My AMF Frankston Experience

Toon

OWN IT!
I felt this deserved a thread on it's own.

I have been visiting a few centres in South East Melbourne to find the right centre and as my work takes me out Frankston way a bit I thought I would give them a try.

Out of all the centres I visited, the customer service at AMF Frankston was in a league of their own. Pun intended. They showed me all the leagues with vacancies, told me where everything is at the alley. Sure I can figure it out myself but the friendliness was appreciated. They told me which leagues are better for just having a good time and which have more competitive bowlers. They also told me the best nights to come for practice. They even asked me what I thought of the lanes after I bowled 4 games practice.

Of course, I signed up for as league and when I turned up to the league. The staff introduced me to the treasurer and league secretary. Who in turn introduced me to some of the bowlers in the league that had already arrived.

Well done.

However, to the 2 unnamed centres that took me for a sucker. Here's a heads up, when a bowler comes in when the lanes are deserted with a 4 ball roller and 2 ball tote looking for a league. They generally are not your bowl once a week bowlers.

When work permits, which it currently does. I generally bowl 2 leagues and often up to 12-16 games practice a week. You just threw away around $5000 p.a.

Make sure you lock your car up when you bowl league and dont leave valuables in the car... Frankston is a very dodgy area!

I am currently working at AMF Frankston and can say that your comments are wrong Becka Girl.
We have had staff working here for up to 25 years without any problems of the type you are stating.
I wouldn't leave my car unlocked anywhere, shopping centre, bowling centre, your own driveway etc.

I was just making a general comment about the Frankston area, i wasnt saying anything bad about the bowl what so ever
Lets face it, teenagers around the frankston, cranbourne area are very bad these days. I work in local government in these areas and here every single week how many break ins there are etc.

Break ins happen in every area. No area is exempt.

Areas like Frankston, Broadmeadows carry a stigma and that is what causes people to say negative things about it. Heck, the other day my work colleague made an offensive comment about Broady despite having never made the trip to visit.

No valuables should be kept in your car no matter what area you are in. Something valuable is just as likely to be stolen from your car in Brighton as it is Frankston.

In any suburb you have a small,small percentage of troubled teens. It has nothing to do with your postcode!

Frankston does have a poor reputation (although it is improving), most of it is misfounded, as Frankston is a large "small city" suburb, and does bring in many people from other suburbs into it's night clubs, pubs and restaurants throughout the week. There are a couple of small pockets within Frankston that have a problematic socio-economic enviroment where generational poverty/unemployment exist, whilst the vast majority of it's residents are by in large just like yourself Becka and myself.

By the way " I work in local government in these areas and here every single week how many break ins there are etc.", the correct spelling of the word in most dictionaries is HEAR.. In Frankston we can also spell, just so u know.;)

Come on guys lighten up! I was just trying to have a laugh !
I am sorry if i offended anyone and wow so sorry that i spelt one word wrong, i was on the run and trying to type quickly

Back
Top Bottom