Emerson Shield 2009

Congrats to all the men's teams that got through and well done to the Colac ladies as well.

We are pretty disappointed not to have gone through but that's the way it goes. The teams that made it through all bowled well - it was a highly competitve zone final.

Good luck to all bowlers in November

I read with interest the posting from Wayne Chester and the subsequent responses. I thought the following might be of interest. Firstly, Goldpin is not a seperate entity. Goldpin is it's member centres. Each year the centres fielding teams in Emerson Shield, and our other tournaments for that matter, are levied an entrance fee. This amount may vary, subject to the circumstances of a particular year. This amount is charged to the centres. Whilst the expectation is that centres will pay the entry fee, each centre is autonomous and how they apportion the cost is totally their decision. For what it's worth, this year the entry fee is $100-00. Thirty teams competed and the event will run at a small loss which will be covered by the group. I welcome and appreciate the interest in Emerson Shield and am happy to answer queries, however, the first point of reference should always be the centres. My only real issue with the original posting (everyone is entitled to an opinion) is the assertion that Goldpin "kept" bowlers money. Centres are charged the entry fee, not bowlers.

"Centres are charged the entry fee, not bowlers"

hodgo just because centers are "charged" the fee dose not mean bowlers dont pay the fee

Seems like some bowlers dont want the truth to get in the way of a good story . I cant beleive that this story ever got legs , tell you center to raise the money though team qualifing . If your team is just picked then the money must come from somewhere ...

Have not updated to web site yet - but here is a copy of the results

Attachments

• 2009_Southern_Zone.pdf
    56.9 KB · Views: 116
Is Emerson shield still on?

My bowling calendar is blank for last weekend in November so i assumed it had been cancelled :D

Here is the Emerson Shield Finals Pattern for 2009.

If anyone would like to practice on the pattern please phone the centre on 9391 7911 and make a booking and we will lay the pattern for you.

Karen

Attachments

• 2009 EMERSON SHIELD FINAL ALTONA.pdf
    55 KB · Views: 139
after looking at the 'pattern' I have only one thing to say....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heads to 3.3ft on forward. Forward oil STOPS at 15.1ft, Nothing on the reverse till 7.4ft. No volume in the heads to buff 10ft let alone the length of the pattern (which is truely only 33ft for those that can't read a kegel chart) Combining with a medium/high friction surface in Gen2 Anvilane and 5 man teams....

Hope everyone enjoys the ball motion being "hook, skid, hook excessively, rollout" all before 30ft after game 2 :D

Top averages for the weekend should be filled with left handers, reverse hook bowlers and plastic ball bowlers, as long as they have minimal ball rotation and above 35kms ball speed.

My money would be on a SALE team dominating if they were still open :D

Back
Top Bottom