LIVE STREAMING - Yeah right!

Jasonguru

gettin better!!!!!
Shame, shame, shame to TBA.

You advertise LIVE streaming of the masters starting on your website at 2:30pm AEDST, provide a mass press release that everybody in the world almost got and then when it comes to the crunch to deliver, let everyone down! Now it is being apparently set to commence at 4pm AEDST!

Why do such a thing?????

Have just come from spending some time in the chat window on the stream page and lots of people are not very happy. I don't mind so much missing it but what really cheeses me off is the false expectation that is created! If your are going to do something for somebody, no matter big or small, you back it up and come to the party. It is a standard and simple thing in life we would all be better off for if it were done more often but unfortunately......

Once again, shame on you TBA! Very disappointing.

I understand your frustration Jason. TBA have advertised the time of broadcast and I believe the delay in match time was unexpected.

Bowling is behind schedule due to alot of matches going to 5 games. This isn't the tba's fault.

I totally agree with ya jase.
I was on at 2PM to finalyy be able to watch some top class AUSTRALIAN bowling right in our own backyard, then it got set back to 2.30 and then 5 mins after that was informed that 4pm would be the time.
If you age going to advertise a live broadcast, please uphold your commitment.
Bowling in Australia get little or no coverage at all, over the 3 weeks from the restricted nationals there was not one sign of any media outlet, it's sad.

Yeah not ideal... but if you look at the email sent to everyone...

Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited has great pleasure in announcing that live coverage of the AMF Australian Masters finals will be available through live streaming on our website Saturday 30th October 2010.

They could have been more specific... finals? what exactly does that mean...? also there is not time on the email sent.

and this...

This is a significant step forward for the Sport of Tenpin Bowling in Australia, as this will be the first time in our Sports history that a major event will have live coverage. This project has been made possible
through funding from the NSW Department of Sport and Recreation & sponsors AMF Bowling Centres Australia and Tenpin Bowling Australia Ltd.

A significant step backwards is a 90 minute delay...

Learnings to come from this....

be specific with information given... eg dont give a time unless you can 100% stick to it... or advertise that the final 4 or 2 of both mens and womens will be streamed live upon commencment of final round.

Dont say 230pm and then at 230 say 3pm and then at 3pm say 4pm, that just makes people mad.

Im all for it and think its a positive but it was dissapointing to see that it turned into a bit of a farce.

Interesting thing is they have advertised 4pm. 3 of the 4 semi-finals are completed only one left. Are they going to change the time again or make the bowlers wait till 4pm instead

I totally agree with ya jase.
I was on at 2PM to finalyy be able to watch some top class AUSTRALIAN bowling right in our own backyard, then it got set back to 2.30 and then 5 mins after that was informed that 4pm would be the time.
If you age going to advertise a live broadcast, please uphold your commitment.
Bowling in Australia get little or no coverage at all, over the 3 weeks from the restricted nationals there was not one sign of any media outlet, it's sad.

This was the very reason behind my posting of this. Before giving outs to TBA or offering excuses think of this. There is no coverage of our sport in the TV medium, nothing really anywhere for that matter! Then this is created and not lived up to what is promised.

Maybe we wanted to see long matches, did anyone stop to think of that, to see anything rather than nothing at all!

Rest my case.

Interesting thing is they have advertised 4pm. 3 of the 4 semi-finals are completed only one left. Are they going to change the time again or make the bowlers wait till 4pm instead

its now 405pm in sydney bc....

They're only showing the final guys. Be patient. But then again you could of went there to watch it "Live" and be part of the show.

Ps Also with carl v Trotts these two do take their time on the lanes.

It's GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH LONG MATCHES.
People are obviously standing around waiting to bowl.

Why has EVERYTHING got to be " spun" these days. What's the matter with the truth???
Just tell us, honestly what's happening, AND WHY !!

Turn it up Tony! :)

Dont be so sympathetic to the TBA on this 1. They stated a time, went back on it, lose integrity and now dont cash in to the max the opportunity they had to promote our sport to the maximum.

Simple as that me thinks.

haha just got it now and it is crap. i have 1MB a sec speed (pretty rapid) of connection and it is struggling at the other end. jumps in and out.

so disappointing

Your right they are standing around.
Waiting on the match between Carl v Trotts to finish.
Like I had to stand around and wait for Trotts v ??? , to play the 2009 Australian Masters Final. I think it was about 30 mins.

TBA should be thanked for making the effort.

Like I had to stand around and wait for Trotts v ??? , to play the 2009 Australian Masters Final. I think it was about 30 mins.

I am with you Tony, could not agree more.

Grant

The strem just crashed... apology on bottom saying the telecast will be on at 8pm....

MASSIVE FAIL.

It has been a successful championships and its great to see great numbers turning up during this event.
However something like this should be live on Television,not live streaming on the internet,u have to remember that Australia are still way behind on internet speeds,and if you have a wireless connection it can make matters worse if your local phone tower is congested.
We had the coke classic on television many years ago,i cant work out why we cant get a TV Network out there and film this great event.

Back
Top Bottom