St Leonards Tenpin Club 2011/12

delahro

Hi,

The new season for the St Leonards Tenpin Club starts this Sunday 27th March at Villawood Bowl. It is open to all bowlers, male and female.
The season consists of 12 monthly tournaments running from March to February. The format for these monthly tournaments is six games total pinfall plus handicap. The handicap is 80% of 210. You then earn positional points each month towards a matchplay final. The monthly prize fund is dependant on the number of bowlers on the day. Also this season I'm looking to run a separate mens and womens competition. The cost per tournament remains at $45 and this includes a raffle ticket for a meat tray or fruit box depending on the month. Check in is at 9.00am, bowl at 9.30am.
There is a one off membership fee for the season of $15.

Once again AMF NSW North Regional Office has donated $1000 towards this seasons finals prize fund.

Check-in 9:15am for a planned 9:30am start. For the first tournament the check-in will be 9:00am to allow time to register any new members.

Dates for the tournaments are:
March 27th
April 24th
May 29th
June 26th
July 31st
August 28th
September 25th
October 30th
November 27th
December 18th
January 29th
February 26th
March 11th (Finals)

Hope to see you there.

Robert Delahoy

Can we just join this on the day? What do we need to bring for our handicap average?

Thanks

Ryan

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in replying, havn't had a chance to log in. Yes you can join on the day. Average to be used is your highest league avarage on 21 games or more.

Robert.

Hi,
Results of the March tournament attached. Congratulations Rodney Kitley for winning the first tournament of the new season. 2nd place was Shawn O'Hara and 3rd place was Samantha Edwards.
Welcome to new members; Samantha Edwards, Janice Edwards, Jim Denne and Ryan Uy.
Members have voted to retain a combined Mens & Womans competition with the handicap to be 80% of 220.

Apologies; next tournament had to be rescheduled from April 24th to May 1st.

Hope to see you there.
regards
Robert.

Attachments

• March_2011.pdf
    55 KB · Views: 54
I hope to see alot more new members and alot of former members return, such as myself. See you May 1st!

Who's ready for tomorrow? Hope to see 30+ bowlers at this one guys! I'll be there with a few recruits!

Should be a fun morning! Hope anyone who's interested shows up for a great fun morning at bowling!

See you all there! :)

Hi,
Results of April tournament and current points standings attached. Nice bowling by Robert Alston on finishing first averaging 248 and high game of 289. Second place went to Jim Denne and third place to Shawn O'Hara.

Next round is on May 29th.

Hope to see you there,

Robert.

Attachments

• April_2011.pdf
    56.6 KB · Views: 35
29th May? Count me in, i'll join up this year, I only bowled one event last year, and didn't end up coming back for me, due to a hectic schedule... But I enjoyed the event, and look forward to bowling more of them this year... Still at Villawood is it? Put me down for the 29th May.... How much is the membership & round costs again, could somebody please advise?

29th May? Count me in, i'll join up this year, I only bowled one event last year, and didn't end up coming back for me, due to a hectic schedule... But I enjoyed the event, and look forward to bowling more of them this year... Still at Villawood is it? Put me down for the 29th May.... How much is the membership & round costs again, could somebody please advise?

Hi,
Yes it is still at Villawood. Cost is $15 annual membership and $45 per tournament.

regards,
Robert

Hi Again,
May tournament results and points leader-board attached. Congratulations to Gavin Jones for finishing in 1st place, 2nd to Michael Marker and 3rd to Peter Prince.
Also nice bowling by Rodney Kitley for bowling a 300 game in game 5.

Next event is on June 26th.

regards,
Robert

Attachments

• May_2011.pdf
    46.8 KB · Views: 32
Hi Again,
June tournament results and points leader-board attached. Congratulations to Gavin Jones for placing 1st, 2nd to Robert Alston and 3rd to Samantha Edwards. Some high games with Robert Alston bowling a 297 in his first game and Gavin Jones with a 300 in his fifth game.

Next event is on July 31st.

regards,
Robert

Attachments

• June_2011.pdf
    46.2 KB · Views: 38
I have the master plan and hopefully it come across as a gret idea
As per discussion with yourself Rob Marcel and Meg including others it has come accross that people are not liking the idea for paying their entry to see it go towards the higher ave bolwers
This will hopefully bring everyone to a (hopefully) a level playing field,we need to scrap the h/cap side of things and introduce lets say your Ave as par instead of the 200 mark,in saying that you will see everyone bowling to beat themselves and not each other in retrospect,,a bowler that has a ave of 209 entering will have to beat his ave to recieve the plus or negative scoring ie he shoots a 205 he/she will recieve a -4 for that game saying that a bowler with a 170 that bowls a 200 will recieve +30 and the list goes on yada yada...this will eliminate the higher bowlers recieving a plus before they start the day with a 215 will usually shoot a +90 day and theres h/cap to be included so its not really fair to the lower aves,,,,

in saying that you will probly have to revert to the current finals layout 200 being par and + or - for whatever you shoot plus bonus pins recieved or have to work somethink else out that is easy to calculate

this will well what seem on paper have more rotation in prize money won by people and not just goin to the same people all the time
then it comes down to averages they should be calculated every 2 or 3 months ??? (we are a monthly tournament)
but cannot increase by 10 or more so pins every time these are recalculated and therefore cannot decrease by the same number over the given time in saying that after 3 events you will maybe have one good event one bad event and one on par unless your names robbie and wont stop till his ave is 270 and above,,your ave shouldnt move by much up or down

these are my thoughts,to be read with an open mind and feed back will be greatly accepted

Thanks,Gavin

Well done Gavin on your 300 game! About time in St. Leonards!

For this suggested new rule, I suggest we have a meeting and vote at the July event just after checkin or have the secretary email all the members asking to vote (with a deadline to reply by) before the next event.

I'm up for beating your average. Makes you have to bowl better, which in the end, is an even playing field.

Thanks Richardo

I'm up for beating your average. Makes you have to bowl better, which in the end, is an even playing field.[/QUOTE]

the problem/idea has been brought forward from some members that are looking at staying home and using the moneys towards better use,not just giving it away.
its something that does need to be looked at fast,but i think however you do it a h/cap system will not work for the lower ave bowlers nor will a negative h/cap for the higher bowlers it will piss ppl off and wont return,but when it come down to your ave on the day if you can better it well you should be rewarded !!

ive looked at the previous months and the results are very close and what looks like 1 or 2 pins each way in it
if you look lets say Ricky andrews results in the first 3 block of the june event he was something like +60 above average but with h/cap he was only +90 ish to roberts +222 after 3 now do you say to yourself lets go i can catch him or just give in and become a number ?????

Back
Top Bottom