LIVE STREAMING - Yeah right!

tried getting on only to get a message
Due to technical difficulties, we have had to cancel the live streaming. We will broadcast the finals as a delayed telecast at 8pm AEDT.

i think you'll find it cost big money to get that on t.v

True,it does cost money for a TV event to happen,whether it be live or even delayed. However if you look at some of the programming on ONE HD for example surfing and they have a fishing show??? Who would fund the fishing show and they cant fund for a Tenpin Bowling event??

That's where it should be. Not streamed over the net. TBA Marketing need to get cracking and push to get that exposure and sell it to the networks and sell our sport as viable.

Like league, cricket etc etc, you have to get marketing people together and get the hard sell out there. Then some joy will come.

Streaming to the web is not brain surgery.
Gosh - some 'ladies' stream live on the web 24x7 - so it is obviously not that difficult.

Did they even test the live stream, before it was meant to be activated?

Have sponsors advertise next to/below the streaming window, to offset the cost - would be cost-neutral.
The possibility is that games run late, so stream from 2pm any way, just run the broadcast longer - make sure there is sponsors to cover the small additional cost.

Problem with 'good idea at the time' things - is just that.
When they dont work - you look like a dill.

Glen is right... there are some random sports on tv darts, table tennis... bowling because it is NEVER on aus tv would be a hit, i guarantee i would watch it everytime it is on.

Gosh - some 'ladies' stream live on the web 24x7 - so it is obviously not that difficult.

Have sponsors advertise next to/below the streaming window, to offset the cost - would be cost-neutral.
The possibility is that games run late, so stream from 2pm any way, just run the broadcast longer - make sure there is sponsors to cover the small additional cost.

Thats the clincher right there... no testing.

If they didnt expect to have so many people tune in... then dont send an email out to every tba member and plaster it on the tba website.

So Ok, the streaming fell into a heap. That's more than bad enough, surely? But no -- they seem now to have stopped posting the scores. I think it must be about an hour since the scores have been updated. COME ON !!!

Most common sense thing ive read here for a while, yet 1 of the funniest!

Exactly right Vaughn. "Ladies" stream all the time on the net tryin to make a buck! Sponsors could've offset the cost and provided a bigger bandwidth and better server, making it cost effective, even neutral as you say, now they look foolish and lose a great opportunity for great promotion of our sport.

All i can hope is the delayed cast at 8pm is recorded and runs smoothly.

I love the pba score updates... frame by frame... that would have been better than a failed stream i think.

Why is there no Australian ten pin broadcasted on any of the commercial or PAY tv networks?
I remember as a kid watching the coca-cola classic and thats what got me interested in the game.
It was very dissapionting to see not 1 of the television networks out at rooty hill. I competed in the restricted nationals and had a blast, shame there was no spectators there, we even made a special trip into Sunrise on the day before they started and spoke to Beretts (sports reader) about what was happening, he seamed interested and told us to send an email to him about the 3 week event. Not sure if that interst was legitt or just sarcasm cause nothing happened after that.
Come on TBA and Australian ten pin. We need to get our sport out there to the community and show em what a good time they will have.

Does anyone know what's happening. According to all I can get from TBA site, Paul and Carl have not even bowled one game yet. Same with womens final. I KNOW that can't be right........... but what is happening??????

It's Just come up 5:15 pm, I wonder when it actually happened ??

Its just updated Jim

Lynda Barnes has won the womens in 4 games.

Sam v Paul yet to start but the Paul V Carl scores have now been updated.

Stupid! I missed this because of the issues and delay, it said 8pm delayed and clicked on the page and it said 'event is now over'! WAT IS THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!

Was just about to ask the same thing. Have logged back on and no cigar.

My 8 year old is pretty disappointed, he has been nagging me for the last hour about watching it.......surely some explanation has to be forthcoming.

I am going to say this how terrible broadcasting sports in Australia generally. Its absolutely stupid and rubbish. It is way poor compared to USA and UK and even parts in Europe and ASIA. Now i am going to protest heavily for free sports in Australia and put up ten pin bowling up on Freeview. Im sure alot of young people will watch it, it will get them interested alot and get them to flock at our centres!

Now who want this to be protested against Gillard?

the Rachuig dinner is on now, so all responsible for the coverage I presume would be there??

Back
Top Bottom