Walter De Veer Dropoff

Personal opinion for what it's worth:

As far as I'm concerned, there should only be 2 state teams. Juniors, and OPEN.

The other so called state teams (WDV and ATBSO) are for bowlers that are over the hill, or could never cut it anyway, and take the shine away from the true state teams.

Please send all hate mail to [email protected]

Yow!!! thats nasty even by my standards, its a wonder you didn't get off a shot at East Coast while you're at it.

Forum

Thanks for the info regarding the forum.
I will be there as I am lucky enough to be bowling De Veer for South Australia again this year.
We all need to encourage all bowlers to the forum to have their say. It is a positive move so lets take the plunge and be there for the sake of the future of Walter De Veer.

Pam T. :multi: :multi: :multi: :multi: :multi:

Walter De Veer

Happy said:

The other so called state teams (WDV and ATBSO) are for bowlers that are over the hill, or could never cut it anyway, and take the shine away from the true state teams.

Your opinion is granted

But I would like too see some of the top class bowlers go up against some of the ATBSO bowlers you might get a BIG SHOCK they all bowl scratch aswell just the age is different.

This is the trouble too many us and them all the time and not enough of BEING ALL ONE which would solve alot of the numbers at trails for each state being so low in all grades.

The more people to except this the problem will not go away.

Regards
PaceQc

Happy said:

Nice one Happy - ATBSO ONLY has a few hundred members, and I am sure we are all above that sort of comment - even at our age!!

I now have a short list of "over the hill" bowlers who are more than willing to take you out on the lanes at any time. You are forgetting that bowling is for everyone not just the hot shots, Queensland has over 100 "old farts" who turn up every month to bowl in a tournament, and some of them have 200+ averages.
If we dared to say "junior state teams should not be allowed because they are largely immature and cant cut it yet" we would deserve to receive a lot of flack. ATBSO and WDV have been around a very long time and are an institution. :twisted:

We "WDV and ATBSO" bowlers may well be over the hill or unable to cut it, as far as "Happy" is concerned, yet has he (or she) considered the fact that the majority of tournaments are filled AND THE PRIZEFUND BOLSTERED by the likes of us, and I have yet to see a tournament director refuse to take our money and deny us entry because we are not good enough or too old to handle more than 3 games in a row [-X .

Broni (not over the hill yet) and Jagga (I am, but who cares?!)Morgan :wink:

errr, were 4 posts really needed (even though they were double posts), hit the submit button once!

Forgive me if im wrong, but even with the reduced average cutoff's, they still arent bowling off scratch ?

I only hit it once!!!!!!!!
I find that when i submit i here 2 click's it was not intended to put that many post's. :oops:
Gary.

It just happened again :oops: and think i know why if this only has one reply i now know what i have done wrong :oops:

Gary.

Good new's on the forum see you all in Melbourne and let's see what happens =D>

Gary..........

Back
Top Bottom