Dunn Shield 2004

Hi again,

Just lettin everyone know that junior shield is back to its original dates.

Which is the 1st weekend in Dec.

Bye

Dunn Shield

:) :) Just one question for all you Dunn Shield bowlers.
Does it really matter what you bowl in roll offs at your centre, I always thought that the 2 days in November were the days that count at the centre where Shield is held, not talking all this crap, and big noting yourselves, cause who care's, On the day only one team will will in males and females, could be from different centre's but only one centre gets the bragging rights and I say good luck to them, fortunately I have had the pleasure of being on a winning centres team, and I must say its just the same as not winning, I just like the fun of shield weekend and to meet up with old friends. :D :D :D

From the Manager At Northcote Bowl Junior Shield Will be held on the 4th and 5th of December.

Tania :) :) :) :)

Dunn Sheild

As for chucker we did win Dunn sheild TWICE but weren't able to go back to back, I don't know why?
That's right we were kicked out cause we were too strong. :twisted:

TWICE not a bad effort but who cares you have to be in it to win it and the fact is you were kicked out because you are noy an AMF centre.also if you were too strong i would've thought you would clean up at emerson. :shock:

Geelong field a very strong team every year though....always tough to beat. Whereas the depth in Dunn shield isnt consistent, Geelongs team depth always is. They are benchmark for now and the forseeable future. Centres like Moorabin and the like could have fielded super strong teams, I think one Moorabin team about 10 years ago had the likes of Bradford, Stewart, Molloy etc, but it always varies.

Regardless, the way AMF handled Meltons omission from Dunn shield was nothing short of degrading and insulting, regardless of our centre status. You see we were always good enough to fill the numbers for the previous 15 years. :evil:

Haha, nice signature Bro :D

yeah moorabin did put up a super team that year and they didn't win.on their day any team should be able to beat geelong they know how to be bridesmaids in footy so why not serve it up to them in emerson,any team is beatable no matter who you put in it! :lol:

You're right, in the Emerson roll off last week we swept them 7-0, then they lost 3 games for the rest of the day. Like you say Mac anyone is beatable but they are a very very good team.

Keon Park teams

Womens Avg.

1. Sue Raphael (c) 190
2. Narelle Baker 188
3. Sue McKay 185
4. Kim Lobb 184
5. Ann Bonning 182
6. Jessica Dzioba 178
7. Carly Allen 175
Reserve: Lisa Notman

Men Avg.

1. Paul Madden (c) 228
2. Alan Notman 216
3. Justin Lowe 221
4. Wayne Burton 210
5. James Bowles 210
6. Jim Iacono 203
7. Shane Ahmet 195
Reserve: Brett George

well i believe there's nothing wrong with a bit of trash talk..

make's for a enjoyable weekend when you come up against the talkers..

for the last couple of years dandy has started the talk.. with the bowlers they have in both there teams they have the right too..

i love bowling against dandy and will for as long as they make it interesting to bowl against them..

we at keon park have two strong teams as well so it should make for a great battle on the lanes..

well mac it's time to see who'll challenge dandy this year..

let the fun and games begin..

Alan Notman

Sunshine Dunn Shield Bowlers

Sunshine's roll off has happened today and here are the results....

Mens Team:

Ralph Harford - 217
Steve Malina - 206
Michael Carlile - 202
Phil Macumber - 201
Evert Ballesteros - 202
Chris Benson - 198
Jason Newman - 198
Reserve - Carl Barbara - 196

Womens Team:

Lisa Cox - 186
Kelly Gravestocks - 179
Lee Bowen - 178
Sarah Benson - 174
Julie Giordmaina - 173
Jane Finch - 171
Sharon Benson - 173
Reserve - Kaytlin Griffiths - 170

Jason Newman extends thanks to Andrew Jacklin for not arriving on time for the match play. During qualifying Jason drew 12th spot with Ondrej Hedi and lost a one game roll off prior to the matchplay commencing. Jason was therefore first reserve but was able to bowl due to Andrew being late. :roll: :roll: :roll:

See you all at Frankston..

Well just lettin everyone know that there was
accident on the freeway so thats why Andrew
was late and really that was unfar to say that
when you didnt even know the real reason and
run scared cause if Andrew did bowl one of u
wouldnt have made it...
Im not havein a go at u Jane this wasnt adressed to u
i was sayin it to people that was sayin that stuff today...

:angel: Flick :angel:

Felicity - no-one was hanging it on Andrew, in fact the men were disappointed because we all know what an asset he would have been to the team.

He rang the bowl - and the management knew that he was running late - but it was just one of those things and they couldn't hold up the rest of the people bowling just to wait for one person.

Bad luck is all it came down to and that's it..

It could have happened to anyone but unfortunately it was Andrew.

The odd's coming soon for Dunn Shield.
Knox 200/1 Dandy 3/1 (Male) who know's what they will be when all team's are in :?: Odd's will be posted let the game's begin :D :D

Gary :wink:

Al Al Al you didnt listen to me last weekend did you ? I know you are hanging out of your tree for the trash talk but i think Gary Z is doing a good enough job for everybody. So you just be a good boy and dont start anything [-X and I will buy you a scotch at Frankston but only if you behave.

Catch Ya Bastie :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

Can you buy me a beer too :morning: ( But i think trash talk is good bring it on :twisted: )

Gary.........

PS Soda Water sound's better. :(

with only a few days left until we bowl i want to wish you all well and remember it's not about who wins and by how much as that is already a 4 gone conclusion but about the reason we all bowl dunn shield and that is fun

Good Luck everyone :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just though everyone should know.
Melton men did clean up at Emerson, beating a very strong Geelong team on their own lanes.
Perhaps there is the opportunity for a match between the winners of Emerson and the Dunn shield to decide a state champion

And what a sweet victory it was too :wink:

But seriously, it would be an awesome thought, competition between the 2 rival groups. I would love it, and so would a lot of my Melton team mates. I always loved bowling Dunn shield while we were in it but Emerson has filled that void nicely, as proven by a great weekend we just had. I wonder if people would be motivated enough though, to organize such a match.
Good luck to Dunn shield bowlers though, wish we were bowling.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom