Strikezone being bought by AMF

Who is this relative of yours???
Sue and Andrew have issued a statement that is to be read by all leagues to stop any rumours that are going around, so IF you bowl at Strikezone, go check out the statement by simply asking for one at the front counter.
And, yeah...I spose they would be changing all the equipment :?

K.P.: there are many AMF Centres that run Brunswick machines, in fact, most of the Centres that AMF have bought which had Brunswicks, still have Brunswicks.

:D I learnt something, I did not know that because everytime I look in an old Bowling Magazine they always have AMF stuff everywhere including balls.

AMF, own more Brunswick equipped centres than AMF equipped centres, thats why they started making Brunswick parts to cut down on maintenance costs.
willey.

Here's the info. They're not changing the lanes to synthetic, they're not changing the oil patterns, you can still order Storm Balls and i think some Roto-Grip, and you can also order Hammer, AMF, Ebonite and more bowling stuff. There isn't really ANY big changes, so it's cool. I'm glad we can still get Storm stock. :p

I am also led to believe, from a newspaper article, that the centre may be run by the old owners of Warrawong Bowl? And that final offers from AMF were still in negotiation? I can use quotes from the Mercury newspaper i think it is but its probably old news. I dont bowl there often so i dont know.

willey

where did you get that info from???

can you post the exact numbers, so you can verify how wrong your last statement was!!!

start with victoria

dandenong (brunswick)
every other amf owned centre (amf) 11 centres

be interested to see the exact numbers

my guess 80% amf and 20% brunswick

Craig,
Out of the 45 AMF Centres, 16 are fitted with Brunswick Machines (A or A2).

Daniel

as far as I was aware launceston in tasmania was a brunswick centre then bought out by amf. and mornington too was one then was bought and shut down

Griggsy,

Allow me to clarify for accuracy.

Brunswick has not had any formal presence in Australia [by way of owning and operating centres] since the mid 1960's. There are Brunswick equipped centres in Australia that have indeed been acquired in the past by AMF Australia - or have been built by independant operators [such as Bowl Australia in more recent times]. However - as to Brunswick as a corporate entity being involved directly - as I say, it's been some 40 years since that was the case in this country.

Trust that clarifies it for you.

Steve Jones

Craig, I was refering to AMF World Wide, if you check through the Bowl Tech site I'm sure someone can give you exact figures.
I know that this is the case in the USA, that is why AMF has started to make thier own Brunswick parts to cut costs.
willey.

BTW Craig, I hope you don't think I was having a go at your knowledge on lane oiling in the Olympic thread, I was only being fasicious, I was having a go at the mugs who post about lane oiling who have never done it in thier lives, sorry if you missunderstood.

*rowey* said:
Here's the info. They're not changing the lanes to synthetic, they're not changing the oil patterns, you can still order Storm Balls and i think some Roto-Grip, and you can also order Hammer, AMF, Ebonite and more bowling stuff. There isn't really ANY big changes, so it's cool. I'm glad we can still get Storm stock. :p

Yes AMF have brought Strikezone - didn't you said that here - in a round about way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rowey,
Ur sadly mistaken, SZ is owned by AMF now...no SZ people own it, we just work there and keep it going...

and to think about the guy who started this thread, and what everyone had to say about him, stating a fact

I spose you feel mighty special then huh??
But I can beat you and say Ive known of it for a lil bit longer...
:wink: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom