TBA Tournaments, do I have to be in a TBA sanctioned league???

Wayne,

John's e-mail seems to only cover bowlers wanting to bowl in handicap tournaments unless I read it incorrectly.

Does this mean you dont have to bowl in an accredited league to bowl scratch tournaments such as ranked events unless they require an entering average for grade/division purposes such as State/National Championships, Rolloffs etc. Or is that going to change in 2010.

I agree with Chin. To be able to bowl in any TBA handicap or graded event you must have an established league average over 18 or 21 games. This recognised average can only be gained from competing in an accredited league ensuring your league complies with the TBA playing rules.

Unaccredited (or social) leagues can literally make up their own rules and set their own averages. I know of one group who decided they would count pins knocked down if the ball came out of the gutter. Others dont worry about going over the foul line just keep bowling and count the score or "average manage" to keep their scores low.

Therefore these bowlers averages are not true averages as they have not been achieved by bowling under the same rules as TBA members.

Wayne,

John's e-mail seems to only cover bowlers wanting to bowl in handicap tournaments unless I read it incorrectly.

Does this mean you dont have to bowl in an accredited league to bowl scratch tournaments such as ranked events unless they require an entering average for grade/division purposes such as State/National Championships, Rolloffs etc. Or is that going to change in 2010.

That's the way I read it.....that to bowl scratch Tournies you only need TBA membership and bowl in a registered centre....but to bowl handicap you need all three, membership, registered centre and a accredited league.

Lana

Virtually all handicap and graded tournaments have a clause which allows bowlers to apply to the tournament director for an average. That includes Nationals.
Any bowlers who could provide reasonable grounds to support such an application - previous yearbook average, current tournament average gained in sanctioned events, etc should be able to bowl unless the TD is a control freak.

Just my 2c.

Virtually all handicap and graded tournaments have a clause which allows bowlers to apply to the tournament director for an average. That includes Nationals.
Any bowlers who could provide reasonable grounds to support such an application - previous yearbook average, current tournament average gained in sanctioned events, etc should be able to bowl unless the TD is a control freak.

Just my 2c.

TBA - control freak. control freak - TBA

and the difference is.

That's the way I read it.....that to bowl scratch Tournies you only need TBA membership and bowl in a registered centre....but to bowl handicap you need all three, membership, registered centre and a accredited league.

Lana

Can we a have an answer to this Question please TBA so we can do the right thing.
Thank you
Gary.

Interesting question... would games bowled in a current league season count if that league is no longer a TBA accredited league? For example, any MTBA league that began in 2008 and is currently in season, ceased to be an accredited TBA league on 31st December 2008. Or does the rule specifically state CURRENT ACCREDITED league?

to acommodate all bowlers for the dandy marathon it will not be TBA Accredited but you will need to provide proof of ave from youre association
this way everybody will be given a fair go

Back
Top Bottom