COUNTRY CUP 2010

Would you like to see a Hall of Fame and Dinner presentaion on Monday Night

• Total voters
Now leave the fishnets and the g-banger out of it. Might have find something for next year.

Deano

I was just providing an example.....;)

Lucky I didn't just post the photo ey?? :p

Speaking of posting photos, did you know you cant add atachments in a private message? We only had the wedding photos on Wozzas lap top which was a bit hard to carry around for you to gander at Paige so i will add a few here to show what was going on, i will also add them on the Face-book thingy from mels page to mine for you to check out the rest.

Attachments

• Wedding Photos 022.jpg
    Wedding Photos 022.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Wedding Photos 008.jpg
    Wedding Photos 008.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Wedding Photos 063.jpg
    Wedding Photos 063.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Wedding Photos 071.jpg
    Wedding Photos 071.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Wedding Photos 090.jpg
    Wedding Photos 090.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Wedding Photos 094.jpg
    Wedding Photos 094.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Wedding Photos 144.jpg
    Wedding Photos 144.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 39
  • Wedding Photos 145.jpg
    Wedding Photos 145.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Wedding Photos 139.jpg
    Wedding Photos 139.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Wedding Photos 174.jpg
    Wedding Photos 174.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for the photos Jase, they are great. Love the cake!!

I'll be sure to jump on that Facebook thingy to grab a look at a few more!!

And no I didn't know you couldn't add attachments to private messages.....but thanks I do now :)

FYI.....I was hoping to receive a post card from our Albury Bear....alas nothing. If he's having a good time he could at least be rubbing it in to us poor folk still working!!

Hi people, I have added a poll to gauge what sort of feed back we are getting on the Presentaion dinner idea, I have also added the idea of a Counrty Cup Hall of Fame idea.
There are many bowlers in our midsts that are exceptional talents and have had a profound influence on our tournament.
What do you think, let us know what sort of criteria you would think suitable eg.100+games, 10+cups, amount of wins, significant contribution ect.

There sort of needs to be 2 categories. One for people who bowl year after year and after a set number of cc's they go into the first group. The second group "hall of fame" for those who are truly "above" the rest either through ability or through a contribution to cc.

First category you could have:
1. 100 or more games bowled.
2. 10 or more cc's participated.
and so on.

Hall of fame criteria suggestions:
1. 100 or more points won.
2. Significant contribution to the event (such as yearly mvp/encouragement awards)
3. 3 or more all-stars.
4. Must have qualified for the first section.
and so on.

Maybe meeting 2 of the criteria for a list would qualify you for selection.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Gary

There sort of needs to be 2 categories. One for people who bowl year after year and after a set number of cc's they go into the first group. The second group "hall of fame" for those who are truly "above" the rest either through ability or through a contribution to cc.

First category you could have:
1. 100 or more games bowled.
2. 10 or more cc's participated.
and so on.

Hall of fame criteria suggestions:
1. 100 or more points won.
2. Significant contribution to the event (such as yearly mvp/encouragement awards)
3. 3 or more all-stars.
4. Must have qualified for the first section.
and so on.

Maybe meeting 2 of the criteria for a list would qualify you for selection.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Gary

Was thinking along the lines of AFL sort of idea where they have Hall of Fame
recognition and then Legend status, which is what your second tier thoughts would fall into.

Hall of Fame
150 games or more.
10 Cups or more.
Significant Achievment/Contribution of service
Ect ect ect.

Legend
300 games+
20 cups or more
4 time all star/MVP
ect ect
Once criteria is set, you must meet X amount of these or all?
Initial entries of 10 to the Hall of Fame and 2 legends, each subsiquent year how many should be allowed to be inducted?
Who would fund the Awards/Plaques for inductee's?
Should there be a board setup by the VCTBA or should this board/commitee be left up to the bowlers?
I shall bring these questions up with the President tommorow night if people would like discusions to go further (judging by the poll it seems so)

I am not sure whether or not overall championship wins should be part of the criteria, is it part of the AFL criteria?

Gary
I really think voluntary work such as admin, tournament director, maybe a long time team manager is the sort of contribution to be rewarded here.

Otherwise the claim of 'buying a spot' argument could be an issue.

I guess on that topic though, the distinction has to be made between those who have contributed to CCup and those who have contributed to the VCTBA, is there a difference?

Jason
Who will pay for the award, depends on what the award is.
As a suggestion, trophies date, a pin or representation thereof is always relevant to bowling and easy to keep uniform as the years go on.

David

Completely agree with the Admin etc Dave. These people are left out far too often and deserve thanks for all they do.

Personally I don't care if the VCTBA, TBA or any other body has been contributed to. If other people get benefits along the way then good but lets keep this one about contributions directly to Country Cup as a tournament.

Good idea about the pin or something like it. I hadn't actually thought about what you get for meeting the criteria.

Country Cup is a great tournament and we have a lot of history behind it now so I think something like this is overdue.

Completely agree with the Admin etc Dave. These people are left out far too often and deserve thanks for all they do.

Personally I don't care if the VCTBA, TBA or any other body has been contributed to. If other people get benefits along the way then good but lets keep this one about contributions directly to Country Cup as a tournament.

Good idea about the pin or something like it. I hadn't actually thought about what you get for meeting the criteria.

Country Cup is a great tournament and we have a lot of history behind it now so I think something like this is overdue

Yep good idea Dave, i will go to Eric tonight and throw the whiole idea package at him (only in a small box though!)

Country Cup is a great tournament and we have a lot of history behind it now so I think something like this is overdue.

Gary
I really think voluntary work such as admin, tournament director, maybe a long time team manager is the sort of contribution to be rewarded here.

Otherwise the claim of 'buying a spot' argument could be an issue.

I guess on that topic though, the distinction has to be made between those who have contributed to CCup and those who have contributed to the VCTBA, is there a difference?

Jason
Who will pay for the award, depends on what the award is.
As a suggestion, trophies date, a pin or representation thereof is always relevant to bowling and easy to keep uniform as the years go on.

David

I could be the throphy date!;)

why's that? its still the same associations represented, and a lot of bowlers have participated in junior country cups before moving onto adults.

why's that? its still the same associations represented, and a lot of bowlers have participated in junior country cups before moving onto adults.

Junior Country Cup is a tournament for juniors that is based on the same principle. I am not trying to make it sound in any way less important or anything but in reality it hasn't got anything to do with Country Cup.

The way I see it this is about performance and contributions to Country Cup, not Junior Country Cup, and any other tournament we can think of to add to the list. Do you think we should add Emerson performance and contributions as well because a lot of bowlers have bowled in that too?

I say leave it as Country Cup only and if any other tourneys want to do something along the same lines then good luck to them.

Back
Top Bottom