St Leonards Tenpin Club 2011/12

At 80% of 220 the par is already 120 over for your 6 games. Bowl 20 over your average on the day and cash. That is what Robbie did and it is harder for a scratch bowler to do that than a sub 190 bowler. What do people want? Improve your games and earn it.

Well said Neil. Whilst I think there was merit in Gavin's idea, I still don't think it would've changed anything, bowlers who bowl above their average, regardless of average, in a tournament with 80% of 220, will cash, full stop.

Hi,
July results and points standings attached. Congratulations to Ricky Andrews on placing 1st, 2nd to Robert Alston and 3rd to Andrew Magill. Next tournament will be on August 28th.

Regards
Robert.

Attachments

• July_2011.pdf
    46.9 KB · Views: 24
Hi,
August results and points standings attached. Nice bowling to Janice Edwards to finish First, second place to Marcel Sleiman and third place to Lorraine Hazelwood. High of the day was Marcel with 275.
Next tournament is on September 25th.

regards,
Robert.

Attachments

• August_2011.pdf
    45.9 KB · Views: 19
Hi again,
September Tournament results and Points Leader-board attached. First place was Daniel Prince, second place to Leonard Palumbo and third place to Richard Palma. Next tournament will be held
on October 30th.

regards,
Robert

Attachments

• September_2011.pdf
    46.4 KB · Views: 33
Hi,
Results of October tournament and season standings attached. Nice bowling by Margaret Abdilla to finish in 1st place, 2nd place to Phillip Simnett and 3rd place to Paul Woodberry. Next tournament will be on November 27th.

Regards,
Robert

Attachments

• October_2011.pdf
    46.7 KB · Views: 24
Hi Guys,

I just want to throw this out there. I'd love to see this tournament travel alittle. I think it would open itself to new bowlers and get us away from bowling at the same centre every month. Just an idea, thats all. Dont get me wrong, I love bowling at AMF Villawood! AMF Sponsors it, so I dont think it would hurt to have some rounds at AMF Rooty Hill RSL, AMF Blacktown, AMF North Strathfield and AMF MacArthur.

What do others think?

Hi,
Results for the November Tournament and Points Standings attached. Nice bowling by Ecky Liem to finish in 1st place, 2nd place to Darryl Burton and 3rd place to Leon Bennarto. High game for the day was a 279 in the 6th game by Darryl Burton.

Next tournament will be on December 18th. There will be a Christmas lunch on completion of the tournament, those staying for lunch we ask to pay an extra $5 to help cover some of the cost.

see you at the next tournament
Robert

Attachments

• November_2011.pdf
    47.1 KB · Views: 15
Hi Richard,
Yes I was thinking about that today too! I will bring it up at the next next tournament.

Robert

Hi Guys,

I just want to throw this out there. I'd love to see this tournament travel alittle. I think it would open itself to new bowlers and get us away from bowling at the same centre every month. Just an idea, thats all. Dont get me wrong, I love bowling at AMF Villawood! AMF Sponsors it, so I dont think it would hurt to have some rounds at AMF Rooty Hill RSL, AMF Blacktown, AMF North Strathfield and AMF MacArthur.

What do others think?

Hi Again,
Results for the December tournament and Points Standings attached. Nice bowling by Shawn O'Hara to finish in 1st place, just 13 pins behind in 2nd place was Brian Whaites and 3rd place was Jessica Jones.

Next Tournament to be held on January 29th.

The February tournament is set to be held on on the 26th. Some bowlers had mentioned to me they thought there was another tournament on the same day at Villawood. I have checked with centre management; according to their booking system we are the only tournament in the system for 26/02/2012 at Villawood. So until further notice the date will remain unchanged.

To everyone I wish you happy & safe holiday season. See you in the New Year.

regards,
Robert.

Attachments

• December_2011.pdf
    45 KB · Views: 31
Hi Robert & St Leonards Club Bowlers.

The February date for St Leonards Club is still the 26th as per schedule. We have "Holt Rolloffs" booked in for the Saturday 25th February so not to clash with "St Leonards Tournament".

Robert can you please give me a call at the centre Ph 9726 2933 on friday ( if you see thread before then ) if not.

I have left 2012/2013 tender document with Linda for January 29th Sunday's Tournament and also the request for 2011/2012 sponsorship payment to be signed......

any queries please give me a call or email me your phone contact to [email protected] and i will give you a call.

cheers for now

Stephen Warren
AMF Villawood Manager
:woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump:

Hi Robert & St Leonards Club Bowlers.

The February date for St Leonards Club is still the 26th as per schedule. We have "Holt Rolloffs" booked in for the Saturday 25th February so not to clash with "St Leonards Tournament".

Robert can you please give me a call at the centre Ph 9726 2933 on friday ( if you see thread before then ) if not.

I have left 2012/2013 tender document with Linda for January 29th Sunday's Tournament and also the request for 2011/2012 sponsorship payment to be signed......

any queries please give me a call or email me your phone contact to [email protected] and i will give you a call.

cheers for now

Stephen Warren
AMF Villawood Manager
:woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump:

Thanks Stephen,
As per our phone conversation the only change to this year's dates would be September 30th to be moved to September 23rd due to Labour Day long weekend.

Robert

Hi,
Results for the January tournament attached. Nice bowling to Brian Whaites finishing in 1st place, 2nd was Lorraine Hazelwood and 3rd place to Roslyn Kirkland.

The 12th and final tournament will be on February 26th and the Bowler of the Year final will be on March 11th.

Regards,
Robert

Attachments

• January_2011.pdf
    56.6 KB · Views: 34
Hi,
Results for the February tournament attached. Nice bowling by Ricky Andrews winning the last tournament for this season. 2nd place was a tie between Robbie Alston & Jessica Jones.

Bowler-of-the-year finals
Top 16 for the Finals on March 11 are;
BRIAN WHAITES, PAUL WOODBERRY, PETER PRINCE, LORRAINE HAZELWOOD, MEG ABDILLA, DARRYL BURTON, SHAUN O'HARA, RICKY ANDREWS, NICHOLAS LIEM, ROBERT ALSTON, LEONARD PALUMBO, JIM DENNE, GAVIN JONES, MARCEL SLEIMAN, RICHARD MALCOLM, ECKY LIEM

First five reserves should one or more of the top 16 are unable to compete are;
RYAN UY, JESSIE CHONG, RICHARD PALMA, EILEEN EGAN, ROSLYN KIRKLAND

Check-in will be 9:00am sharp, commence bowling at 9:15. If you arrive late first available reserve will be called take your place.

regards,
Robert.

Attachments

• February_2011.pdf
    44.6 KB · Views: 20
I would like to wish the tournament all future success, I hope to see it become much more succesful and more roving one day.

Congratulations to all finalists, good luck and high scoring!

I will see some of you around in other tournaments, championships or leagues :)

Congratulations to Robbie Alston on winning the Match-play finals. 2nd place to Leonard Palumbo and 3rd place to Shaun O'Hara. Highest place of the ladies was Lorraine Hazelwood in 6th place. Some high games were scored, of note were Robbie Alston with 300 & 276 and Leonard Palumbo 278.

Thanks to Ron Abdilla, Marg Ward and Eileen Egan for helping with collecting the score sheets during the day and thanks also to the AMF Villawood staff for the assistance during the day and for the past 12 months.

Special thanks also AMF New South Wales regional office for the ongoing support.

New season to will be starting in two weeks on March 25th. Details will be posted soon.

Regards,
Robert

Attachments

• 2011-12_Matchplay_finals.pdf
    93.5 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom