St Leonards Tenpin Club

millsn

The next monthly tournament for St Leonards Tenpin Club is Sunday 25 May,2008 at Fairfield Bowl. It is open to all bowlers. The format is six games total pinfall plus handicap. The handicap is 80% of 200. You earn positional points per month towards a top 16 matchplay final. Monthly prize fund is dependant on number of bowlers. Cost is $45 and this includes a raffle ticket for a meat tray or fruit box depending on month. Check in is at 9.45am bowl at 10am.
All are welcome hope to see you there.

This comp has to be without a doubt one of the best league/tournaments i have ever bowled in. i would recommend it highly to anyone. its a great format gives good exposure to those who want to bowl in a tournament for a reasonable cost.
It has some good names on the trophy too.;);););):thumbup:

This comp has to be without a doubt one of the best league/tournaments i have ever bowled in. i would recommend it highly to anyone. its a great format gives good exposure to those who want to bowl in a tournament for a reasonable cost.
It has some good names on the trophy too.;);););):thumbup:

Richard, I suppose yours is on there? That means my first name is on there! lol

There is 12 rounds, one a month, this weekend will be the third round as the season runs March to February.

It is called the St Leonards Tenpin Club because it is the old St Leonards Ladies Club that was bowled out of St Leonards bowl, when it was around.

To register you just turn up at Fairfield. There is a $15 joining fee which is paid once a year. All of the prize fund is returned to the bowlers 100% over the year.

Guess what? I have 5 bowlers coming in for ya! You should have shared this info earlier!

Neil, just to inform you that the 7 bowlers I rounded up are not coming tomorrow as we were told that new bowlers were not allowed to participate. Just as well we didnt just show up.

Robert i suggest you talk to the people at fairfield bowl then because when we had bowlers there on the saturday that asked about this they were told in no uncertain terms that under no circumstances were any new bowlers allowed in this tournament and atleast 8 of us were going to show up on the day so thanks to fairfield bowl you were 8 bowlers short who were definetly going to go and bowl on the morning, that also adds up to a lot of extra prize fund thrown away because of Fairfield Bowl staff telling us we were not allowed to bowl in this tournament as it was like ID on saturdays and no new bowlers were allowed now.

I think you need to talk to whoever is running this and get everyone on the same page as we were all dissapointed that we could not bowl, in fact 3 bowlers changed plans to go to this and then were told on saturday don't bother turning up.

To say i was not happy about this was an understatement. Asi i said please get everyone on the same page so this sort of thing does not happen in the future.

Also Peter is right the majority of us that were going to bowl have now made a committment to bowl the sports series on that day so unfortunately we will not be in a position to go to the next one but please get everyone on the same page because really this is very poor form by the bowling alley to tell us not to come when you and others are telling us to turn up, who are we supposed to believe.

Michael Mclaren

Robert i suggest you talk to the people at fairfield bowl then because when we had bowlers there on the saturday that asked about this they were told in no uncertain terms that under no circumstances were any new bowlers allowed in this tournament and atleast 8 of us were going to show up on the day so thanks to fairfield bowl you were 8 bowlers short who were definetly going to go and bowl on the morning, that also adds up to a lot of extra prize fund thrown away because of Fairfield Bowl staff telling us we were not allowed to bowl in this tournament as it was like ID on saturdays and no new bowlers were allowed now.
I think you need to talk to whoever is running this and get everyone on the same page as we were all dissapointed that we could not bowl, in fact 3 bowlers changed plans to go to this and then were told on saturday don't bother turning up.
To say i was not happy about this was an understatement. Asi i said please get everyone on the same page so this sort of thing does not happen in the future.
Also Peter is right the majority of us that were going to bowl have now made a committment to bowl the sports series on that day so unfortunately we will not be in a position to go to the next one but please get everyone on the same page because really this is very poor form by the bowling alley to tell us not to come when you and others are telling us to turn up, who are we supposed to believe.
Michael Mclaren

The management at the bowl are not the people who run this great tournament. Fairfield is merely the host centre. Rather than speaking to the centre you should have sent a private message to the tournament director neil. In his original post he did state to register you just had to turn up and pay your $15 dollar joining fee. You guys who didnt turn up would no doubt have missed a great mornings worth of bowling.

I am sure we did Richard, just stating the facts though and i think the tournament director should have words with the centre, not that it matters because they are shutting soon anyway and probably could not give a flying anyway.

Just pretty poor form i must say on behalf of fairfield to tell us don't bother showing because you are not allowed to bowl, wouldn't you say richard.

By the way mate i am not having a shot at the guys who are running this just wanted to bring to there attention that the host centre for that morning told us don't turn up because you are not allowed to bowl.

I was looking forward to having a bowl but what is done is done, lets hope it does not happen again.

Michael

Ok, I have returned from ACT and I see we had ourselves a misunderstanding.

I would have PMed Neil, but being on a Saturday night when I found out that Fairfield said we couldn't bowl, I posted my point up in this thread. Obviously Neil wasn't online Saturday night, so we couldn't have possibly known that he was running the tournament, not AMF Fairfield. It's a shame we missed out, but it's obvious that nobody is on the same wavelength these days.

Sorry, but none of our group can make it on the 22nd of June as we are all doing Sport Series in AMF Blacktown that morning. Either you can rescedule it, or we have to miss out again. With other championships, Darrell Holt and the TBA National Championships coming up, it's doubtful we can really have a chance making the finals anyway, but don't count us out just yet.

Neil, please let us know the dates, and i'm sure we can make a trip down for a fun Sunday morning.

Back
Top Bottom