LIVE STREAMING - Yeah right!

The planets didn't align.

Get over it, TBA did their best.

If anyone can do better and guarantee it, stand up now, and offer.

I thought the whole event was superb, full marks TBA. Bring on 2011.

GB

People always have to criticize instead of putting together some positive input. there were some difficulties with Live streaming including the lateness of the Finals and some technical difficulties with computers.

TBA and CEO Cara Honeychurch are doing all in their power to promote Australian Tenpin Bowling onto the world stage. Live streaming was one that was to help the World view a International event.

No matter what happens in tenpin bowling in Australia there are always negative posts on TB. How about the arm chairs critics start looking at the positives of our great sport and posting them and congrats to people that make the positives happen.

Was certainly a great event,some rumors are flying around that it could be held at Rooty Hill next year as well? Can anyone verify the accuracy of that?
Also,for what reason couldnt the Tenpin Bowling Show film the final? I thought that would of been the obvious choice??
Cheers :)

Was certainly a great event,some rumors are flying around that it could be held at Rooty Hill next year as well? Can anyone verify the accuracy of that?
Also,for what reason couldnt the Tenpin Bowling Show film the final? I thought that would of been the obvious choice??
Cheers :)

I think the bowling show won't or can't show events held in AMF centres. There was a post some time ago about this but the details elude me. I'm sure someone from TBS could elaborate more.

As for the live streaming, I thought it was an innovative move on TBA's behalf to try this. Which unfortunately didn't work this time. I'm sure that they will iron out the bugs and have it sorted out for next time. I think they are still trying to do the right thing and show the final albeit late once they fix the problems. Even knowing the result now, I think it would still be a good final to watch.

Just out of interest... If 'the bowling show' had of been there and were able to record the event, would we have been watching it live or in 4 weeks time...

People always have to criticize instead of putting together some positive input. there were some difficulties with Live streaming including the lateness of the Finals and some technical difficulties with computers.

TBA and CEO Cara Honeychurch are doing all in their power to promote Australian Tenpin Bowling onto the world stage. Live streaming was one that was to help the World view a International event.

No matter what happens in tenpin bowling in Australia there are always negative posts on TB. How about the arm chairs critics start looking at the positives of our great sport and posting them and congrats to people that make the positives happen.

Once again putting this back on track, my gripe was purely to do with the streaming as i have previously stated. Christian, wether you thinks its negative or call me an "armchair critic" lmao, thats your opinion, but the bottom line is that false expectation was created an it didnt eventuate.

I didnt bowl at the nationals this year for 2 reasons, 1 was a broken collar bone and 2, lack of cash, I have bowled in about 8 or 9 tourneys this year so I dont think that makes me an armchair critic somehow!

I am disappointed I wasnt bowling there and from all i have heard it is was a great event and everyone is very happy with the running of it, but this is a forum after all, and we are all entitled to our opinions on things and this was mine in relation to the streaming drama and i stand by it and everything i have said previously in this thread.

Simple as that. If you trying to jab at me in a roundabout way like that Christian, you will have to do a lot better next time. :)

wow...normally i stop myself from commenting when these somewhat contraversial posts start but my blood nearly boiled over when i read this one so i am going to say my two cents worth. Firstly i agree with every single word Mick Little wrote, and i echo his posts 100 percent. His posts could not be more accurate and i thank him for writing every single word of them because i sure as hell could not have said it with such clarity. So as it was said its an open forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion...well my opinion is that to attribute the Derrin Hinch Shame Shame Shame line to a live webcast streaming that unfortunately didnt go ahead, is a complete overreaction and i am not sure that an apology to TBA, for associating the connotation of that line with a streaming that unfortunately didnt go ahead, is not out of the question.
Wow the draw in this years AFL grand final was annoying as well..my first round of cricket for this year was cancelled...maybe i should tell them how shameful it was for them to allow a draw...and it rained in last weeks F1 Grand Prix and Webber hit the slippery white line and crashed out..gees F1 guys couldnt you have done something about the weather i was really looking forward to a dry race and hopefully seeing Webber drive every lap.
I think you get my drift so i will just finish by saying i truly believe we should be thanking TBA for even considering the concept in the first place and i hope they try it again because any advancement for the sport will truly benefit the game we love.

Glass Half Full

Paul Trotter

Once again putting this back on track, my gripe was purely to do with the streaming as i have previously stated. Christian, wether you thinks its negative or call me an "armchair critic" lmao, thats your opinion, but the bottom line is that false expectation was created an it didnt eventuate.

I didnt bowl at the nationals this year for 2 reasons, 1 was a broken collar bone and 2, lack of cash, I have bowled in about 8 or 9 tourneys this year so I dont think that makes me an armchair critic somehow!

I am disappointed I wasnt bowling there and from all i have heard it is was a great event and everyone is very happy with the running of it, but this is a forum after all, and we are all entitled to our opinions on things and this was mine in relation to the streaming drama and i stand by it and everything i have said previously in this thread.

Simple as that. If you trying to jab at me in a roundabout way like that Christian, you will have to do a lot better next time. :)

Not sure Christian is having a go at you as such

I think his comments are very fair and reasonable and his
point largely is , wouldnt it be nice to try to be a bit positive
for a change, Things are changing, slowly I grant you that

I think your dissappointment in the streaming not working
is also very fair

The comments bagging the TBA about this issue are not really
fair as they dont do the streaming themselves, the company
employed to do the job got it wrong and had the issues

The Nationals were , in my 41 years in the game, outstanding in every way
I would love to see them back at Rooty Hill ( Shaggers Ridge) again as the facilities are second to none in the country

On a side note Christian was outstanding making the All stars
in Rachuig this year

Cheers
Geoff

Back
Top Bottom