Northern Bowl Tournament

hulk290

Hi All,
My Name (for Those who dont know me) is Jonathan Hurley, I currently work at Northern Bowl Corrimal and am thinking of trying to run the first tournament this center has held in years.
I am posting this thread to see what the interest is like for bowlers to bowl and also any rules and regs i have to follow to hold this tourney. I am a beginner so please excuse any mistakes or assumptions.
The format and Prize fund i am considering are as follows:
Based off of 40 bowlers
Round 1: 10 Games Qualifying total scratch pinfall Top 16 cut
Round 2: 8 Games Qualifying Total Pinfall (Pinfall From Round 1 Doesn't Carry Over) top 8 Cut
Round 3: 7 Games Matchplay, with 20 pins bonus for win, 10 pins draw
I dont know whether to have a stepladder final four or not any comments would be appreciated
Payind down to 12th
1st: 1000
2nd: 600
3rd: 400
4th: 300
5th: 250
6th: 250
7th: 200
8th: 200
9th: 170
10th: 170
11th: 150
12th: 150
With the entry fee being about $170
As this is just in the sketch stage any input or interest would be greatly appreciated we run a great bowl over here with tip top lanes and approaches and i would love to see them used to thier full potential.

Thanks and lets try to support the SPORT of bowling

J.

I'll bowl
Stephen Cowland.

Can we have a squad listing please... :p:p

No, seriously now, it's good to see some more tournaments popping up. Come on down ad support it. It can only help the sport grow.

Later Da Cowman!

It sounds like a good tournament structure and i would be interested in bowling in it but i will reserve my acceptance to bowl in this until there are dates for when this will happen.

Go down there regularly to watch the dragons play anyway so another trip would be nice but let us know when it is going to take place so as i can make sure i am not double booking myself, there is nothing worse than saying you will bowl and then not being able to because of clashes.

Michael Mclaren
Tickets for short lol

Same here, I would love to bowl, so long as the dates don't clash with other committments.

One suggestion date wise, would be later on in the year. We are kinda saturated (not that I'm complaining) with events at the moment over the next few months, so a september(ish) time might be better as there isn't much going on at that time of year.

Otherwise, love the format. I think with a format and reasonable entry fee like you have you should get the 40 you need.

i dont mind the fortmat looks good,

only little thing i see is if you make squad 2 but in the bottom four then u miss out on money, any way you could make it pay 16 seeing last squad is 8 bowlers but you are paying 4 from squad 2?

i would bowl it and there is about 5 people from canberra i know i could bring up with me to bowl as well we would just need a date

A couple of suggestions:

Pay down to 16th if possible. That way everyone who cuts also cashes.
Carry over pinfall all the way through.

It looks good though and I'd definitely be in if it doesn't clash with anything.

hey jono, how are ya mate?

So long as im free ill be there sounds interesting and its good to see.

Catch ya later,

Craigy.

Update

At the moment i am trying to get better lineage so i can pay down to 16th and talking with management on what dates are better for the center

J.

Well i have just have an chat with the management of the bowl and i haqve found out that i can have the center for a sunday so i need to restrict the number of games played so i am trying to cut the price down to about $100 with the first round of 40 bowlers bowling 10 games each then cutting down to 8 with 7 games matchplay witn the prize fund going down to 12th

Any Ideas would help, i am thinking about having an early squad on sat morning then another on sunday morning so i can keep the original format but it doesnt look likley.

According to the TBA webiste, the centre is currently un-resgistered. Will the centre be registered before this event takes place?

OK Guys the new format that i have in mind is

Entry Fee 130 Per Bowler
Round One:

40 bowlers play 10 games qualifying

Cut down to top 8

Top 8 bowlers bowl 7 games matchplay

Prize Fund As follows
1 700
2 500
3 300
4 250
5 200
6 200
7 150
8 150
9 130
10 130
11 110
12 100

In regards to the question of registering the bowl i am not sure, however the tournament isnt going to be registered with the TBA because the of fees but i will have to investigate the whole honor score thing and i will have to post again as soon as i find out.

I will start taking names as soon as i find out a date that doesnt clash with any other tournaments running. I hope the new format doesnt lose interest as i really want this tournament to run.

J.

Wow, a tournament at Northern Bowl. Sounds great! I've been there 3 times in the 1 year I've been bowling for, and I tell you, for a old centre, its pretty hip. Synthetic lanes are great, but since I've gotten better, I havent had much of a chance to bowl there.

Keep this tournament fresh in everyones mind, you will get your max bowlers. It may even run better than the Sports Series in Campbelltown. Nothing against Cowman! He's doing a good job.

Richard Palma

sounds good me and my son will bowl there is probably a few more that will bowl from bathurst

thanks
Rob & Nathaniel

Not Yet i am making sure nothing is happening on the date that i would like to have it on, probably within the next 2 months

You might find that the elite bowlers that look to or are representing Australia & their state will not be able to bowl if the centre and tournament are not registered with the TBA.

It states that bowlers looking at representing their state and country cannot participate in an un-registered centre or tournament.

Just to update you with holding the tournament.

Another note would be to have carry-over pinfall for the whole tournament.

Cheers,
Christian

Hi all sorry for the delay in response i still haven't got a set date from the boss yet but we are now registered with the TBA so it is a step in the right direction

Ok some of you might have heard some of you might not have but Northern Bowl
is shutting its doors for good at the end of June so the tournament has been officially canceled sorry all but thats how it is.

J.

Back
Top Bottom