviously very talented bowlers who bowled Deveer and made it the great event it was to become over the years. Just the ones who shouldnt have been there and you do know who you are.

I'm sorry to say that I feel the TBA are still not performing to the level we expect. In the past I've played other sports where the governing body has been far more proactive. Those sports were a little more expensive and probably had a larger membership base, but not on any sort of extreme scale difference.

I agree that this forum isn't a place for information to be extracted, but maybe an easy quicker avenue? A way to get to the bowling public rather than us going to them? I saw a world renown trainer just yesterday to do with real estate and he said something very interesting and oh so true. He said "When dealing with a large amount of vendors (sellers) its not the ones you hear complaining you have to worry about, you're more than likely to lose the ones who don't contact you until it is too late". I think this can be the case in so many scenarios including Tenpin in Aus.

I've been bowling for many years now and not once have I been asked my opinion, nor have many of the bowlers I bowl with.

A bowlers perspective varies depending on which part of the scale they are sitting. Someone who is up there at National level or international level probably knows all the board members and CEO, knows exactly what is going and and is getting their voices heard loud and clear. But someone who is up and coming, maybe just under the national level or lower I don't feel has the same voice. It's not how loud the voices are that should count.

I qualify that by saying that if it wasn't for Total Bowling and a few tireless volunteers their would be no competitve bowling structure in place in this country at all.
Maybe there is some truth in your statement, I don't know.

What I can say that, in my opinion, without TotalBowling as a medium to disseminate information about tournaments (particularly local gigs) and to take nominations then I'm sure you are near the money.

Also, without TotalBowling being available as a forum to discuss various points of view on Tenpin Bowling issues, pass on technical information, advertising of products, congratulate successes, pass on information as per this particular thread, and etc, I believe Tenpin Bowling would be further worse off. Most bowlers would be oblivious to the TBA.

So thanks respectively to Graham, Jase and Kellie for providing this vehicle that does a huge service to tenpin bowling.

perhaps there should be a dedicated thread to the tbal where all comments could be posted therefore making it easier for the CEO to find & respond if she feels necessary, keep all the members informed of the programs they plan to implement & hopefully seek advise from the many knowledgeable members of this forum.
i believe bowlers would treat the tbal with more respect if they were more available to the members

perhaps there should be a dedicated thread to the tbal where all comments could be posted therefore making it easier for the CEO to find & respond if she feels necessary, keep all the members informed of the programs they plan to implement & hopefully seek advise from the many knowledgeable members of this forum.
i believe bowlers would treat the tbal with more respect if they were more available to the members
This is a question I'm about to ask, please don't take it the wrong way;

Are you being sarcastic, or are you honestly unaware of the previous TBA section of this forum which lapsed into nothingness...?

Totalbowling did once have such a board for just TBA targeted questions for exactly this purpose, but it didn't really work out...

I enjoy this forum and find its a great vehicle for those that are into the internet and chatting about current bowling issues.
Its the perfect place to find out about the upcoming tourneys and such.
But maybe I'm loosing something here but when I need an answer I either email the source or pick up the phone.
I'm guessing that's why people list their email addresses on their respective sites.
By emailing the CEO directly wouldn't you think that would be more effective?
I remember a recent serious issue came up and I discovered from the many that were commenting
only 2 people had made an effort to get in touch with the CEO.
Dozza :rolleyes:

The readers can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that most of Totalbowling's members mistakenly believed that someone from the TBA board actually read what was being said in the forums.

no i did not know the section existed but that was then this is now,
i read the new ceo is very approachable so why not invite her to air her views on behalf of the tbal wouldn't it be a great way to promote the tbal
imagine how good it would be if she started a thread once a week & then solicited comments from the members i think it would be great
now this may seem cynical but i don't believe the new tbal will make a difference

Belmo: The proof wasn't gathered from the posts on this forum it was from what has been happening in our sport for the last 9 odd years since the TBA took over.
Let's see, tournament bowling has all but collapsed; Daveer canned from Nationals (so no event catering for all bowlers - just elitism Rachuig etc. hmmmm smells like ATBC to me); poor turnouts for Nationals (due to Daveer canning); state champs treated with contempt from bowlers (due to no proper bowling pathway structures in place); demise of prestigious five man team leagues (may be cost but again no proper bowling structures); and the virtual collpase of league bowling in general (no proper bowling pathway structures in place); introduction of bowling bars or centres for pure profit (no structures in place means free rein to exploit bowling for profit); now need I go on.
So yes I really believe that we are no better off than when the ATBC was in charge as at least we knew who we were dealing with and had a say in who ran the sport then. In fact I go as far as saying we are far worse off now than when the ATBC was at the helm. I qualify that by saying that if it wasn't for Total Bowling and a few tireless volunteers their would be no competitve bowling structure in place in this country at all.

Terry what does the past 9 years have anything to do with the current CEO???
I, like many people who are members, had lost all faith in the TBA and its CEO (especially becasue i had numerous chats with the guy......) but making such statements about the current TBA is absurd.

Gillian has nothing to do with how down hill YOU think our sport is going....she DOES NOW though, and she accepts that responsibility and i am one guy who thinks if anyone can help this sport, ITS HER!

Do yourself a favour, before you slag a governing body like the current TBA, write a email to your CEO, hell even call her, and find out for yourself what she is doing.........Like me, you will be a converted mind!
Seeing as you have given your self a one week ban (as above), Ill leave it there.... :p

As for everyone else who thinks totalbowling is the place our TBA should be day in, day out.
Here is something for you!

I love totalbowling. Im on here everyday, I love the guys who run the site and if you get a chance to say hey to Jase/Kelly, you will find that like our CEO they will help you no matter what question you ask them.

But thats just it. Its their site, not TBA's.

I would look on here for about an hour a day. I dont post in every section, Im not even asked question directly, and that 1 hour is spent doing JUST what i do now.

Imagine the time it would take to answer questions on a national forum from TB members........ Im not saying you shouldnt ask them, but send them directly.

OK here is my Martin Luther King speech!

What we once were (regarding TBA) and what we will become are 2 completely different things.
What we were I was ashamed of and worst yet the sport of bowling was in need of a miracle.
What we will become is a sport with a strong governing body, who will keep both the social side and the competitive side to bowling under their wing!
Its not going to happen this year, or even next, but like most destinations that are hard to reach, the road that leads the way is both long and windey.

If this TBA fails once again....... Then anyone who is/wants/could be a competitive bowler will have their proverbial bubble burst!
THIS IS TBA's last dig..... we need everyone, haters and lovers of TBA alike, to for one time.....JUST ONE time stand as one and all push bowling in the right direction!
IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?????

Belmo

Well said Jason!

People who aren't part of the solution, can most certainly be part of the problem!

United we stand - divided we all get sore backsides.....

Edi

Belmo,

Once you have gotten over the whole travelling the world bowling phase....which political party are you going to run with to become PM...you got my vote :p

Seriously though, everyone does have to give the new management time and a chance to sort out the current situation in the sport. We all know it is not where it want it to be..we have a new CEO and it is not going to be all fixed over night but hopefully we are moving in the right direction. We are all quick to critcise (including myself) but at the end of the day we just have to be patient and hopefully we will start moving forward.

As for the CEO reading and posts and posting on TB...dont think that would be appropriate...if the issue is important and you feel strongly about it contact her as outlined in previous posts. A forum to be place on TB specifically for the TBA would require quite heavy monitoring from TB administrators to make sure it is appropriate and i dont think this would be fair on them.

Back
Top Bottom