TBA sells out to online advertising

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Whats up with all the adds on the new website? Who the hell is Arch and the Yapper? Why is there a skin cancer ad for an indoor sport? I think there is many ways of doing up a website without resorting to un-related advertising. I don't think a governing body of a sport should resort to such things, they are there to promote a sport, not sell unrelated adds on their website. On the chance they are not getting paid for the ads on the website, as a governing body I'd ask the hoster to pull them off.

I know a few people will say just give them a chance but how many times have we said that in the last 3 years? Give me a break.......

I think you'll find it's a "Sporting Pulse" thing. All of the websites they administer have the same ad banner. I would imagine that all revenue goes to Sporting Pulse and might offset some of the cost to the TBA. It would be a standard contract item for a company like that. It's one small item anyway. Overall the new look site is much easier to navigate and if they deliver what is in the new information pack then it will be a great tool for bowlers.

If they could get online advertising that paid a pretty penny, maybe it's a good avenue to raise much needed revenue for the TBA?

I believe you'll find that SportingPulse is basically free for NSO's to use, and they support that by selling advertising space...

People are already whinging about spending $50 to the NSO, well if they maintain their own site we'll need to pay for that too... It's not cheap

For all those people nocking the advertising !!

I hope you don't complain about how much you pay for your registration aswell.

We need revenue, if it makes the association money well done keep working towards a better bowling environment for everyone.

Learn from the past lets move forward !!

Back
Top Bottom