Does anyone give a stuff?!

George,

Good response - however, the TBA can indeed claim any position on any matter they wish - be it the Olympic effort or otherwise - however this does not make their position correct. It is my view that given their governing role they have both a moral and tangible responsibility to do more than write a few words on their web site declaring a non active position - then sit back, do nothing and say "all's well".

If you have fallen for that George - then you're not the man I think you are.

Jones

ps - the reason largely I have my doubts about the effectiveness of an Asian Pro Tour [as distinct from a number of individual events that are scheduled to make up a series around the region] is the cost of televising across Sky and the region. The ABT cost US$350,000 for [if I recall correctly having been asked by Sky to fund the thing - twice] 8 events. That's a massive amount of money and AMF had the guts to front that for a few years..then CGU [I think it was] took it over either in part or in full. Some brave sponsorship - if it happens again then someone else will need to be as brave....because commercially it's a spend that makes no sense. And a "tour" must get regional TV exposure - or it can't work [for long].

Good luck SJ

Back
Top Bottom