Dunn Shield History

philby

Hi Guys
I need some help.
I am currently trying to put together the complete history of Dunn shield. The shields have givin me a lot of information but there are some holes i need filled.
I need the following.
Ladies Champion team from 1983 ( i have the team members but not the centre) THe members are A Forster, E Gibbs, C JOnes, V harington, T Lovelace. Can somebody tell me the centre they represented.
Ladies Winning team from 1993. The mens champion team that yr was Sunshine and the overall was Keon Park. Noddy or Ralphy can you help here.
Ladies Winning team from 2003. The mens champion team was K/p and the overall was K/P as well. Maybe Dandenong but im not sure. Could have been K/P
In the mens division.
1983 Northcote Who was in the team
1984 Chadstone Who was in the team
1985 Keon Park Who was in the team
1986 Frankston Who was in the team
1996 need the team and the members Maybe Northcote or Dandenong.
In the Overall i need the following winners. The teams from 1983 through to 1990. It appears the original shield may have been lost and replaced in 1991. Is it hanging on somebodys garage wall. If so keep it i just need to know who won.
If anybody can help me i would appreciate it Please send me an email at [email protected] with whatever info you can supply
I am also looking for complete score books from all year up to 2003. If you have these could i please have a copy.
With the current restructure of AMF i feel its important to get this stuff together before its lost. Maybe even placed on the net for all to have a look at.
regards
Phillip Allen

Good luck with this project Phil.

I did a similar thing with all the Victorian Country Cup records and found it can get quite frustrating at times. I have spend a couple of hundred hours pouring over score sheets and tournament standings, firstly putting them onto a spreadsheet and finally onto a very amateur website for all to view. I found that a huge amount of people are interested in the results, but not many people actually keep records (or the people that have the records can't be contacted or don't want to hand them over)

One word of advice - if you get verbal information try to get it verified by at least one other person. Whilst people may be keen to help it is funny how quickly we forget things and how quickly time flies. You might find you will get contradicting information because of this - so try to get it verified rather than accept it as gospel.

You are right to try to gather it all now - the longer you wait, the more likely someone will have thrown it out and it will never be able to be found again. I will keep an eye on your progress - once again - good luck!

Regards

Gary Black

Hey Bary Glack,

Dont forget also your information for Emerson Shield. This event is only a few years old, and already having trouble locating data on that one.

xpense said:
Hey Bary Glack,
Dont forget also your information for Emerson Shield. This event is only a few years old, and already having trouble locating data on that one.
hey there Dance Lyer -- yes very true - although i probably have not tried too hard yet to get Emerson stuff. I hope Philby has more luck than me. Maybe he could hunt down Emerson stuff too .... (please... lol)

93 shield Sunshine men hmmm memory of that very faint .Myself ,Mark Gordon,Andrew Warchulski,Jeff Fenton and thats where my memory fades maybe the Best brothers and Alan Notman not sure though.But one thing i do remember is that one team member bowled a 104 game last game in our team and we still held on to win now that is funny .LOL.Oh it wasnt me either .LOL.

Ralph, I think Scott Meyers mights have been in that team. Its goin a long time back so not quite sure.
Also could have been Chris Benson too as he has made like a thousand Sunshine Dunn Shield teams in a row too.

1983 Ladies team sounds like the old Chadstone or Moorabbin team.

Evelyn Jones at AMF regional office should be able to help you out.

Hey Ralph,

I have the photo's at home from our victory in 1993.

I'm pretty sure Rod East bowled that year with Michael Owen.

I will check tonight and let you know.

Alan Notman
Ralph Harford
Michael Owen
Jeff Fenton
Chris Benson
Rod East
Mark Gordon
Danny Ingram Manager

This was the team from 1993..

Hi Noddy

Interesting that on the shield it says that a K Kristic bowled for Sunshine and not Rod. So which is right, will chat to you tonight about it.

Phil

Thought i would bring this back to the top just to see if anybody has found any score books for me. Would be greatly appreiciated

Phil

Oh my goodness me how could i forget about Kris quite a capable bowler who i also bowled with in a team in Western suburbs league.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom