More Bowling Research...

STEROID

Hi Victorian bowlers,

In 2012, I completed data collection in Ballarat for a bowling study I am doing with performance routines and I am now looking for another Melbourne-based bowling centre to help me conduct the research. (A big thank you to Ballarat OzTenpin Bowl for sponsoring it and the participants that took part in this ground-breaking research!) The study involves investigating performance routines to see whether different routines are beneficial for accuracy and competitions generally (to possibly improve league scores).

I am looking for bowling centres (and leagues) in the southeastern suburbs of Melbourne (e.g., mentone, moorabin, dandenong, frankston, etc.) with bowlers who are interested in taking part in this study. I need about 30 bowlers to participate (with averages of at least 150 and above), so leagues of 30 interested participants (or bowling centres that may have 30 people in different leagues that want to participate) would be beneficial. But I am not limiting it to one bowling centre!

The study would involve the following:
Bowlers (find attached some more details about what participants will do):
Interested bowlers would performing 30 shots at a target before (and then again after) a 4 week routine intervention (where the bowler completes 3 practice games per week with the routine that is provided to them). Since there is 4 weeks of 3 games practice (12 games total) to complete for each bowler, the 3 games practice with the intervention will be at the expense of the bowler (unless the bowling centre or league is willing to help out with this expense, which would be beneficial to all involved). That will be the only expense of the bowler. You may also be asked to participate in an interview about your experience in the study.

Bowling centre:
The only cost to the bowling centre is the time needed on the lanes for the 30 shots for each person (without pins being set up), unless the bowling centre was generous enough to pay for some of the bowlers 12 practice games (which I and the participants would be grateful for).

League secretary:
I would need to get the help of the league secretary (or bowling centre manager) to get league scores before and after the 12 games of the intervention period.

I know many leagues will be starting soon for the new year, so please talk to your bowling centre managers, league secretaries, and/or other bowlers and post your league name, and bowling centre on this thread if you want your league to participate. I’ll follow it up at the end of January or in February as I hope to start conducting this research in February or March 2013.

Hopefully, with continuing research into tenpin bowling, we can lift the profile of the sport and encourage more people to participate.

As always, if you have any questions, post it here or PM me.

chris

Attachments

• 2012 AASP PLIS FV.doc
    222 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom