Dunn Shield: Will Frankston produce record scores!

Alan,Alan,Alan, look what happened to Dandy last year when the were gunna do this and that and it never eventuated .

Better to take the QUIET APPROACH and brag later when you have won the whole kit and kaboodle!

Just my two bobs worth LOL.

GO SHINERS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ralph you are 100% right.

couldn't agree with you any further. Some things are just not worth the attention. which is why I think maybe an upset is on the horizon this year.

Since the introduction of the new Kegel to AMF and the noticingly high scores not only at Frankston but with ECCC I am intrerested to hear not only what peoples thoughts are about who will make all stars at Dunn Shield but also what averages we are likely to see this year.

It sounds like its going to be anybodies shield this year????

It will be interesting to see if the Kegel is used to dress the lanes for Dunn Shield.

I know from venturing to Frankston on Sunday that if it isn't used the scoring is still going to be very high.

Bowling on the house condition I found out why there have been a spate of 300's there lately at Frankston. Shot 1880/8 with 771 for last 3.

I found if you don't hit the shot you are going to leave 7-9's or 9 pins. If you hit your spot and hit the shot you were almost gauranteed a strike (occassional 7 pin). Those who can quickly find the shot to take the back row pins out of play will score very well. It took me the first 2 games to all but eliminate them.

The Forest Hill Team showed up before I finished and watching them found the right hand side was not much different. Daniel bowling 257 - 258 back to back. If he didn't hit the shot left 10 pins or worse.

Makes it interesting to see what they will do for the Dunn Shield. Whether they use the Kegel or not it is going to be a very enjoyable weekend at Frankston.

By the way bowled on lanes 3 - 4. From previous experience at Frankston I will be interested to see if the lane 15 - 28 side reacts the same. They were definately different when they were wood. Can anyone down there at Frankston shed some light on whether there is any major differences between the two sides of the bowl since synthetic lanes were put in.

In regards to the opposite sides of the house, they can differ from each other slightly. However, saying that, the most recent 300's have been 2 from each side of the house.

C U all down Franga way soon!!

Then I suggest everyone get down and work out how to strike on the house condition. Once you do there are plenty of them out there. All you have to do is hit your mark and hit the shot and you strike.

Looking forward to seeing you all down there next month.

Hi guy's and girl's.. well today i went down to frankston and had a bowl with Mary and Barry Dodds and Terry Silva..

Terry showed us what happens when you hit your spot and don't hit the ball the way you should..

NOT ONCE, NOT TWICE, BUT THREE TIMES HE SHOWED US THE 5,7,10..

Thanks Terry glad you were there to show us not what to do

Was all in good fun.. thanks for the laughs Terry..

Terry, Terry, Terry,
you've just been hacked by Nodz :lol: :lol: :lol:
I must say i've not seen anything like it THREE TIMES it
was huge. thanks for the games guy's never laughed
so much.
cheers :crazyeye:

p.s. Hey Al what did Nicole end up with we left after her
front 7?

Terry,,Terry,, Terry , Nothing hits like a hammer heh ! Now that is funny .

I can understand leaving it once but 3 times is just rediculous !

Last time i left one of them was Ruchuig trials at Morwell with a Pink Hammer in 1992 is that tellig us something or what.LOL,LOL,LOL.

Ha Ha Ha Guys

Just lollin you guys into a false sense of security ha ha.

Yes last time I left them was two consecutive balls on lane 14 at Northcote about 12 years ago too Ralph.

By the way Alan forgot to mention that the Head pin was off spot on lane 24 where I left the 3 of them. Thanks Al for leaving that bit of info out.

Notice how far back it resets the five pin almost on the back row.

For your info Baz Nicole ended up bowling a 264 game which beat Alans 263 by one pin. Oops was I mean't to mention that Al?

See you all at Frankston next month where the real stuff will begin.

looks like alan had no trouble carrying the 5-7-10 and either did nicole.you know you are in trouble when you leave 3 of them i would think that one is bad luck but three it takes skill to put such little on the shot. :D :D

Must be a love/hate relationship you have with the Frankston lanes Terry.
When I saw you down there the other week I think I saw you throw a game that included 10 strikes and two 7-9 splits. :roll:
It's kinda like all or nothing.

Graeme

Back
Top Bottom