Junior Shield 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly: Please quote me when you submit try hard posts about things I have posted.

Second: I have actually never said that we would win. I have just stated that we have quite a strong team, along with sunshine, highpoint and keon park.

Third: Anything posted by myself, chris castle, brett hughes, jason may, or anyone else bowling in shield i am assuming has been, and always will be in a fun, and in a competitive spirit, not to put anyone else down, but to awaken little competitions within the most FUN tournament around.

Fourth: stay out of it, its not your say what I or anyone else can or can't post, and if you have a problem with me please say so to my face. Is it because i am not bowling for northcote this year perhaps? or just that you have nothing else better to do?

Fifth: yes i did most probably throw those sort of games in practise, not that actually matters, but the way i was taught how to practise was not to keep track of scoring, but to practise lines, angles, hand positions and shots that are out of your comfort zones.

In all seriousness get a life! I am sorry that I don't spend all my time at the northcote lanes to learn how to play them as well as you do. By the way aren't you a straight bowler? how could you learn how to play the lanes? just chuck it down the middle.

probably the best way to play northcote anyways.

In the future learn to think before you open your mouth, i am not a pushover as you may have previously thought.

Now I have another purpose to throw really well at shield, and I am going to work really hard before it comes up just to try and shut your mouth, altho i realise that that will never happen.

Peace out...

Andrew Tonkin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well said tonx it really dosen't matter what u bowl in practice cause it's only practice u practice stuff that u haven't down before so shut ur mouth tania i bowl 150's in practice cause i'm trying different stuff i think everyone could back me up on this like jason may could tonx and brett hughes could back me unless ur ryan burton and practice left handed what a dick knob he is

Andrew,

Firstly let me just say that practice does count unless you practice just to waste money... if you are so good at northcote why turn your back on them the way you have...

Personally i think any team is better off having bowlers that aren't me me me people like yourself... i happen to know for a fact that you asked to be dropped for the final game in shield last year in order to big note yourself and make the all star team and guess what it didn't make a difference you still missed anyway...

I can't wait till you are eligible next year to bowl with the big boys because the s**t that is dribbling from you now will soon disappear unless you think you can match it with the likes of Mac Stewart, Paul Trotter, Stephen Bell etc....

It is all well and good to have fun between people as you claim you, chris, jason and others are doing but those guys can back it up... can you when it counts on wooden lanes in december...

As i am associated with certain members of the boys team let me just inform you that there is a waiting list of people wanting to bowl against you and finally put a sock in it because they like myself are sick of the backstabbing you have done in recent times...

Let me finish by wishing you all the best for junior shield you are going to need it... just imagine what i could write if you hapopen to have an "off" weekend...

Kindest Regards,

Not Tania but another ticked off "loyal" northcote bowler :D :D :D :D :D :D

OK who ever u are just shut up keep ur mouth closed tonkin may have a big mouth but not as big as urs but i also changed from center to center which was from chadstone to forest hill so who cares who u are or where u bowl dosen't matter i moved cause forest hill actually treat some bowlers with respect chadstone is just poo

Over and Out,

Cheers Castle

Mr Castle,

Let me start by saying i for one don't have a problem with bowlers who "jump" as you put it from center to center... it is mearly a reply to a personally dig at a close friend and what Mr Tonkin said was nothing more than childish and is showing the level of maturity that we have all become accustomed to with him...

I have no problem with you, jason, brett or anyone else previously mentioned but do with people who take unrequired digs at people over a forum viewed by a range of different people... while i am not defending "teaznu" i like many are sick of the crap dished out by people who lower themselves to becoming pathetic backstabbers to afraid to do it in person...

I have seen you and "tonx" bowl and while you both have ability to bowl andrew appears to be the only one big noting himself just because he bowled there for a few years.

I don't personally care if any of you wish to abuse me through this forum for my opinion... i'm not going to get as worked up as the rest of you.

See ya later

Shorty

sorry to burst your bubble tania, but that fact was that i actually wanted to bowl the last game for shield and i actually did bowl it. it was against luke pocock, and i happened to beat him (sorry luke but u bowled really bad that game.) If i am not mistaken, i believe that i was one of the first bowlers last year to lose my voice from cheering my team on, so that to me doesn't seem that i am a me me me bowler.

in reply to richofanclub, please add your real name to posts it makes them mean a fair bit more meaningful. i have never actaully had a problem with tania before the post that she made against me, and really thought that she has never had a problem with me, but posting those sort of posts are quite backstabbing, not any action that i have fortaken, and as a matter of fact i am going to confront the people involved asap to find out exactly what their problem is.

in reply to the people that are saying that i am 'big noting' myself because i bowled there for a couple of years, that post was entirely made in fun, (as noted by the lol- lots of laughs) and not actually meant to talk myself up as some people think.

I think everyone can have a bad week/month/year in sport itself, and if i bowl badly on the weekend (which is still ages away) I will walk away knowing that i bowled my best on the day(s) I will still be cheering on the forrest hill team (not just the guys but the girls as well.)

I don't actually think that i have turned my back on northcote. The reason that I moved over to forrest hill was the fact that the league they offered fitted in with my work hours, in which i work late most week nights. I also go down to practise almost every week down at northcote, not just for the training, but also to catch up with stefan and nathan, as well as whoever else i may get to see down there. Does that sound like I am turning my back on the centre?

In regards to bowling next year with the (big boys) I absolubtly love it. why do you think that i bowl all the tournaments that i can afford each year? I bowled aus open knowing perfectly well that there was no chance of me making the cut, yet I did it for the experience and really enjoyed it. Steve Bell, trotts and mac are all champions and if i achieve even half of what they have ever achieved in the world of bowling I will be more than satisfied, and I look forward to hopefully bowling more and more with these calibre of bowlers.

On a lighter (AND MORE FUN) note if there is any more teams that have been decided please feel free to post them. Its great to hear the other teams that are compete.

Andrew Tonkin.

Hey Tonx. :roll:

I know first hand what it is like to have people have their about something they have either misunderstood, misread and from just plain having to have their say. As you are well aware from the postings about Felicity.

I agree with you in the fact that you are only as good as the ball you bowl down the lane, ( in my case the bad balls i bowl) and the fact that people don't read the whole story or misread the story b4 they jump in.

But in the long run no matter how any of you bowl, and no matter if you make the all star team as long as you have done your best on the day then NO - ONE can ask any more of you.

I only hope that when i go to watch my daughter bowl that this does not turn into a slinging match as that is no good for the bowlers who are new to this kind of competition and it then becomes a deterant. This is a competition for juniors and as such should be treated that way because if kids are not allowed to have fun then what is the point of even entering in this competition.

So go and have some fun and may the best team on the day win.

Sandi :popcorn:

to you andrew,

you did'nt burst my bubble, cause I did'nt write it, the clue is in what was written, you need to work that one out.
then you will know who that person is................think about it.......

now now we are how long to go until we do actually do bowl like just under 3 months and theres that much b****ing goin on here its funny. why canrt we just instead of letting our mouths do all the exercising lets see who bowls best on the weekend and IF :p tonx makes the all stars he deserves it.

hey chris same with you mate but the thing that you rote about ryan was just stupid wat ever you rite is stupid hahahahahaha :twisted:

well anyways can we know of which other teams are bowlin and whos in there teams please well anyways im goin to go

laters

!!!YoU FuNnY LiTtLe PeOpLe!!!

What is with you castle?, Man how can you even still walk? I thought it would be physically impossible to carry 50kg of BUllS#it as a head, cause it seems to me that is how arrogant you really are!! and also no body knows who is going to win because miricles do happen! e.g some little kid from a crappy center "Lets just say Keon Park" bowls all these 200 games with a plastic! that can make all the difference in a tournament! <--- just to add to that, its not about individuals in this tournament it is all about team work and as far as i have read, I can only assume Forrest Hill are already competing against themselves (lol) so they will have twice the amount of pressure at junior shield!!

Also guys, i would advice you start learning how to bowl properly because northcote are tough lanes and you will need a lot of practice, and also to be a good player you will have to be in good physicaly condition "here is an idea maybe go to the gym and build some muscles, cause ya skinny twigs of legs are gonna get tired!"
........See im ahead of most of you, I have already started shaping up going to the gym and practicing with my great coach that Craig Ryan shares with me!!!

Anyways guys stop big noting ya selves and maybe people will stop laughing at you and maybe just maybe one day they might even respect you!! as for me i only respect people that dont big note! :wink:

Well it's been a while since I posted so thought i'd have some fun.

Firstly let me say I dunno who most of these people are (mainly from northcote) but perhaps you should actually achieve something before opening your mouths.

That being said, lets move onto shield. So Keon Park reckons they have a chance after Forest Hill's poor performance at Melbourne Youth hey? Well good to see that none of your team even turned up! (except for Coach Craig!!)

I think I also remembered reading from another thread that Jason May was going to make matchplay...oh and good luck to Sushine.

And Page, we will all be using plastics at Northcote its that dry :D I'll also reply with a quote: "A champion team is nothing compared to a team of champions!" (or something like that :lol: )

There will be no pressure on us at shield, none at all. We don't really care what happens its just a bit of a fun tourny where we get to beat people.

And on a side note, i'm the most unfit bastard that I know and I still manage to bowl alright, so stuff physical condition :p

OK I'm done!

Cheers,
Brett

hey peoples whats being happening,
Even though this is brett's, tonkin's and my last yr of junior shield it will be fun for us cause we know we can win every year i look forward for junior shield cause it's the best event in the yr for juniors so where going to go out on a high even if we don't win i know i have had fun as a junior.

Laterz
Castle

Hey all,

Just wondering if any other junior shield teams will be posted in the next few weeks or even any other All-Star predictions.

I'm not going to make a prediction until the end of the first day, if at all.

Good luck to all centres and I can't wait to see everyone at Northcote.

Love Becki

Listen up brett, if you wanna use plastic ball's you can!
If you don't know how to flatten your shot out, well i guess that is your bad luck! have fun with using a plastic ball

JUNIOR SHIELD

THIS IS TO YOU THOKASH=AKA=BRETT

WHAT ACHIEVEMENTS WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PUT?
SEEM I AM ONE OF THOSE NORTHCOTE BOWLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TANIA
:!: :!: :!: :!:

WELL MR SMARTY PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE BEEN ON THE SHIELD TEAM FOR THE LAST 9 YEARS.

HAVE ALSO BEEN ON A WINNING SHIELD SIDE. HAVE U?

HAVE REPRESENTED VICTORIA.

HAVE BEEN ON WINNING TEAMS FOR VITORIA.

HAVE WON SINGLES, TRIPLES, TEAMS AND ASSOCIATION MEDALS. HAVE U?

BEEN TOLD I HAVE THE LANE RECORD FOR NORTHCOTE ON LANES 29 & 30 WHICH IS 267 GAME.

MY BEST ACHIEVEMENT WOULD HAVE TO BE BOWLING IN SHIELD AND BEING ONE OF THE TOP 3 BOWLERS AND BEING 9 MONTHS PREGNANT. BEAT THAT.

You must be pretty stupid to take my last post seriously, but if you wanna get into this its fine i'll just warm up with some of my achievements.

I guess we can start with where I am currently, and that is in the U21 SCRATCH (not HANDICAP) East Coast Challenge Cup. So far in 3 days of competition, I have won gold medals in singles, doubles and trios and am sitting on top with a 238 average. We can add to that tomorrow when we take out the teams and of course the cup!

Then lets look back a couple of weeks, I made the U23 Melbourne Cup cut. I don't even see your name in a REAL tournament let alone a cut.

And representing Victoria...i'll go you that one, I was part of the President Shield team last year. Hang on a sec, i'm just thinking where we placed. OH YEAH WE WON!!

A 267 lane record, even though at Northcote, isn't that much of an achievement. In 12 games over the past few days ive shot 5 scores over it, so sorry.

As far as shield goes, I haven't even been bowling 9 years, and last year was my first one. And i'm pretty sure if I remember correctly I finished 2nd top all star behind Jimmy Bowles.

And about to pregnancy thing thats a bit below the belt but ill let it slide. Oh and did I mention I did all this still being a junior?

OK i've had enough i'll get back to you in a couple of days after i've recovered from Victoria's massive East Coast win!!!

Cheers,
Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom