Dunn Shield: Will Frankston produce record scores!

jockey

I was wondering whether the spate of 300 games from both left and right handed bowlers at Frankston forecasts an upcoming record scoring Dunn Shield Tournament.

Does anyone think we will see a 300 scored during the Dunn Shield event this year? Also given the conditions look like scoring will be good who are the favourites to take out this years shields? Who are going to be the Top 5 Male and Female bowlers?

If the current conditions are what we will be bowling shield on then the scoring should be good and a 300 game or two isn't out of the question.

Dandy and Keon Park should both be up there in the mens division and Keon Park, Dandy and Sunshine are normally good bets in the ladies division.

Top 5 Men
Paul Trotter
Mac Stewart
Paul Francis (providing he made a team)
Paul Madden
Chris Mesagno (providing he made a team)

Top 5 Ladies
Narelle Baker
Rebecca Robinson
Jenny Buckle
Mary Branca
Sue Raphael

Personally i'm just looking forward to bowling as it's always great fun.
See you all in sunny downtown Frankston in just under 2 months.
Brendan

Hello Brendon,
Thanks for the honour of being selected by yourself in amongst such a distinguished group of bowlers,if your tip is a good one i'll be a very happy man by the end of shield.
I'll be heading down to Frankston with the Boronia boys and we hope to be very competative on that week-end,i have no doubt it will be one of the toughest shields ever so whoever wins it will know they've bowled well.
The teams all look very strong and if the conditions are the same that week-end as they have been of late i can see a real showcase of high scoring and exciting bowling for one of AMF's great team tournaments.
All the very best of luck to all teams competeing and we'll see you all down Frankston way in November.
Paul Francis(Boomer).
NEVER LOOK DOWN ON THOSE WHO LOOK UP TO YOU!

See U guys Next Yr If I make the Forest Hill or Chadstone

I think it will be high scoring it will be good to watch
i'd say top 5 men should be

Paul Trotter
Mac Stewart
Paul Madden
Paul Francis It was good to talk to u at SPC while bowling
Chris Mesagno (providing he made a team)

Top 5 Women
Narrelle Baker
Rebecca Robinson
Jenny Buckle
Mary Branca
Mari-Jo Sanz
Even thought i'm not an adult yet but it will be good to watch some very good bowling I'd say it will be Dandy or Keon Park winning the Men's Shied

Laterz
Castle[/quote]

Hi guy's.. CAn't wait til november..

There's a couple of other bowlers that may make th top 5..

One guy hasn't bowled for a few years and still throws a very nice shot..

Justin Lowe very good chance of making all star as well as Ralph Harford, Mark and Barry Dodds, Brendan Hanton and Joel Lovegrove.

For the woman there is also Sue Raphael..

So it should make for a very exciting weekend..

Good luck to all..

Alan Notman..

having not seen the teams i would think that you would be a show for the top five as well noddy you have to use a bit of modesty some time! :roll:

Thanks Mac.. All i hope is that the team bowls well and wins..

To all i made a mistake before by putting my sister down to make the top five but she's not bowling..

just so use to her bowling every year.. sorry guy's..

my top five men would have to come from this list
Chris Benson
Myself
Paul Trottrer
Paul Francis
Alan Notman
Bernie Grueso
the man of the moment Gorden Williams duel 300 shooter and well deserved.
and my smokey is Simon Elfring.
i will have a look at the womens and post my thoughts abit later.

firstly my apologies i dont know a lot of the women bowlers bowling.
but this is where i see that womens all stars coming from
Rebecca Robinson
Narelle Baker
Sue Raphael
Cheryl Bast
Jenny Buckle
and Mary Branca
and in the real stuff anyone from the usual dandy and keon park to eevn the home side frankston.it should be a great event as usual and am looking forward to it.
it will once again prove to be the premier teams event in the state. :drinking: [-(

Hey Guys,

My picks are (men only):

1. Justin Lowe (why this guy aint on the AUS circuit I'll never know...look out for him :shock: )

2. Paul Trotter (a forgone conclusion)

3. Mac Stuart (smart player and a great player at that)

4. Paul Madden (years of experience and never gives up)

5. Close between Ralph Hardford, Alan Notman & Brendan hanton.

All in all it looks like an awesome field...should be great to watch...

Good luck to everyone and go PARKERS :D

I think the scoring at the moment down there will be irrelevant
If the lanes are oiled with AMF's new Kegal Machine.
We will still see great scoring but, what is being bowled now will have no impact if the lanes are being prepared by a different machine!

just because they are using the kegel doesn't mean it wont be high scoring either there is no restrictions on how much amf can ditch the lanes up more with the kegel.i would think it would be in their best interests for them to be high scoring as they were when it was held at forest hill acouple of years ago it was pity they took us the their dungeon last year.
you are right matto about justin he has the potential to be the best as he did when i bowled president shield with him all those years ago.i would think he always has the chance to shine i would love to see justin on song in a big major one day.you might want to check your spelling matto on my sirname ha ha ha. :wink:

Mac you'll be happy to know that he is coming to S.A cup with me next year and he has started buying all new equipment..
So believe this may be the start of him bowling again..

Sorry Mr. Stewart :oops:

By the way, you might want to check how to spell "sirname" :wink:

Thanks for all the replies and spins on the top 5's guys. Here are my suggestions.

Winner Mens: I'd like to say Chadstone but think Dandenong
Winner Womens: Keon Park
Winner Overall: Keon Park

Mens Top 5:

1. Paul Trotter
2. Mac Stewart
3.,4.,5. From Paul Francis; Alan Notman; Ralph Harford; Brendan Hanton; Paul Madden; Gordon Williams; Bernie Grueso; Justin Lowe; Barry Dodds; Amos Tan; Michael Wilson; Chris Mesagno and myself. Should be tough competition all round. Apologies to any obvious ommissions but I have not seen all the teams as yet.

Womens Top 5:

1. Narelle Baker
2. Jenny Buckle
3. Mary Dodds
4. Cheryl Bast
5. Rebecca Robinson

Recent scoring suggests an even condition for both the left and right handers so it just may come down to experience over the weekend as to who comes up trumps.

Should be a great event to round out the bowling fest in Melbourne this year. East Coast, Nationals then Dunn Shield.

Great to see Lowey back and bowling again...had some great Dunn shield matches against him when him and Al were bowling for Sunshine, one where we were both in the mid 250's. The boy can play, thats for sure.

I agree Chucker!

I didn't mean there wouldn't be High scoring, I hope there is some great games bowled down there.
However having lanes prepared by an AMF machine and a Kegal Machine, is like comparing Apples and Oranges.

just a quick reply to the kegal being used at shield if the conditions are the same as at Sunshine for Eastcoast we are in for a treat.In 4 man team today Paul Madden shot 675, Brett George shot 711,Paul Francis shot 711 and myself a 716.All in all pretty darn good bowling ,which should get us 1st place in Open teams .Well done guys. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom