Strikezone being bought by AMF

S

scottcomet53

Could anyone prove this rumour but i heard that Illawara Strikezone is being taken over by Amf and that Andrew Frawley is moving overseas

I think the last thing you should have done is made that post mate, go to the people directly related, being Illawarra Strikezone, don't go posting it on a national forum when there is no positive truth behind it. Im not saying its not going to happen, I have no idea as to the situation. But PLEASE for the sake of bowling DONT start rumors on bowling forums!!

Macca

I dont think he started the rumor, macca. Hes trying to see if there is any truth to it.

But if AMF is being sold, then how can they buy Strikezone?

Im not saying he starting the rumor man.. there could be some truth behind it? But correct me if im wrong Strikezone would be the place to go, not a bowling forum!

There's a difference between AMF being sold & AMF being liquidated. When they are sold, I imagine there may be some restructuring, but other than that I assume it will continue to run as is.

micky_macca said:
I think the last thing you should have done is made that post mate, go to the people directly related, being Illawarra Strikezone, don't go posting it on a national forum when there is no positive truth behind it. Im not saying its not going to happen, I have no idea as to the situation. But PLEASE for the sake of bowling DONT start rumors on bowling forums!!

Macca

How can you possibly justify this comment? what does it mean?

The definitions of the word Forum -
1 - A public meeting place for open discussion.
2 - A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.

Either you don't know that Professionls such as Newspaper Editors publish rumors in the paper, and therefore people will obviosly inquire about a rumor on a mere public Forum(It may not even be a rumor as you so confidently stated, you say yourself that you "have no idea as to the situation.") ... or more likely you are as rude as you present yourself to be.

scottcomet53 is free to say/ask whatever he wants (as it is not offensive)

Maybe because rumormongering is so damn annoying and seems to run rampant through the bowling industry. I'm sure you'll find out soon enough if its true or not, but thanks for letting Australia know in the meantime.

Either you don't know that Professionls such as Newspaper Editors publish rumors in the paper, and therefore people will obviosly inquire about a rumor on a mere public Forum(It may not even be a rumor as you so confidently stated, you say yourself that you "have no idea as to the situation.") ... or more likely you are as rude as you present yourself to be.

scottcomet53 is free to say/ask whatever he wants (as it is not offensive)

Where even once was I rude??? Rumor's ruin bowling it's a fact! You can have your say fine I dont care, but I thought it would have been much wiser to just get in contact with the people involved themselves, that makes things alot easier!

SORRY for being so rude.
Macca

Yeh will Adrian, if he thinks that was someone being rude he lives an extremely sheltered life :shock:

Taking a stab at me for that? Come on mate!!

Anyway thats my last say on this subject.

Macca

scottcomet53 said:
Could anyone prove this rumour but i heard that Illawara Strikezone is being taken over by Amf and that Andrew Frawley is moving overseas

The sale of the bowl is not a rumor.
As to the speculation about Andrew moving, doesn't he already live overseas? ....LOL

wchester said:
scottcomet53 said:

The sale of the bowl is not a rumor.

If this is not a Rumor what is it?
anyway I love the centre. great food, great pool tables and great lanes. Just a GREAT place over all.

Ash

I'd like to know who started this whole thing, but i DEFINETLY know that Scottcomet53 didn't start it.

SORRY! i stuffed up my replies and can't delete them, so there's now about a million messages from me. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

It's true that AMF put in an offer to buy oit Illawarra Strikezone. Its also true that Illawarra Strikezone REJECTED that offer. To the best of knowledge, to this day, AMF have yet to put in another offer for Illawarra Strikezone. So until that happens I think that this topic need no more conversing about.
I know this because I asked the people that know, being Andrew, not the bowling community on a national website.

Later Da Cowman!

It is interesting but I recently spoke to a relative who bowls at Strikezone and they told me that the centre has been sold and apparently it was Sue who made an annoucement, but it has been within the last week :?:

Nothing wrong with being sold I wonder if they will change the equipment seeing it is Brunswick and go synthethic, hopefully the Proshop will stay otherwise no more storm balls.

Back
Top Bottom