Does Your Bowling Centre Need A Face Lift?

GeoffS

Warped Total Bowler
Hey everyone, just following on from the thread "AMF Face Lift?" does your bowling centre need a face lift? whether it be amf, brunswick or privately owned.

Starting off Queensland's number 1 bowling centre that needs a face lift is Rockhampton! About 90% of the staff are rude and especially on the weekends when the social bowlers are in, as soon as they bowl the last ball of their game the guy behind the counter drops the screen down and switches off the lanes. To me that isnt really good PR at all, plus he always is in a snappy mood which doesnt help when you get a few sociallies with a few ale's under their belt.

As for leagues and tournaments well anyone that has been to Rockhampton or bowls in Rockhampton knows what im saying when i say those lanes arent worth a pinch of s*&#. The lane washer and the oiling machine are 1970's models right back when the bowling centre was actually openned. People say that they must still have the same original keg of oil as well. Majority of the time up there you could shoot a five board line with a plastic ball and still get a decent pocket hit.

Another place that has gone down a bit, but not as bad is Illawarra Strikezone, ever since Andrew Frawley sold up to AMF i have noticed the change there with staff attitudes and lane conditions and the carpet along the back of the lanes is getting a bit tatty. Only small things that could be rectified with minimal ease when you think about it. Now having saying that things might have changed there because i havent been for a while but i know things havent changed at all in Rockhampton.

What can we as bowlers do too change the attitudes of AMF, Brunswick and the Private Operators to make them be more pro-active with their league bowlers and Social bowlers? After all we are there bread and butter when you think about it?

Thanks

Johnnie M.

johnniematherson said:
Another place that has gone down a bit, but not as bad is Illawarra Strikezone, ever since Andrew Frawley sold up to AMF i have noticed the change there with staff attitudes and lane conditions and the carpet along the back of the lanes is getting a bit tatty. Only small things that could be rectified with minimal ease when you think about it. Now having saying that things might have changed there because i havent been for a while but i know things havent changed at all in Rockhampton.

Johnnie M.

I read this and had the most incredible urge to comment...
a) Staff; Our attitudes toward our customers (both regular league bowlers and social bowlers) have not changed. The centre manager Sue is constantly reminding us to treat the customers the way we wish to be treated, and I think I can honestly say the majority (if not all) of us do. Except the ones who were always non smiley before Frawlz left.
b) Lane Conditions; Is there anything wrong with us changing our shot? Personally I do not believe the patterns we lay have changed at all...
c) Carpet; Were you on your hands and knees looking at the carpet? Inspecting every little detail and crevace where the carpet joins lino or a bench? Our carpet is like heavy duty stuff and I think its still relatively new looking (except after an extremely busy time when there is food all over it...)

Thats my rant
Jen

Back
Top Bottom