Sanction fees how much do we pay who do we pay

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Ok time to get other opinions…

I am sanctioned on the Gold Coast here in Qld…I paid a $12 dollar sanction fee to receive my sanction card…I also bowl some leagues in Brisbane and have been told I need to pay an affiliation fee of $5 so that I can bowl in there leagues…Is this correct and if it is why?????

If we are a TBA registered bowler than why are we always stung with these extra fees from other associations…Why can’t we be registered just with TBA or who ever the governing body is at the time and be done with it…I really don’t care about the $5 but its more principle…Maybe I am wrong what do others think…Do other states have similar circumstances????

Or should all associations charge the same fee across the board to save all these dramas…Are the other associations that are charging us more ripping us off???

What do you think!

That sounds like a case of 'double dipping' to me.

I haven't even been told how much the 2007 fee is. We have asked the TBA for some cards, and they haven't got back to us.

Therefore who knows what will happen if I bowl my 300:D

Good post.... I have a few questions aswell.

Last year during my move I got hit up multiple times for sanctioning.

Start of last year, i paid TBA in Sydney & also Tenpin Sydney sanctioning.

Then i move to Brisbane and i paid out again for TBA Brisbane, Gold Coast & TQI.

Seemed a bit nuts to me and didnt think anything of it. With all the sanctioning question's flying around i just thought id add what happened to me.

Did i get hit up to many times???

Also for this year, I sanctioned with TBA in Sydney last weekend, but filled it out with my Brisbane details and nominated Brisbane as my association.

So hopefully there wont be any dramas there for that either.... time will tell....

I paid $15 for TBA on the weekend in Sydney.... Jase how come it only cost you $12 for Gold Coast??????

I paid $15 for TBA on the weekend in Sydney.... Jase how come it only cost you $12 for Gold Coast??????

You guys are lucky.

We paid $20 (waits for $10 per head jokes)

I thought sanctioning was just that.... It allowed you to bowl anywhere in Australia as a registered bowler.

Our understanding in the Qld State office is that you may only hold 1 x TBA membership card. This entitles you to bowl in any sanctioned TBA League or Tournament Australia wide.
You do not need to take out other Local Affilliation unless you wish to obtain the Local benefits offered by that same Local Association.
Local Benefits may include an award scheme or Championship prize money or anything else that is normally not available to members of other Associations.

You also need to check out what is not available to Associate Members. For instance in Qld some Associations insist that you be nothing less than a full member to compete in their Rep Team Roll-Offs.

We paid $20 (waits for $10 per head jokes)

No Need...Its a given...:D

I thought sanctioning was just that.... It allowed you to bowl anywhere in Australia as a registered bowler.

Agreed...Yet i was told that if I didn’t pay the $5 i cannot compete in the Brisbane area champion ships or there Masters...I mean why is that?... I would be paying all the entry fees...then I was told it’s a closed shop...When lucky enough with my Gold Coast card i can compete in any tournament in Australia and try and win money...Go Figure...:confused: :confused: :confused:

Our understanding in the Qld State office is that you may only hold 1 x TBA membership card. This entitles you to bowl in any sanctioned TBA League or Tournament Australia wide.
You do not need to take out other Local Affilliation unless you wish to obtain the Local benefits offered by that same Local Association.
Local Benefits may include an award scheme or Championship prize money or anything else that is normally not available to members of other Associations.
You also need to check out what is not available to Associate Members. For instance in Qld some Associations insist that you be nothing less than a full member to compete in their Rep Team Roll-Offs.
I agree with most of this, the second affiliation fee should only be in the case of wanting to join their particular benefits.

I don't know that simply holding TBA sanction "entitles" you to bowl in anything, the host organisation still sets the rules. To be an accredited event they will require you to have sanction, but they could also write in must be affiliated with a certain association. This may be why you can't bowl in their masters Jase, it might be in their rules that only full members in their association are permitted to compete.

I agree it sounds nuts, but thinking about other sports... Soccer - I have to pay annual registration with each association I wish to participate with, within the state comp. I'm sure league, union and AFL will be the same. Perhaps what makes bowling different is its individualist nature where it's easy to simply walk into another associations venue and play a game?

How about golf, we seem to have a few of you guys around, do you pay club membership at each club? If not, how often do you need to pay more than just green fees at clubs you visit?

then I was told it’s a closed shop...When lucky enough with my Gold Coast card i can compete in any tournament in Australia and try and win money...Go Figure...:confused: :confused: :confused:

Jase I think you'll find it's different for Association based tournaments and masters events. I can't see why they would stop you competing in the championships, but if you wish to go for masters in Brisbane, that may be the issue, as you are a Gold Coast member, and the Masters is "closed shop".

I guess it's similar to NSW bowlers trying to compete in our SQ championships..

In SA we have been told that you can only join TBA once Australia wide. This give you the benefits of the TBA membership and membership in ONE local Association. If you wish to join another Association in the State/Interstate to gain the benefits of that Association (ie entry into an event only available to that Association's members) they you will be required to pay an additional $7 Affiliate Membership of that Association.

This association membership is similar to just about all other Associations whether sporting or professional or social. As already pointed out membership of one club does not give you membership rights at another.

Jase

We have had to do the same in previous years ONLY to compete in Caboolture Area champs. We were not required to pay extra just to bowl in league, our TBA membership was sufficient for that.

I Melbourne we have 2 other associations besides TBA.
CTBAM and MTBA if you want to join both these ass you will have to pay the difference between TBA fee and their fee. As both charge $20.00 for Adult fee the difference would be $9.00. A lot of our bowler belong to both these ass so they obviously pay an extra $18.00 above the TBA fee. It really is a Bowlers choice about what they pay.:cool:

Well I dont understand why either jase i dont know why i should have to sanction TQI TBA BATBA if i dont want to i dont really care if i am not eliagable for high game awards or chevrons i am not good enough to get them anyway it just doesnt make sense to me

In SA we have been told that you can only join TBA once Australia wide. This give you the benefits of the TBA membership and membership in ONE local Association. If you wish to join another Association in the State/Interstate to gain the benefits of that Association (ie entry into an event only available to that Association's members) they you will be required to pay an additional $7 Affiliate Membership of that Association.

Lyn, you are correct in saying this however the affiliation fee of $7 only applies to people who want to affiliate with a SA local association as that is the fee being collected at local level here in SA. Bowlers wanting to affiliate with an interstate association would need to ascertain directly from them what the fee would be.

Jo

You paid $12 in Qld?
You paid $20 in Tas?

Wow you got ripped...we paid $11 here. No other association fees or anything.

Well I dont understand why either jase i dont know why i should have to sanction TQI TBA BATBA if i dont want to i dont really care if i am not eliagable for high game awards or chevrons i am not good enough to get them anyway it just doesnt make sense to me

Somebody is forcing you to sanction?
You do have an alternative, its called open play.

i am just curious as to why every state/association has different fees....

i would have thought that TBA national would have a regular fee all round the board, not 17 different registration fees... i know its not 17, but looking at the posts in this thread it might even be more ;)

i think TBA needs to put their feet down and make these fees the ALL the same all round the country - not associations doing what they want and when... i think its only fair... that way people arent paying more than one fee - i think thats just silly... and a rip off....

cheers all
martina :)

i am just curious as to why every state/association has different fees....
i would have thought that TBA national would have a regular fee all round the board, not 17 different registration fees... i know its not 17, but looking at the posts in this thread it might even be more ;)
i think TBA needs to put their feet down and make these fees the ALL the same all round the country - not associations doing what they want and when... i think its only fair... that way people arent paying more than one fee - i think thats just silly... and a rip off....
cheers all
martina :)
Here, here
Alex :cool:

As far as I am aware, $11 is the base cost of TBA to sanction, anything on top is the decision of the association... that might explain why some are $11, $15 or $20...
But if you guys think that is unfair, up here in Toowoomba we have two centres, one is purely TBA and the other is TQI/TBA. Now along with many others I have already paid my $15 sanction money at the centre just TBA, I do however bowl in a league at the other centre and was told I had to pay a further $24 to bowl in the league.. so $39 in total just to bowl 2 leagues??? It didnt sound right to me, so I asked a few questions... and pretty much got mixed responses. The $24 was purely to cover me for TQI even though I wanted nothing to do with that, I just wanted to bowl league. Wouldnt you think being both TQI & TBA in the one centre you'd be covered by one or the other???? without having to pay both..
After asking a little bit more of why, I now dont have to pay the extra $24 for the other centre... although I know others who have to. Im just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or whether anyone else was made to pay both??

Interesting, I paid $20 membership for what?
Not sure why at this stage.
They do nothing for me.

I can't see the value,

All they seem to look after is themselves.

And they certainly don't promote too many other organisations under there umbrella, unless it's there own tournaments.

Interesting, I paid $20 membership for what?
Not sure why at this stage.
They do nothing for me.

I can't see the value,

All they seem to look after is themselves.

And they certainly don't promote too many other organisations under there umbrella, unless it's there own tournaments.
Here here Tony.

Like the sign on the front door at Moonah - "Seniors Card Welcome" - yep, welcome is all I got (and that was nice)- but no discounts anywhere!!!:confused:

Back
Top Bottom