Frankston Cup

Any one want to bowl Thursday. PM me on Total Bowlling.

Gary..............................................:cool:

Have booked lane's for Thursday at 11 am any body want to bowl just pm me have two bowler's so far........

Gary........................................................:cool:

Bring this back up top.

Frankston Cup need's more entry's so come on down only $60 for 5 game's let's get more entry's happening cut stand's at 174 avg ( now that's not that hard,sorry guy's under it. ) .............come on down............................:D

Gary....................................................................:D

Thankyou to everyone that has participated in the Frankston Cup so far.

Unfortunetely we will not be using the original format for the final, as there was a very low turnout for this event, as of Tuesday at 4pm and 3 weeks of qualifying we recieved 20 qualifying attempts, which is very dissapointing.

This has made us realise that once game charges are taken out, we cannot provide any prizefund on Sunday that would be suitable. I have explained this to the management at Frankston Bowl, and should not be prepared at this stage to risk taking this to Saturday or Sunday hoping that a miracle happens and 150 bowlers turn up.

You can still qualify under the same conditions, bowl 5 games for $60.00 and any re-attempts are $50.00, however there will be a different format on Sunday with NO Desperado Squad.

Qualifiers can still bowl before 8pm on Saturday, with the cut to the top 16 finalised by 9.30pm. Bowlers need to ring up and see if they have made the cut.

The new format is as follows:

Top 16 from Qualifying Compete in a 5 game Skins Format.

There is a Guaranteed Prizefund for the qualifiers that turn up to bowl, there is no charge for the final.

Each Skin has a $100.00 payout, 1st = $50.00, 2nd = $30.00, 3rd = $20.00.
Overall Winner and Frankston Cup Champion determined on five game total pinfall including 8 pin handicap if eligable, with the payout being:

1st Place = $200.00
2nd Place = $100.00
3rd Place = $60.00

Unfortunetely we will be cancelling the rest of the series due to lack of interest from bowlers on this format or any other that we have done or suggested thus far.

The Hobart Cup will possibly still go ahead under a different format, and subject to sufficient sponsorship arrangements.

I want to thank Lance Dyer for all the effort he has put into trying to get something happening in Victoria, to Warren Stewart who did get something happening but bowlers would not embrace it, to AMF Moorabbin, Sunshine as well as Frankston who reduced their game rate & or have provided FREE games to provide a better prizefund payout, and last of all to Frank Bell who has tried hard to muster up entries for Frankston and who is contributing his own money to the prizefund on Sunday for the Skins.

We now understand that Open Bowlers in this state have a considerable amount of events to bowl in, and are not quite ready for additional events.

We also now understand that because a few bowlers that post in this forum believe that we need something happening regarding tournaments in this state, that is not necessarily the voice of the majority.

Our focus now will be to try a different format and target a different group of bowlers that are interested in tournament play and competition, so Sunday the 25th June will possibly still have a tournament at Moorabbin Bowl.

How would you like a tournament that costs less than $100.00.

Has qualifying and matchplay on the same day.

One Squad only limited to maximum 70 bowlers.

Men, Women, Juniors, Youth, Seniors all competing at the same time, and against each other.

How about the opportunity to purchase a shirt and be part of a tournament group.

Qualifying has everyone bowling scratch.

Top 10 scratch bowlers compete in a 9 game matchplay.

The balance of the bowlers having a handicap added, with the top 10 bowlers with handicap bowling a further 9 games of matchplay.

How about system where you can get automatic booking straight into a squad by entering all your details.

Watch this space soon!!

Get down to Frankston and have a go!!

Regards,
Patrick Birtig

Hi, Frankston Cup Bowlers,
On behalf of AMF Frankston Bowl, apologies for the need to revise the format of the Frankston Cup at short notice. Rather than cancel the event, I hope that you will enjoy the opportunity to bowl in a Skins Tournament, with an overall Frankston Cup award retained. There are 18 cash prizes for the 16 qualifiers to compete for, and if you win each of the five Skins Games, you'll walk away with $450.00.
The Finalists list will be posted here not later than 9.30 PM on Saturday night, or you can call AMF Frankston Bowl on 9789 6721.
Kind regards, and Good Luck to you all,
Roger Pitt
Manager
AMF Frankston Bowl

Hi All,

Current qualifying scores as of today - 25/05/06.

01. Evert Ballesteros - 1156
02. Derek Adams - 1152
03. Billy Tanasicivc - 1146
04. Frank Bell - 1134
05. Gary Zanoni - 1087
06. Steve Toth - 1052
07. Peter Hammond - 1048
08. Lance Dyer - 1018
09. Ross Ward - 997
10. Jeanette Kent - 991
11. Tanya Steele - 964
12. Ian Strachan - 956
13. Erwin Andres - 944
14. Calvin Andres - 939
15. Ray Thompson - 916
16. Giao Nguyen - 871
17. Peter Formosa - 868
18. Chris Mesangno - 811

Remember qualifying ends on Saturday 27th MAY. Looking forward to seeing more bowlers having a go.

Cheers,
Frank

Ask Alex
Come on Alex you know you want to..............;)

Gary................................................:cool:

Ps: It's like Forest Hill ...........lol

i'll have a go with you Tonx, book the lanes M8, let me know if confirmed and we are in.

Lets make it a party, but SSSSSHHHHHHHH, don't invite Gary OK!!!!!!

LMAO

No need i will be nursing a hang over ( shh don't tell work ;) cough cough )
see you Sunday if you can hack it..........................:rolleyes:

Gary.................................................:cool:

Gary said:
No need i will be nursing a hang over ( shh don't tell work ;) cough cough )
see you Sunday if you can hack it..........................:rolleyes:
Gary.................................................:cool:

RINGING WORK NOW, Who was it i speak to again!!!!!! LMAO

Rang up Frankston - There is no lanes available before 11am, they're doing DUNSHIELD Roll Off at 9:30 .. and there is an early league as well. I've put our names down and book the lanes (2) at around 11 but they say we can come in a bit early .. and get the lanes as soon as they become available.

Other bowlers .. pls join us if you can :)
Kinda wonder where Mr "Wild turkey" is ... you know who hehe

Cheers,
G.

Back
Top Bottom