Northern NSW Open

Hi Guys,
Here is a the pattern for the weekend.
We have timber lanes, so the pattern length is not a problem. When practicing you could play anywhere from down about 7 or 8 to inside a bit through 15 with a bit of swing area. That was on fresh,so I imagine that towards the end of each squad they should open up a bit.
Regards
James
God, I should have skipped SPC for this...

They are still bowling squads before the cut is reached but I do know that the Greek God out shined the rest with a 300 last night, and to top that off he sits in the lead with a massive 253 average.

I would like to thank James, Fiona and all the Staff at Holiday Lanes for all the hard work they put in to make the open a great event.

Also congratulations to George on winning the event for the 3rd year in a row and for his 29th 300 game bowled during qualifying on Saturday night.

I look forward to next years event.

Dave

Hi All,

Thanks to all who made the effort to come and bowl in the Northern NSW Open, if you missed it, you missed a great event.

We didn't make our minimum numbers but still managed to pay the advertised prize fund, which was a great. I am sure all those that bowled appreciated it.

Next year we will be looking to change the date so that it does not clash with the NRL or AFL Grand final, but more on that soon.

George bowled a great 300 during his second attempt at qualifiying, which is only the second 300 in the centres 25 year history. In an earlier squad a local bowler Michelle Clarke set the mood with a nerve racking front 10, but unfortunately missed left on the 11th shot and ended up with 287.

The format worked well even with a low number of entries, no one wanted to risk not making the final so most had 2 attempts at it.

So thanks again to all and we hope to see you again next year.

Regards
James

Yes it was definately a great weekend of bowling. The atmosphere and warmth felt in the centre was a pleasant change from Brisbane suburbian centers. And next year we will bring more bowlers down with us.

Paul___________

James the pleasure was all mine. I can't harp on enough about this event, its a great bowl, dedicated staff and a fun event to bowl. The money was paid out even with decreased entries, I think with a change to next years date can only result in more numbers.

As for the perfecto, whilst it was my 29th :D and my only 300 in an odd lane centre.

Whilst I've bowled a few now the faces on some of the locals was priceless, I'm glad I could finish it off, I'm sure they wont forget it, neither will I. It's a good feeling getting back to the roots of bowling, some country centres just have a feel about them that the city centres dont.

I can't wait for next years event, should be fantastic. Well done on hosting another great event James and family, see you at a tournament soon no doubt.

G

well done george hope to see you in canberra and do it there on the wet lanes
lol

James the pleasure was all mine. I can't harp on enough about this event, its a great bowl, dedicated staff and a fun event to bowl. The money was paid out even with decreased entries, I think with a change to next years date can only result in more numbers.
As for the perfecto, whilst it was my 29th :D and my only 300 in an odd lane centre.
Whilst I've bowled a few now the faces on some of the locals was priceless, I'm glad I could finish it off, I'm sure they wont forget it, neither will I. It's a good feeling getting back to the roots of bowling, some country centres just have a feel about them that the city centres dont.
I can't wait for next years event, should be fantastic. Well done on hosting another great event James and family, see you at a tournament soon no doubt.
G

so your not retiring George:D

To James and family and Staff,

Thankyou very much for a great tourniment it was a pitty we did not have more bowlers, the quality of bowlers was high,

I personnaly would like to thank you and your lovely wife on your greqt hospitality to me.

Well done to George it was a pleasure to bowl against you, I can't wait until next year.

Thankyou James.

Cheers,
David Rosser

in the Greek gods defence, isn't there a post somewhere else on this forum - (maybe his interview), where he says that he will retire from rep bowling in 2006, tournament bowling in 2007, and be retired in 2008?;)

Hi James,
Terribly sorry but due to a (minor) family drama Daan won't be able to make it to Coffs. And we were soooooooo looking forward to the weekend...
I'd like to wish everybody bowling the tournament: have a GREAT time!
I almost don't dare saying it anymore but... hopefully next year.

Back
Top Bottom