Goldpin Juniors vs AMF Juniors

Werribee

Werribee
All junior winning teams,

i would like to host a meeting of the top 4 placings at goldpin junior chAllenge and amf junior shield teams in order to organise a friendly tournament for january.

this would comprise the following:

junior goldpin
girls:
werribee
geelong
morwell
shepparton

boys:
werribee
ed fleming
bendigo
morwell

amf junior shield
girls:
keon park
chadstone
sunshine
knox

boys:
keon park
northcote
high point
moorabbin

the meeting will be held at werribee superbowl on tuesday 17th december at 8pm.

All interested teams should register their interest adn if a centre does not want to field a team they should let us know as we will contact the next quAlifying team. (for example: girls goldpin would be ed fleming).

at this meeting we will discuss format, cost, dates etc...

i hope to get a representative from each centre as then we can reAlly get it going.

hope to hear from you,

edi

Are Werribee planning on hosting this "friendly" tourniment??
From what i've heard being said about this everyone tends to agree that it should be held at an impartial centre.. (Greensborough or Box Hill for example)

Actually Craig, I was planning to host this event. It is a first and I have good intentions. I was approached to host the tournament by people not from centre, and I hope that we can go forward on a good footing with no negativity.

The people representing a centre that will bowl in the tournament are welcome to attend on Tuesday. Highpoint has no problem with us (via Chris Mesagno), Geelong are in, as are Bendigo. I haven't received confirmation from Morwell, Shep or Ed Fleming or the other AMF centres.

Hope to see team managers at Werribee on Tuesday night.

Edi

Hi all,
I think this tournament is a great idea i just think its a little unfair if its going to be held at werribee because there's a home advantage for the werribee teams, i think it would be a bit fairer if it was held at an independant center such as greensborough??
Just my thought :roll: :?

Amy.

Edi, I'm not sure if Keon Park will be represented on Tuesday night (haven't spoken to anyone about it yet) but i'm willing to help organise things at this end...

Its good to see someone willing to try something new and i hope this will be successful and continues for years to come.. (even though i can't take part after this one :( )

I don't mind it being held at Werribee, if i'm correct the idea did orginally come from Werribee?? As an idea maybe next years host centre should come from AMF (maybe the winner of combined?)

Hope to hear from you soon..

Craig

I have been thinking this would be a great idea for a while and am glad someone finally opened their moth about it :p

I guess I can speak on behalf of Moorabbin here, but all our leagues have just finished and I don't really know how to contact anyone...thats if they would participate anyway :p

It doesn't really matter anyway we came a sucky 4th place! I dunno maybe Keon Park can draft me to their team if they don't have all 7 (what about it Craig) :p

Ok that is all, don't think there is a chance we will be able to make that meeting...sorry

Lates

Ok, I reckon that a friendly tournament is a great idea between AMF and Goldpin. But on behalf of some of the people I have spoken to, I would love to know the following.

If a team makes it, and not only does it apply to Sunshine but also to Keon Park, is it for the actual people that bowled in the shields as some of the bowlers will be 18 when the tournament is held.

I can't confirm or deny whether a representative from Sunshine will be there, but I do know that most of our team would love to be there. :D

I hope to see most of you at this friendly tournament. Best of luck to all involved.

I'm hearing Edi from Werribee say its just a friendly tournament. I love nothing better than spending the day watching Junior bowlers competing in the friendly manner in which they have perfected. Hopefully the above teams will be represented. If Werribee are willing to try this idea well let them set the pace and then see if other centres can equal or better the event. GREAT IDEA !!!

i would like to knnow if this has been approved by amf, because i have heard that they are not in favour of this. It would be a shame not to hold this friendly.

Also no northcote bowler can make it to the meeting. so if it is still going ahead please email me the main points of the meeting and i will pass it on. Other wise we can't field a team.

Thanks

Tonx

Hey,
Just wondering if the meeting went ahead and if so was there an agreement if it would go ahead :D

Hey,
Just wondering if the meeting went ahead and if so was there an agreement if it would go ahead :D

Yes the meeting did happen and yes it's full steam ahead. Happening late March. Werribee hosting the event. Many were definitely interested. More information to come soon.

I was just wondering if a person from Keon Park attdened the meeting?
and i would also like to know what happens to the people who bowled in both goldpin and junor sheild are in the both of the top 4 teams?

Several AMF centres were represented but Keon Park are yet to express any interest. If Keon Park or any other qualifying centres are interested please contact Edi on [email protected] and more info will be provided asap. Those that bowled both AMF and Goldpin will have to choose who they will represent. Those that were in the teams and have now turned 18yrs old will still remain eligible to play in their teams. The centres that qualify will be receiving info in the next 2 weeks. We hope to have 16 teams on that weekend playing for the Victorian Girls Shield and Victorian Boys Shield. See you there!!!

thanks for that but i would still like to know what happens to the people who bowled in both goldpin and amf and were part of both top 4 teams?

I agree with they would have to pick but if they pick one team, wont the other team they bowl for be disadvantage?

Is this actual mock up of a tournament going to go ahead? Or have we all (including me) wasted valuable space on this site just posting things about a non existing tournament????

If this is going ahead, i apoligise in advance, and would like to know why it is taking so long for it to happen.

I was waiting for the dates of De Veer and Rachuig to be announced as some kids are now of age to bowl those tournaments. We had decided on 27/28 March but we are assessing whether we should move it based on the clash.

We will advise asap,

Edi

Back
Top Bottom